Gin Sling Sal, female human ghoul wizard

Starhawk

spacer.png"Meat's back on the menu."
Theme: Trying to be better, but meat is the drug and I need to score.

Gin Sling Sal
Human (Versatile) • Scion of Slayers • Wizard 2
Medium • Neutral (now) • Traits

Abilities
Strength 10 (+0) • Dexterity 18 (+4) • Constitution 12 (+1) • Intelligence 18 (+4) • Wisdom 12 (+1) • Charisma 10 (+0)

Boosts
• Ancestry: Human Dexterity +2 Intelligence +2
• Background: Scion of Slayers Intelligence +2 Dexterity +2
• Class: Intelligence +2
• Free: Intelligence +2 Dexterity +2 Constitution +2 Wisdom +2 [2nd level] Dexterity +2

Adventuring & Combat
HP 15/15
Perception +5 • Trained 4 • Wis 1 • Item 0 • Senses Darkvision
Speed 30'
Class DC 18 • Trained 4 • Base 10 • Int 4 • Item 0

Armor and Shields
AC 19 • Trained 4 • Base 10 • Dex 4 • Mage Armor Spell 1 • Item 0
• Trained: Unarmoured
Shield • No shield

Saving Throws 
 Fortitude +5 • Trained 4 • Con 1 • Item 0
 Reflex +8 • Trained 4 • Dex 4 • Item 0
 Will +7 • Expert 6 • Wis 1 • Item 0

Weapon Proficiencies
• Trained:

Dagger +8 • Trained 4 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4 • Notes

Skills
Acrobatics +8 • Trained +4 • Dex 4 • Item 0
Arcana +8 • Trained +4 • Int 4 • Item 0
Athletics +4 • Trained +4 • Str 0 • Item 0 • Armor -0
Crafting +0 • Untrained 0 • Int 4 • Item 0
Deception +0 • Untrained 0 • Cha 0 • Item 0
Diplomacy +4 • Trained +4 • Cha 0 • Item 0
Intimidation +0 • Untrained 0 • Cha 0 • Item 0
Lore: Undead +8 • Trained +4 • Int 4 • Item 0
Medicine +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis 1 • Item 0
Nature +5 • Trained +4 • Wis 1 • Item 0
Occultism +8 • Trained +4 • Int 4 • Item 0
Performance +0 • Untrained 0 • Cha 0 • Item 0
Religion +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis 1 • Item 0
Society +8 • Trained +4 • Int 4 • Item 0
Stealth +8 • Trained +4 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Armor -0
Survival +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis 1 • Item 0
Thievery +4 • Untrained 0 • Dex 4 • Item 0

Languages: Common, Elven, Necril, Varisian, Skald, Orcish, Goblin

Abilities
Ability • Type 0 • Notes

Consume Flesh (manipulate) Requirements • You are adjacent to the corpse of a Small or larger creature that died in the last hour Effect • You devour a chunk of the corpse. You become satiated for 1 hour.

Feats

General Feats

Half Elf Heritage Feat • General Feat • Fleet

Wizard Feats

Wizard Feat • Familiar •

Wizard Feat • Widen Spell (1 action)

Wizard Feat • Arcane Bond

Wizard Feat • Arcane School • Universalist

Wizard Feat  Arcane Thesis Improved Familiar Attunement

Wizard Feat Drain Bonded Item 1 Action

Wizard Feat Spellbook

Ghoul Feats

Necril You know the Necril language.
Undead Vision  You gain darkvision.
Negative Healing You are damaged by positive damage and aren't healed by positive healing effects. You don't take negative damage and are healed by negative effects that heal undead.
Negative Survival Unlike normal undead, you aren't destroyed when reduced to 0 HP. Instead, powerful negative energy tries to keep you from being destroyed. You are knocked out and begin dying when reduced to 0 HP. As you're undead, many methods of bringing someone back from dying, such as stabilize, don't benefit you. When you would die, you're destroyed rather than dead, just like other undead.
Immunity to Death Effects You're immune to death effects. This keeps you from being automatically killed or from having your dying value automatically increase, but it doesn't make you immune to other parts of the spell or effect. For example, you can still take mental damage and become frightened by a phantasmal killer, you just don't instantly die from it.
Disease and Poison Protection You gain a +1 circumstance bonus to saving throws (or any other defense) against disease and poison.
Undead Hunger While you don't eat or drink the same food as humanoids do. You have a ghoul's hunger for humanoid flesh. While you don't sleep, you enter a state of quiescence for at least 4 hours a day to recuperate, which lets your undead flesh reknit and recover naturally. Many undead choose to rest when the sun is at its highest.

