A Discovery of Elves

Our heroes are just meeting the Elves of Iartliv.

Our Heroes: . . . . Fel'hex . . . . . . . . . . . . & . . . . . . . . . Katt

portrait Character Portrait

Will the Elves' strange technology be able to help them?

How will they be able to help the Elves.

We shall soon see.

IceElf2-Male.jpg.ac6fc3d2a32b6eadd8fb0c264b0170ac.jpg Guard-IceElf-Female.jpg.5f4cd57b75463ef0d0c090e07c8e6ccf.jpg

More info may be added.

Edited by ThWatcher (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

OOC: Sorry I missed this post till now.

OOC: Are you using your email address as the log-in name on the new site? It should be the email address and not your user-name.

OOC: Do you have more than 1 email address associated with your account? Other than that, I have no idea.

Problem is I forgot old PW and I get a temp one but I cant change it. Im sure I could get it cleared up with Eric or Collin. If I plan a vacay I probably will Otherwise I log into laptop on average 5 out of 7 days each week

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Oolanni is busy with gathering some info about the Elves that live on this frozen world. From what she has gathered so far, an ice age began here somewhere between 500 and 1500 years ago. She suspects either some environmental change, or a natural cycle of the star system, may have been the cause but, has no proof so far.

But, there is a little bit of excitement around the elven community as a space ship has arrived and there is word that at least one of the crew claims to be from a planet called Earth.

Edited by ThWatcher (see edit history)

While Katt continues talks with the two Elves that are visiting her on her ship, Shaa excuses herself and then returns after a few minutes with several cans of preserved food. "Katt, should I open some of these to share with our guests?"

"Preserved? Baby can make fresh. Baby, four of those cheeseburger and fries I taught you. Double pickles on mine... no make that triple."

So the replications weren't perfect but she dared anyone from earth to say they weren't good. And even though Katt wasn't one, even vegans could eat these.

"No. Supply is fine. Fresh made is better. And it might take that long in a earth rest.... Umm... what is that walking around outside?"

To the elves, "what is that? It doesn't look like one of you?"

Baby replies to Katt's question about the humanoid approaching the ship. "It appears to be about half the height of the Elf adults. Perhaps a child? But the suit and armor does not look like what I have seen the Elves wearing. And there is a faint electronic signature emanate emanating from it."

Show OOC

8w_gremlin, assuming your character is approaching the ship, start in now with description and what it is attempting to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Standing at half the height of a grown man, is a Grey, the alien of conspiracies and myth. Her big head is kind of beautiful in a strange way, like one of those sculptures that are meant to make you feel things. The eyes, vast and opaque, drink in the light and the gazes of the onlookers, offering back nothing but reflections like the void of deep space.

She steps into the open, easily seen from the ship, and though she’s perhaps only a metre tall, She moves in a way that makes you nervous. She wears what appears to be some combat armour and a hostile environment suit, and at her hips swing two strange-pronged pistols, her hands are no way near, and she strikes a pose that she has learnt from a gold disk that was sent to the stars decades ago.

Oolanni, despite her extensive travels and the many species she has encountered, harbours a keen interest in the planet Earth and its inhabitants — humans. With a mind like a sponge, thirsty for knowledge and firsthand experience of cultures, she decides it is time to quench this thirst. She is meticulous in her preparations, studying human languages and social customs through intercepted broadcasts and cultural databases her people have accumulated. There's a flutter of excitement within her — a feeling she keeps carefully shielded from her conscious thoughts, lest it overwhelm her with its intensity. She understands the significance of this meeting; it's not just a personal milestone but a potential bridge between her people and humanity.

"Greetings Earthlings, I am Oolani, I come in peace... may I come aboard"