Chapter One - Blood on the Crown

bwatford

Baldur

Baldur Stonebow Dwarf Ranger 5Baldur(3).jpg.a5cbe35aa8f560308a6e2bd9dfb1e0d6.jpg

image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

AC: 15 (chain shirt) | HP: 49/49 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 15 
Spell Slots: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Spell Attack: +5 | Spell DC: 13
Spells Known | DM Inspiration: 1/1

"Thanks for the info and the food."

Baldur turns to Gwydion with a glance and a sigh at everyone else who immediately shot off to the drug addict's table.

"So do we stop them before they partake? We really should head for the logging camp, but it is getting late. By the sounds of it sleeping outside the town is probably the safest way to go. Only one place in town to get a room and it sounds like a thieves den. I guess if we are a week behind her, one more night probably won't matter."

He leans back against the bar as he sips from his ale and watches the others.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Heavy Crossbow
Off Hand: Heavy Crossbow

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Yaldiled Gurvys Dragonborn Paladin 4/Bard 1

spacer.png

AC: 19 | HP: 38/38 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 13 | Spell Attack: +6 | Spell DC: 14 | DM Inspiration: 1/1
Cantrips; Vicous Mockery, Minor Illusion, Spare the Dying, Guidance
Memorized Spells;
Level 1 | ▣ ▣ ▣ ▢ | Ensnaring Strike, Wrathful Smite, Bless, Command, Purify Food and Drink, Dissonant Whispers, Earth Tremor, Thunderwave, Tasha's Hideous Laughter
Level 2 | ▣ ▢ |

As the others seem to have puzzling out where the halfling girl is already well in hand, Yaldiled goes to join those by the bartender. She had no idea if Skogrinn even remembered their earlier encounter before all this, but for now, she was keeping a comfortable amount of distance. Besides, the boar was also very tantalizing.

"Excuse me, I'd like to order a boar sandwich please. No drink, I prefer to remain sober. Instead, I'd like to ask, does your inn have any musical accompaniment rented for the night? I have a bit of talents in that regard, and maybe if you find it skilled enough we can negotiate a discount on the sandwich?"

She didn't want to come across as a miser, but as a former slave well...she'd learned to value each coin as much as she could. Especially considering the numbers whose only wealth to their name was their price on the market.

Mechanics

Main Hand: +1 Warhammer
Off Hand: Shield

PC

Gwydion Black Human Rogue 5https://www.dandwiki.com/w/images/3/3a/Daring_swashbuckler.jpg

AC: 17 (Studded leather and dual wielding) | HP: 33/33 | Initiative: +5 | Passive Perception: 15 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Gwydion nods his thanks to the barkeep as well, sipping a bit more on his tankard. Those watching closely will notice that, while he enjoys his brew, he's in a pace to nurse the one drink for a while. He eyes his companions' food speculatively. "How's the grub? Perhaps I should order dinner..." He looks up to the barkeep once more. "At any rate, I'll take two sandwiches and two stews for the ladies at the table." He slides another two gold to sit beside the others he's already paid over.

A white stone appears in one gloved hand, walking up and down his fingers as he watches the room idly. After a moment, it disappears into a pocket.

"I think we're in for the evening, Baldur," Gwydion tells the dwarf. He looks over at Egg, drawing the elf into their planning. "I know you two can see in the dark, but I do not relish tackling the monster at night. Still, there might be a few things we can do. Camping outside town might be an idea, as well as a shortcut to finding the manticore if it finds our camp appetizing. We might want to find a spot before it gets too dark, though. And the inn might be full of thieves, but... Well, let's just say I've known some perfectly pleasant and trustworthy thieves in my day."

He looks over as Yaldiled appears at the bar beside them. "At any rate, we should not miss one of Yaldiled's performances."

