Request: Editable section at the top of each thread

I love that each Topic allows you to add information at the very top of it (visible when viewing threads in that topic). However, I would love even more if you could add this ability to every thread too.

GMs could track details of a party, and keep a better grip on when resources are spent (or ticking down). Things like current HP, ongoing spell effects, how many of a certain item/power usage they have left, etc. All kinds of useful information could be kept here!

(Yes, you could argue that the GM can just repost that stuff, over and over, but it gets tiresome and sometimes I don't always clone the correct post with the latest details.)

Below is a mockup:

image.png.fde34c66916fd5d5ea5691497798c9a0.png

Just to make sure I have the concept correct, the idea here is to have a Description field for a Topic (aka thread) that functions similarly to the same field for a Forum, in that it shows up in the header of each page when viewing that Topic?

Adding to the feature request queue.

Correct! A description field that holds the same data at the top of a topic (thread), no matter the page number. Would be great if it had the same functionality as a regular post, meaning images and formatting for text.

Each topic would have it's own description field.

This would be the same as what happens in the top of a forum (this terminology confuses me, btw).

Thank you!

A forum is a container for topics, as a topic is a container for posts. And a game is a container for many node types to include forums, character sheets, blogs, calendars, etc.--it is a little different than the old site, but it makes things much more capable all around.

I appreciate the definition of the terms. I can understand the infrastructure just fine; it's just that I'm used to a forum being different. I should think of Forum as just a facet of a game; like you say, node types.

So, to be clear: Game➜Forum➜Topic➜Thread➜Post ???

I just want to also be clear: I'd like this new field to be separate from the one you can already use currently (when looking at all Threads within that Topic). I like using the Topic-Level field for Game Setting info or very generalized things about the campaign. Then, each Thread-Level one can have specific stuff that might not be pertinent to other Threads (and IC vs. and OOC or multiple ICs, etc.). I hope that helps!