Game Applications

Trayboar

I'm going to send invites to all that have applied so far. Technically we have room for 1 more so I'll leave the game open until 8/27 as advertised. Feel free to begin working on your character sheets, but don't feel rushed. We won't officially start the game until after the advertising period closes.

8 hours ago, Primeval Stasis said:

@Trayboar do you think we could have an IC chat (just like in a bar or something) until the advertising expires? That way we can find a groove for our group and voices for the characters.

That's an excellent idea. I'll put something up shortly.

3 hours ago, Trayboar said:

That's an excellent idea. I'll put something up shortly.

Thanks!

I suck at drawing, but I like having some character art and I respect your views about generated stuff (I think it's terrible that it will be used for commercial purposes, but I like being able to use it for free hobby stuff like this), so I gave drawing Morga a shot 😅 It doesn't look great, but here she is:

image.jpeg.051d88c99342f6d9e3da46f2fc847087.jpeg

1 minute ago, Primeval Stasis said:

Thanks!

I suck at drawing, but I like having some character art and I respect your views about generated stuff (I think it's terrible that it will be used for commercial purposes, but I like being able to use it for free hobby stuff like this), so I gave drawing Morga a shot 😅 It doesn't look good, but here she is:

image.jpeg.051d88c99342f6d9e3da46f2fc847087.jpeg

Hey, I think you should give yourself more credit. This looks great! It helps visualize the character which I think is the main reason we find art for our characters.

Thank you for respecting my request on art sources. I realize on this site my opinion is definitely in the minority so I really appreciate you going through the effort of making it yourself. Seeing others be creative always gives me the warm fuzzies.

Everyone should be in the game now. We'll still hold a spot open just in case, but you are all free to work on your character sheets if you haven't started already. Please let me know when your character sheets are ready for review and if you have further questions while working on them.

I'd like to apologize in advance if I have terrible formatting or whatnot, this is my first time using this site.

Null Lantis

A detached member of the Nilus race he joined the Violet Guild in order to study the way magic interacts with other universes. He constantly seeks out new experiences and can often times seem somewhat oblivious as he uses his innate abilities to sense the magic in the world around him. He joined the guild only recently as one of the few members of his race to join any organized structure. He is unusually receptive to interacting with others for a Nilus.

Nilus Race

The Nilus are a long lived and seldom born race of magical singularities, that appear to others as a wispy cloud of strands of raw magic in a vaguely humanoid shape. They seem to come into existence when a magically gifted individual with little regard for personal safety comes into contact with some form of magical singularity during their research and decides to study it far too closely. The interaction between their will and large amounts of concentrated magical energy twists the energy into a form of quasi living being, although the freshly born Nilus takes little to none of the memories and personalities of their progenitor besides maybe some of their innate desire for understanding.

All members of the Nilus race posses a keen sense for how magic can interact with the fundamental building blocks of reality and how to use that interaction to themselves utilize magic. The Nilus have no government and very rarely subject themselves to any limitations on their ability to travel and ponder on their chosen mysteries spending decades ruminating on a single very specific topic (such as how a certain frequency of light when modulated with precise magic hitting an atom at just the right angle can be used to manipulate the atom in such a way as to cause it to slightly phase into other atoms and the implications of said topic ect.), and are often too absorbed in their own magical sense to truly notice others around them often reacting with annoyance when someone attempts to interact with them. Although those that do mange to get the Nilus to speak on their observations, and of course are advanced enough in their understanding to understand the very narrow but advanced topics the Nilus studies, will often be able to glean many tricks to improve their own magic when it comes to the phenomena the Nilus studies.

All Nilus are particularly weak to physical damage, their forms usually only composed of magic and hardlight, although being scattered won't in truth kill them it can take them decades or even centuries to reconstitute themselves. Because they don't posses any organics they cannot be healed by normal magical means and instead must rely on their own magic to heal them, although they posses the unique ability to convert most forms of energy into mana to replenish their own supplies much faster then most any other race.

Gift and Flaw Suggestions

Gift: Magic of Manipulation: Null posses the magical ability to manipulate matter and energy with magic. A weaker spell might be to bend a light into a direction, whereas a more powerful spell might recrate the conditions of a ruby laser to send a beam at a foe, and a high tier might be turning matter into energy and vise versa.

Gift: Nilus Physiology: Null can feed upon large amounts of raw energy to replenish either his mana or form. He can somewhat easily digest radiant, thermal, electrical or sound energy, but needs to convert the other stored forms of energy to the aforementioned forms to consume them(e.g burning a piece of coal to convert chemical to light and heat, or compressing an unstable element within a prepared vessel to convert atomic to heat.

Gift: Nilus Understanding: Null can sense and understand the effects of magic in his presence and can otherwise tell when there is something is manipulating reality beyond it's normal bounds within a ~60ft radius around him, although it doesn't tell him the actual cause or what the anomaly is doing without further study.

Flaw: Magic Form: Nilus are composed of mostly magic and hardlight and as such are both weak to physical attacks made against them and can't benefit from normal healing spells and ability's. If Null takes a physical hit then he receives a harsher wound then that another race would in his stead. He also doesn't heal over time like most other races would instead needing to expend magic proportional to the wound to heal himself over the course of 10 minuets.

I haven't actually played FUDGE before so I don't really know if these abilities are balanced or not, I'm more than willing to change pretty much anything about them if they are, please let me know, I kind of got swept up in the lore I made and was more focused on the flavor I was going for so I apologize if they don't fit the bounds of normal gifts or flaws. If need be I can completely rework them if you have suggestions on how to achieve a similar flavor that's actually within the bounds of the rules. Thanks for your consideration!

1 hour ago, Lord_Cryptid said:

I'd like to apologize in advance if I have terrible formatting or whatnot, this is my first time using this site.

Null Lantis

A detached member of the Nilus race he joined the Violet Guild in order to study the way magic interacts with other universes. He constantly seeks out new experiences and can often times seem somewhat oblivious as he uses his innate abilities to sense the magic in the world around him. He joined the guild only recently as one of the few members of his race to join any organized structure. He is unusually receptive to interacting with others for a Nilus.

Hey welcome! Your idea sounds totally fine for the setting and system. We can work out the specifics of your gifts and how they work with the existing magic rules, but I have no major changes to suggest right now. Feel free to make a post in the Characters forum for your character sheet.

I'm going to close the advertising for the game now since we're at 5 players. I'll be working on the first chapter introduction over this next week or so.

Just a reminder to everyone to make a post for your character sheet and ping me on it when you are ready for it to be reviewed (ignore this if I already tagged it as approved). I'll be making the first formal IC thread later this week.

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, nexiss said:

Hey there!

Game looks interesting, but I've never really played anything but D&D3.5. Looking to branch out.
Looks like the first group is already formed and playing, yes?
If so, are you interested in forming another?

The system is very simple, especially compared to 3.5. If you understand that system this will be much faster to get in to. I would suggest to read over the rules and settings page. We have a group now, but we lost a couple people right after starting so I was wanting to fill those two spots with new players. We haven't come very far in the story yet and the setting makes it super easy to drop new players in.

53 minutes ago, nexiss said:

Hey there!

Game looks interesting, but I've never really played anything but D&D3.5. Looking to branch out.
Looks like the first group is already formed and playing, yes?
If so, are you interested in forming another?

Welcome!