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

image.jpeg.6e2c0e136f0df5812ee99688a3dc909b.jpeg

CHAPTER ONE - BLOOD ON THE CROWN

Quote: Kythera Syras "Ky"
But when the bartender over there described Inspiration Dust, if that's what you are using, now I think you might be able to help us. We are looking for a halfling girl that came through here looking for a manticore. Do you have any insight into that? Anything that could help us locate her? Is there something else you're using the dust for?"

When Ky had asked her question Eldeth just held her mouth agape and jerked her head to give the barkeep a disgusting look but before she could speak the other woman across from her spoke up as she stood from the table "Come on Eldeth, it is time we took our leave." Eldeth looked up at the other woman, "You go ahead Maynild, I'll be along shortly." and with that the human woman took her leave of the tavern without making eye contact with any of the newcomers.

Turning back to Ky the dwarven woman said "I vaguely remember the girl coming through here almost a week ago now.  Didn't pay her much mind with all the talk of slaying the beast.  I mean she could barely hold up that shield of hers, obviously it was meant for a human and not one more vertically challenged. And I do not know what dust you are talking about?" she said as she ran her finger across the top of the table "Looks dust free to me."

When Skogrinn made her way over to the table and introduced herself as well, the dwarven woman sighed "Too big a party for me now." as she rose to her feet, she addressed Skogrinn directly "Please take no offense, and your beauty would normally  be enough to keep my attention. Of that  I am sure. But I don't take well to crowds, and my friend is waiting for me." she said as she moved toward the door giving Skogrinn one last wink before she turned and exited the establishment. "Maybe another time luv."

On This Kusha (Friday), the 30th Day of Camus (Autumn), in the 631st Year of the Age of Kings
8:34 pm

The 1st Day of the Campaign

Show Active Maps

Currently Not in Use!!

Show Bookkeeping

PASSIVE PERCEPTION

Egg 17 | Gwydion 17 | Baldur 15 | Kythera 14 | Yaldiled 13 | Skogrinn 12

INITIATIVE

Currently Not in Use!!

MECHANICS

Currently Not in Use!!

CONDITIONS

Currently Not in Use!!

DESCRIPTIONS

Currently Not in Use!!

BALDUR STONEBOW

Hit Points: 49/49 (RESIST:poison; ADVSAVTYPE: poisoned)
Hit Dice: 5/5
Spell Slots (+5, DC 13) *L

• 1st Level: 4/4
  • 2nd Level: 2/2

DM Inspiration: 1/1

EGG

Hit Points: 38/38 (ADVSAVTYPE: charmed; IMMUNITIES: magic sleep)
Arcane Recovery: 1/1 *L
Cloak of Darkness: 1/1 *S/L
Shadow Shield: 1/1 *S/L
Spell Slots Cleric (+4, DC 12), Wizard (+8, DC 16) *L

• 2nd Level: 3/3
  • 3rd Level: 2/2

GWYDION BLACK

Hit Points: 33/33 (Uncanny Dodge)

KYTHERA SYRAS

Hit Points: 29/29
Channel Divinity: 1/1 *S/L
Channel Divinity (AotD): 1/1 *L
Eyes of the Night: 1/1 *L
Spell Slots (+8, DC 16) *L

SKÓGRINN

Hit Points: 31/31 (ADVSAVTYPE: charmed; IMMUNE: magic sleep)
Fey Step: 3/3 *L
Pact of the Talisman: 3/3 *L
Tentacle of the Deep: 3/3 *L

• 1st Level: 2/2 (Sorcerer)
  • 2nd Level: 2/2 (Warlock)

YALDILED GURVYS

Hit Points: 38/38 (RESIST:cold; IMMUNE: disease)
Bardic Inspiration: 3/3 (d8) *L
Breath Weapon: 1/1 *S
Divine Sense: 4/4 *L
Lay on Hands: 20/20 *L
Spell Slots (+6, DC 14) *L

NPC

Lewis Pickerton Human proprietor of the Wise Owl in Willow Creekimage.jpeg.e7d06f98934f3d888c6af959b98c8657.jpeg
Description

Turning to Yaldiled, "My friend." the barkeep said "I am sure your music is fine, but this is not an inn, this is a tavern, and beside your group, well you seemed to have run off my only other two customers of the evening."

