Game Applications

Trayboar

11 hours ago, nexiss said:

@Trayboar

Character sheet is in progress. Attributes and Skills completed. Looking for Gift/Flaw suggestions.

I think the skills/attributes will be a great addition to the group!

For the gifts/flaws, I think most of the group started with a character concept and then made gifts and flaws that aligned with that. For instance, what sets Theliad apart from humans?

22 hours ago, Primeval Stasis said:

For the gifts/flaws, I think most of the group started with a character concept and then made gifts and flaws that aligned with that. For instance, what sets Theliad apart from humans?

Theliad are actually from my own setting documents. Two of the npcs on your ship are actually Theliads, but it wasn't really relevant so I didn't bring it up. 😅

But what @Primeval Stasis said is a good way of going about the gifts/flaws part. It's easier to think of what kind of character you want and then figure out what their gifts would be. If you want to use magic of some kind that's an easy use of your first gift.

Gifts can be pretty diverse in use though. For example in another group I'm running off this site we have a character with a supernatural sense of smell and another one has a gift that he can never get lost. And you can look at the rest of the group's characters to get an idea of how varied a gift could be.

22 minutes ago, Trayboar said:

Theliad are actually from my own setting documents. Two of the npcs on your ship are actually Theliads, but it wasn't really relevant so I didn't bring it up. 😅

But what @Primeval Stasis said is a good way of going about the gifts/flaws part. It's easier to think of what kind of character you want and then figure out what their gifts would be. If you want to use magic of some kind that's an easy use of your first gift.

Gifts can be pretty diverse in use though. For example in another group I'm running off this site we have a character with a supernatural sense of smell and another one has a gift that he can never get lost. And you can look at the rest of the group's characters to get an idea of how varied a gift could be.

Oh whoops 😅 I thought I read those but maybe I need to go back.

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2023 at 4:39 PM, yxanthymir said:

I didn't know if I should do just a single roll for all creatures (and that result be extrapolated) or one for each one.

I addressed how rolling for Magic works in my in game post if you wanted more info. Basically in most cases your spell will work as desired with opposed Magic rolls only being required when you are trying to overcome another spell or caster in some way.

8 hours ago, Trayboar said:

I addressed how rolling for Magic works in my in game post if you wanted more info. Basically in most cases your spell will work as desired with opposed Magic rolls only being required when you are trying to overcome another spell or caster in some way.

Good to know. I was thinking it would be more Fate-like with it always working, just not how you want it to work, depending of the roll.