Gareth Castellan, Human Mage

codexgigas

Gareth Castellan

spacer.pngspacer.png
"Magius fought beside Huma, Father. I might not follow the Oath and the Measure as you do, but the Mages of High Sorcery have their own honor to guide me."

Race: Variant Human
Alignment: Lawful Good

Class: Wizard 1
Background: Mage of High Sorcery

Passive Perception: 13
Passive Investigation: 16
Passive Insight: 11

HP: 9
Hit Dice: 1d6
AC: 14
Initiative: +4
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet

skill-1-512.png Abilities & Skills
Proficiency Bonus: +3
STR
(-2)
DEX
(+4)
CON
(+3)
INT
(+4)
WIS
(+1)
CHA
(+0)
-2 Saves
+4 Saves
+3 Saves
+6 Saves
+3 Saves
+0 Saves
-2 Athletics

+4 Acrobatics
+4 Sleight of Hand
+4 Stealth

+6 Arcana
+6 History
+6 Investigation
+4 Nature
+6 Religion
+1 Animal Handling
+1 Insight
+1 Medicine
+3 Perception
+1 Survival
+0 Deception
+0 Intimidation
+0 Performance
+0 Persuasion

Proficiencies Languages Class & Background Features Race & Feats

Light Crossbow, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, Sling

Common
Draconic
Istarian
Solamnic

Initiate of High SorceryYou gain the Initiate of High Sorcery feat.

In addition, the Mages of High Sorcery provide you with free, modest lodging and food indefinitely at any occupied Tower of High Sorcery and for one night at the home of an organization member.
SpellcastingAt 1st level, you know three cantrips of your choice from the wizard spell list. You learn additional wizard cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Wizard table.
Arcane RecoveryYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.

Racial ASI+1 Str +1 Dex
SkillsYou gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.

Perception
FeatYou gain one feat of your choice.

Telekinetic
Initiate of High Sorcery (Solinari)You’ve received training from magic-users affiliated with the Mages of High Sorcery.

Choose one of the three moons of Krynn to influence your magic: the black moon, Nuitari; the red moon, Lunitari; or the white moon, Solinari. You learn one cantrip of your choice from the wizard spell list and two 1st-level spells based on the moon you choose, as specified in the Lunar Spells table. (Protection from Good and Evil, Shield)

You can cast each of the chosen 1st-level spells without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast them in this way again. You can also cast the spells using any spell slots you have.

Your spellcasting ability for this feat’s spells is Intelligence.
Telekinetic (Intelligence)You learn to move things with your mind, granting you the following benefits:

*Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
*You learn the mage hand cantrip. You can cast it without verbal or somatic components, and you can make the spectral hand invisible. If you already know this spell, its range increases by 30 feet when you cast it. Its spellcasting ability is the ability increased by this feat.
*As a bonus action, you can try to telekinetically shove one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. When you do so, the target must succeed on a Strength saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + the ability modifier of the score increased by this feat) or be moved 5 feet toward you or away from you. A creature can willingly fail this save.

8437-200.png Attacks

Weapon To Hit Damage Type/(Range)

Dagger

Staff

Unarmed Strike

Fire Bolt

+6

+0

+0

+6

1d4+4

1d6-2/1d8-2

1d10

Piercing (20/60)

Bludgeoning

Bludgeoning

Fire

skill-1-512.png Spells 

Cantrips
Lvl 1
Lvl 2
Lvl 3
Lvl 4
Lvl 5

2 slots

Fire Bolt

Light

Mage Hand

Mind Sliver

Minor Illusion

Catapult

Detect Magic

Find Familiar

Mage Armor

Magic Missile

Sleep

money-dollar-circle-512.png Money

Copper: 0 Silver: 1 Steel: 57 Platinum: 0 (58 Coins * .02 lbs. = 1.16 lbs. Total Weight)

Encumbrance, heaviness, load, mass, sinker, stowage, weight icon - Download  on Iconfinder Encumbrance

Weight: 49.16 lbs. / 90 lbs. max.
Penalty: None

688885-200.png Equipment Readied

Equipped Items: (12.16 lbs.)

Armor (4 lbs.) Weapons (5 lbs.) Readied Items (3.16 lbs.)
Robes (4 lbs)

Dagger (1 lbs)

Staff (4 lbs)

Pouch: (1 lb.)
- Money (see above)
- Tinderbox (1 lb.)
- Ink (--)
- Ink Pen (--)
- Little Bag of Sand (--)
- Small Knife

education_icons_IF-06-512.png Equipment Stored

Stored Items: (37 lbs.)

In Backpack (25 lbs.) * Includes 5 lbs. for backpack Strapped To Backpack (12 lbs.)

Book (5 lb)
Parchment (10 Sheets)
Mess Kit (1 lb)
6 x Rations (12 lbs.)
Spellbook (3 lbs)

Bedroll (7 lbs.)
Waterskin (5 lbs.)

Item_necklace_9.png Magic Items

Magic Items: (0.0 lbs.)

Non-Attuned (0.0 lbs.) Attuned 0/3 (0.0 lbs.)

spacer.pngBackground: Mage of High Sorcery

Personality Traits:
I’m willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgment.
I am horribly, horribly awkward in social situations.

Ideal:
Self-Improvement. The goal of a life of study is the betterment of oneself.

Bond:
Magic exists to help others. I will use my magic to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Flaw:
I can’t keep a secret to save my life, or anyone else’s.

Edited by codexgigas (see edit history)
Name
Stats1
SyntaxError: Unexpected token m4d6v1
6m4d6v1
Stats1
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 2,4,5,6,1,4,5,6,2,3,4,5,2,5,5,5,3,5,5,6,1,3,3,6
Stats2
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 1,5,6,6,1,4,6,6,1,1,1,3,5,5,6,6,1,3,4,6,1,3,3,4
Stats3
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 1,3,4,6,1,2,3,6,1,3,4,5,1,2,3,6,1,4,4,5,1,1,4,4

House Castellan traces its history back to the Third Dragon War, when Darius of Eldor, a young foot soldier among the Solamnic army, proved himself in battle against Galan Dracos' dreadwolves. Darius was knighted for his courage, joining the Order of the Crown. As part of his elevation to the knighthood, the young knight was entrusted with a small keep outside Palanthas, part of the city's defenses should the High Clerist's Tower ever fall. As Istar rose, and Solamnia's fortunes rose with the fledging empire in the east, the city grew, eventually overtaking what had once been its outer defenses. The keep's importance waned, but House Castellan endured as one of the knightly families of Solamnia's greatest city.

Even when the fiery mountain fell, House Castellan

Edited by codexgigas (see edit history)