"However, feel free to perform for your friends, but the sandwich, cheese, and beer is still 5 silvers." he said with a big smile. "I have to eat too."

PC

Kythera Syras "Ky" Human Cleric 1 / Wizard 4spacer.png

AC: 16 (chain shirt and shield) | HP: 29/29 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 14 | Features

Kythera doesn't get any new information and she upset the women, but at least they didn't yell at her or attack her. She'll take that as a win. As the women get up to leave, Ky excuses herself.

"Sorry again to bother you both. Thank you for answering what you could. I hope you have a good evening."

She goes back to the bar and sits in front of her now warm beer and cold stew. It isn't great, but it's better than the rations she's eaten the past two days. She's ready to move on, but probably more interested in the Inn than sleeping on the ground again.

"The innkeeper might have some information for us."

Mechanics

Notes

Byra, halfling daughter of Taem and Gyo

Willow Creek, built right into the side of a large hill it was, they were immediately accosted by a hoarde of beggars as they made their way into the village. They found the village to have no walls and no real militia that they could see. Prominent buildings were:

the Crossed Guard (blacksmith),

the Wise Owl (tavern): Lewis Pickerton (proprietor), Eldeth (dwarf on Inspiration Dust)

Roots and Hourglass (alchemist),

the Bearded Cabinet (general store),

the Temple of the Eternal Mother (church).

Flask and Rat, inn run by a dwarf

Sheriff Kendall

Baldur

Baldur Stonebow Dwarf Ranger 5Baldur(3).jpg.a5cbe35aa8f560308a6e2bd9dfb1e0d6.jpg

"Alright then. Inn it is."

He turns to the barkeep.

"Which way would we find the Inn? I believe you called it the Flask and Rat. And if that place is not fit for staying, is there anywhere else in town that we might find a room?"

Once he has his answers he will work on gathering the group so they can head over to the Inn and see about getting a room or two for the night.

Mechanics

PC

Egg High Elf Cleric 5spacer.png

AC: 17 (breastplate, shield, dex) | HP: 38/38 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 17 
Spell Slots: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 2/2 | Spell Attack: +8 | Spell DC: 16 | DM Inspiration: 1/1
Eyes of the Night (Share): 1/1 | Channel Divinity: 1/1 | Channel Divinity (AotD): 1/1

Egg cannot say he enjoys the sandwich very much, but rationalizes that the occasional bland and unsatisfactory meal makes a great dinner all the sweeter. He's polite enough to say nothing, at least in front of the barkeep. Five silver lighter, Egg watches as the other patrons leave, a slight frown on his face. Just not his night apparently.

Luck is not on my side. A bad omen, perhaps?

"Thank you good sir." He slides an extra 5 silver tip to the man, both as tip for the food and for the information, perhaps a bit for his comment of driving his other customers away. "Some small food for thought as a gift. Like those of us employed, or even those rich, I have found beggars of all temperaments. Happy and angry, humble and arrogant, compassionate and cruel. It makes me ponder what then separates people if not coin? A good evening to you."

Content he's done his priestly duties and his responsibility as a mercenary, Egg is ready to leave with the others.

Mechanics

image.jpeg.6e2c0e136f0df5812ee99688a3dc909b.jpeg

CHAPTER ONE - BLOOD ON THE CROWN

After spending enough time to consume the food that they had ordered, and finding out that the Flask and Rat was the only inn in town. Our heroes departed and made their way a few blocks over to the establishment. The street outside was strewn with debris from an overturned cart that had seemingly been abandoned, the cart looked to have contained many animal hides, all looked to be deer, both forest and reindeer varieites. Neither of much value, anything of more value had probably already been taken by now.