Spells & Powers
Spell Attack +7 • Untrained 3 • Int 4
Spell DC 17 • Trained 3 • Base 10 • Int 4
Focus Points 0/0
Spells/Day: 0: 5 • 1st: 3

Prepared Spells
Spell 0 — Electric Arc, Shield, Detect Magic, Message, Protect Companion
• Spell 1st Color Spray, Magic Weapon, Mage Armor

Innate Spells

Spell 0 
• Disrupt Undead

Owl Familiar "Deathclaw" "DeeCee"

Abilities Flier • Fast Movement • • Darkvision • Speech • Independent

Skills Acrobatics+8 Stealth +12 Perception +8 (Darkvision)

Move 40' Flight AC 17 • Trained 3 • Base 10 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Trained: Unarmored (no shield)

HP 10/10 • Fortitude +5 • Trained 4 • Con 1 • Item 0 • Reflex +8 • Trained 4 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Will +6 • Expert 6 • Wis 0 • Item 0

Inventory
Money: 15 GP 9 SP left
Bulk 0/0 • Enc 0 (5 + Str 0) • Max 10 (10 + Str 0)

Adventurer's Pack • Bulk 2 • Backpack, bedroll, belt pouch (2), chalk (10), flint and steel, rope (50 ft.), rations (14), soap, torches (5), waterskin 1g 4sp

Clothing (Winter) Bulk L • Notes 4sp

Writing Set • Bulk 0 • Notes 1gp

Spellbook (Blank) • Bulk 0 • Notes 1gp

Mirror • Bulk 0 • Notes 1gp

Oil (5) • Bulk 0 • Notes 5cp 1d6 Fire

Potion of Expeditious Retreat • Bulk 0 • The stopper for a potion of expeditious retreat is crafted to easily snap open in dire circumstances. When you drink this potion, you become fleeing for 1 minute, and you gain a +40-foot status bonus to all your Speeds for the duration as long as you are fleeing. You immediately Stride. Activate action_single.png?v=dm-1 Interact 3gp

Alchemist's Fire (2) • Bulk L- • The bomb deals 1d8 fire damage, 1 persisten fire damage and 1 fire splash damage. Notes 6gp cp

Flint and Steel • Bulk - • Notes 5cp

Arms and Armor
Dagger • Bulk 0 • Notes 2sp

14.1gp

Magic

Eye Slash Tattoo: Small scars or marks around your eye improve your distant vision. These scars are especially common among orc scouts, who favor scars shaped like eagle talons. You can see four times farther than normal. If you have darkvision, you can see blood in color. Higher-level versions of an eye slash are larger and more elaborate scars or marks, radiating out around the eye.

Appearance

Clearly a half elf, but the extreme pointiness of her ears now coupled with the hollowed out cheeks, make her look more elvish, though clearly also ghoulish. She wears relatively fine clothing and the veil of a widow, also associated with some of the more conservative groups in Ustalavian society. She takes pains to disguise what she is but this wouldn't hold up under close inspection.

Personality

Alive she was fun loving and this has continued into undeath. She loves puns, though doesn't laugh at her own. She is unusual among adventurers for having a sense of humor. Most adventurers she knows seem to consider conversation to be cause and effect, with no deviation from logic on account of perversity or a liking for the wordplay or absurdity, or sophistry. She loves witty dialogue, quick one liners and verbal parting shots. Needless to say she has a liking for all the above and much more besides. Like all wizards she is possessed of limitless curiosity and a pronounced desire to meddle, which is what got her killed in the first place... she just couldn't leave it alone. She loves Rube Goldberg Machines and intricate clockwork, particularly liking elegant systems of all kinds, whether social, mechanical or otherwise. Alive, she was a drinker, a dancer and enjoyed a good shindig. The fact that she's lost her sense of taste and is hungry all the time irks her no end. She's determined to do everything in her power to be returned to life again so she can indulge in all the wonderful things the living get to do, like taste food, drink, make love, have kids etc. Undeath is no fun and she's perplexed as to why anyone would put up with it just for the dubious benefits of immortality.

History

I was bad to the bone, so kinda surprised I'm not waking up a skeleton. I've looked better, but besides that.. what's for dinner? Anyway, about me. I was born into the Van Der Valk clan, undead killers of Ustalav since time out of mind. My folks wanted me to follow in their footsteps.. you know, the utterly futile 'whack a mole' antics which brought neither fame, since we operate in the darkness, nor riches, since we were not robbers, nor security, since dying young and badly is definitely a thing with us. Anyway, my parents died young and badly and I was raised by an aunt who despised me, but wanted me in the family business. Needless to say I rebelled. I got myself the barest education in the Art I could and ran. The Clan has pull all over Ustalav and so it wasn't long before I was forcibly returned, in shackles no less, to the loving bosom of my family and vile guardian. I learned my lesson and the next time I ran it was to the criminal underworld. I changed my name. I changed how I looked. I changed how I sounded. I worked on scores for a while, justifying this as doing what I needed to do to avoid the authorities and their wrist irons. I was pushed into this life, but damn if it wasn't exciting. I've killed people, mostly people trying to kill me because of the crime I was committing. I kill for good reasons, or rather reasons that keep me free and at liberty. I've been on the run more than once and been run out of town more than that. Mostly my talents were put to good use in graverobbing and raiding tombs. The Gods have a sense of irony to bring me, me of all people, back as an undead creature. There was a time when I was in the family business, and now I am the family business... the undead black sheep daughter of undead slayers. Well, there's a first for everything I suppose.

Hecatia Van Der Valk: My guardian upon my parent's death and a right nasty piece of work. She hated my elven mother for marrying my father, her brother. Seemed to think it diluted the bloodline, and hated the elf in me, though seemingly everything else as well. A summoner of some renown, she hunts mostly non intelligent undead, when she hunts, which is rarely. She's the protector of one of the graveyards in the capital and this keeps her in one place, which is as she likes it. She's married to Peris, a priest of Pharasma, like her a human and like her no friend of half breeds.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...