Could we get rid of double scroll bars?

Having to scroll inner and outer scroll bars while editing is a pain.

If there's any chance to configure the editor to keep formatting buttons on top (collapsible) and submit (and add files... again collapsible) at the bottom. That would be great. Maybe all the things at the bottom are actually fine if you need to scroll to them and the things above the formatting buttons it's fine if I need to scroll up entirely before this shows up.

With the size of a page, how is the browser supposed to know which section to scroll without the bars?  For example, you have stuff at the top and bottom of a page, right?  Well say you scroll far down enough where the top of the page isn't shown, and you go start creating a post.  Without the double scroll bars, how does the browser know you want to go back up to the top of the page?

I'll point out that this is basic behavior on not just OGMW, but pretty much everywhere on the internet.  Is it really that bad to have multiple scroll bars displayed?

I have played with the CSS of the editor, if we disable the scrollbar inside the editor (which is possible) then you have to constantly scroll up and down the page to get to the buttons.  The reason that the inner scrollbar exist is to keep the buttons on top while you scroll through the content.  If we disable the page scrollbar while you are in the editor then you may not be able to get out of it, depending on how long the post is.

I however have turned off the scrollbars for spoilers so now they display more like the OGMW site.

@Scarecrow71it's less about scrollbars but more about the separate scrollable areas. 

I think it actually improved compared to OGMW where I sometimes don't get a hold of the outer scroll area...

@bwatfordi've seen web UIs where depending on scroll position some parts are fixed. So, I would like to have everything above buttons disappear when I scroll down, while the buttons stick to the top. If I'd need to get to the very top again I'd be fine to have to scroll through my entire post. Similarly, for the bottom area everything below the submit button can be pushed out of the screen and require scrolling. The add attachment would also be great to be minimized or included in the top section. Maybe even the submit button would be fine to require scrolling through the post.

If you think you have enough control over the page that this is feasible I could sit down and build a mock in Figma or similar to get into details and potentially get something that allows getting more user feedback on the idea. What do you think?

7 hours ago, eldarin said:

If you think you have enough control over the page that this is feasible I could sit down and build a mock in Figma or similar to get into details and potentially get something that allows getting more user feedback on the idea. What do you think?

Not sure myself.  I am just working on visuals and in CSS/HTML alone what you are asking for is not possible as a lot of it depends on it working with CKEditor which is the WYSIWYG editor that this software uses.

However, I will tag @Eric in this as I am sure he could give you better insight into if such a thing is possible within the limitations of the software.