The inn itself was a modest single story half-timbered building, with a recently repaired, reinforced wooden door and inside held a dirt floor covered in straw. Accommodations seemed to consist of several hammocks that were set up near the walls of the large common room while two large tables for customers were in the center. Seven of the hammocks were already occupied leaving five available. A single other patron, looked to be a young female halfling girl with uneven blonde hair and large hazel eyes. She wore modest garments that gave away that she was probably some sort of craftsman by trade.  She was sitting alone at a table with a cup of ale in front of her.

Behind the bar was a slender male dwarf, a simple sign read:

Vegetable Stew, Mug of Ale (3 cp)
Hammock (1 sp)
Floor (5 cp)

On This Kusha (Friday), the 30th Day of Camus (Autumn), in the 631st Year of the Age of Kings
9:04 pm

The 1st Day of the Campaign

Show Active Maps

Currently Not in Use!!

Show Bookkeeping

PASSIVE PERCEPTION

Egg 17 | Gwydion 17 | Baldur 15 | Kythera 14 | Yaldiled 13 | Skogrinn 12

INITIATIVE

Currently Not in Use!!

MECHANICS

Currently Not in Use!!

CONDITIONS

Currently Not in Use!!

DESCRIPTIONS

Currently Not in Use!!

BALDUR STONEBOW

Hit Points: 49/49 (RESIST:poison; ADVSAVTYPE: poisoned)
Spell Slots (+5, DC 13) *L

EGG

Hit Points: 38/38 (ADVSAVTYPE: charmed; IMMUNITIES: magic sleep)
Arcane Recovery: 1/1 *L
Cloak of Darkness: 1/1 *S/L
Shadow Shield: 1/1 *S/L
Spell Slots Cleric (+4, DC 12), Wizard (+8, DC 16) *L

GWYDION BLACK

Hit Points: 33/33 (Uncanny Dodge)

KYTHERA SYRAS

Hit Points: 29/29
Channel Divinity (AotD): 1/1 *L
Eyes of the Night: 1/1 *L

SKÓGRINN

Hit Points: 31/31 (ADVSAVTYPE: charmed; IMMUNE: magic sleep)
Fey Step: 3/3 *L
Pact of the Talisman: 3/3 *L
Tentacle of the Deep: 3/3 *L

• 1st Level: 2/2 (Sorcerer)
  • 2nd Level: 2/2 (Warlock)

YALDILED GURVYS

Hit Points: 38/38 (RESIST:cold; IMMUNE: disease)
Bardic Inspiration: 3/3 (d8) *L
Breath Weapon: 1/1 *S
Divine Sense: 4/4 *L
Lay on Hands: 20/20 *L
Spell Slots (+6, DC 14) *L

Baldur

Baldur walks into the Inn and glances around. He quietly speaks to the others.

"We are going to need to set watch throughout the night or we might end up waking up to find all our stuff gone."

He heads over towards the dwarf.

"Gonna need a hammock for the night."

He only asks for one because he is not going to assume the others want one. They might be happy sleeping on the floor and saving some money.

Mechanics

Yaldiled Gurvys Dragonborn Paladin 4/Bard 1

spacer.png

AC: 19 | HP: 38/38 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 13 | Spell Attack: +6 | Spell DC: 14 | DM Inspiration: 1/1
Cantrips; Vicous Mockery, Minor Illusion, Spare the Dying, Guidance
Memorized Spells;
Level 1 | ▣ ▣ ▣ ▢ | Ensnaring Strike, Wrathful Smite, Bless, Command, Purify Food and Drink, Dissonant Whispers, Earth Tremor, Thunderwave, Tasha's Hideous Laughter
Level 2 | ▣ ▢ |

Yaldiled pays the bartender, not wanting to press him on any of the points he raised, and instead goes to practice her drumming until they must leave. She'd find food some other time. Going with the others to the Inn, she looked at the room and muttered "As much as I would prefer to believe in the goodness of people's hearts, I must agree. I can take first watch, or last, depending on what is preferred?"

Mechanics

Main Hand: +1 Warhammer
Off Hand: Shield

PC

Egg High Elf Cleric 5spacer.png

AC: 17 (breastplate, shield, dex) | HP: 38/38 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 17 
Spell Slots: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3, 3rd 2/2 | Spell Attack: +8 | Spell DC: 16 | DM Inspiration: 1/1
Eyes of the Night (Share): 1/1 | Channel Divinity: 1/1 | Channel Divinity (AotD): 1/1

"Since I need less sleep, can take the last watch. For now, a good rest seems just in order." Egg looks at the hammocks both with amusement and concern. He can't help but notice a different young Halfling woman sitting the room. He looks to his companions before taking the initiative to move to her.

"Excuse me, miss? My name is Egg. Well, not my actual name, but everyone calls me that. Me and my companions are hoping to find someone who passed through. May I describe them and see if you've seen her? I'm happy to provide a few coins, or offer some simple priestly wisdom to make it worth your time."

The Elf is one to try to make himself out as harmless as possible, an attempt that sometimes goes too far, but other times pay off. He's also, as usual, fast with his own money, for him coin a simple medium to enjoy life instead of an end in and of itself.

Mechanics

Baldur

Baldur starts to head for the open hammocks when he notices Egg heading over to the halfling girl. Then a thought runs through his mind.

Byra!

He waits to see if she jumps or turns and the calling of the name. What a turn of luck it would be if they happened to stumble onto her sitting here and not have to go off a risk fighting a manticore.

Mechanics

PC

Kythera Syras "Ky" Human Cleric 1 / Wizard 4spacer.png

AC: 16 (chain shirt and shield) | HP: 29/29 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 14 | Features

Kythera walks with the others to the inn, glad that we aren't going to sleep in the woods and hopeful for some sort of bed. She's a little disappointed that there are only hammocks available, but she pays to rent the last five hammocks and one spot on the floor.

"How long has that halfling girl been here? Have you seen any others? We were hired in Onadbyr to find a missing girl. Maybe that's her, maybe it's not."

As she talks to the dwarf, she mostly keeps an eye on the girl to see how she reacts.

Mechanics

Notes

Byra, halfling daughter of Taem and Gyo

Willow Creek, built right into the side of a large hill it was, they were immediately accosted by a hoarde of beggars as they made their way into the village. They found the village to have no walls and no real militia that they could see. Prominent buildings were:

the Crossed Guard (blacksmith),

the Wise Owl (tavern): Lewis Pickerton (proprietor), Eldeth (dwarf on Inspiration Dust)

Roots and Hourglass (alchemist),

the Bearded Cabinet (general store),

the Temple of the Eternal Mother (church).

Flask and Rat, inn run by a dwarf

Sheriff Kendall

PC

Gwydion Black Human Rogue 5https://www.dandwiki.com/w/images/3/3a/Daring_swashbuckler.jpg

AC: 17 (Studded leather and dual wielding) | HP: 33/33 | Initiative: +5 | Passive Perception: 15 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Gwydion pounded the ale in his hand before leaving the tavern, not wanting to leave an almost full tankard behind. It's with a slightly unsteady wave to the barkeep that he follows the others, though by the time they reach the inn his head has cleared a bit.

"I'll watch for a couple of hours," he offers. "Whichever is needed, just wake me."

The others focus on the halfling girl, and Gwydion follows them. He seems amused by the possibility that this is their quarry. "Do you think it's her? Oh, that would be hilarious."

While attention is focused elsewhere, Gwydion wanders by the innkeeper and discretely flashes several hand signs at him, learned during his time as a thief and vagabond.

Mechanics

Edited by Past Imperfect (see edit history)