Ru'ath Firvanna - Shadow Touched Elven Rogue

MysteriousMiller

Too good an opportunity to miss!

I'm thinking Rogue (Spy)

Just need to decide on everything else...

As always I will look for inspiration in a portrait

image.png.c62821a25d3be42be9bbc7c492d5643a.png

I'll try a random generator for Height, weight etc.

Height: 4' 8" + 2" = 4' 10"

Weight: 90+(2×2)-14 = 80 lbs.

Trinket: 66 - a single caltrop made of bone

Ru's time in the Shadowrealm has caused Weight loss as well as other physical changes.

Spending:

general resources 91 gp, 8 sp, 2 cp

Howard's Handy Spice Pouch 100 gp

Remaining Coin: 408 gp 1 sp 8 cp

Edited by MysteriousMiller (see edit history)
Name
4d6+100 3,2,6,1
Height modifier
2d8 1,1
Weight modifier
1d4 2
Trinket
1d100 66
Weight loss
2d6+6 6,2

Ru'ath Firvanna

Shadow Touched Elf

image.png.14a2a15274b7cae12734513ac845aa0d.png

"If you watch, and you listen, all secrets will be revealed."

ROGUE 5 (Spy)

Medium, female, humanoid (Shadar-kai elf), neutral good

Armor Class 15

Hit Points 28 ( 5d8 + 0 )
Speed 30' ft.

Senses darkvision 60', passive perception 20'

Languages common, elvish, thieves' cant

Proficiency Bonus +3

ABILITIES & SKILLS 

Proficiency Bonus: +3

Strength 8 (-1)
Save -1
Athletics -1

Dexterity 16 (+3) 
Save +6
Acrobatics +3 | Sleight of Hand +9 (E) Stealth +9 (E)

Constitution 10 (+0)
Save +0
No skills associated.

Intelligence 12 (+1)
Save +4
Arcana +2 | History +1 | Investigation +7 (E) | Nature +1 | Religion +1

Wisdom 14 (+2)
Save +2 
Animal Handling +2 | Insight +5 | Medicine +2 | Perception +8 (E) | Survival +2

Charisma 16 (+3) 
Save +3
Deception +9 (E) | Intimidation +3 | Performance +3 Persuasion +6

(E) denotes expertise. / Bold denotes proficiency.

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES

PROFICIENCIES

• Tools Thieves' tools, Disguise kit
  • Instruments Lutes
  • Weapons Light weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortbows, shortswords
  • Armors Light

ROGUE CLASS ABILITIES
Sneak Attack (3d6) | Thieves' Cant | Expertise | Steady Aim | Cunning Action | Spycraft | Photographic Memory | Uncanny Dodge 

RACIAL TRAITS
Darkvision | Keen Senses | Fey Ancestry | Trance | Necrotic Resistance | Blessings of the Raven Queen

FEATS
Shadow Touched |

WEAPONS

WEAPONS

• Rapier +6 to hit for (1d8+3) piercing damage. | Finesse
  • Dagger +6 to hit for (1d4+3) piercing damage. | Finesse, light, thrown (20/60)
  • Shortbow +6 to hit for (1d6+3) piercing damage. | Ammunition, two-handed (80/320)

SPELLS

SPELL SLOTS none

• Spell Save DC: 14 | Spell Attack Mod: +6 | Spells Known: 

CANTRIPS

FIRST LEVEL

Disguise Self   (1 Free Use)

SECOND LEVEL

Invisibility  (1 Free Use)

(C) Denotes concentration. / (R) Denotes reaction spell. / (B) Denotes bonus action spell.

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBERANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBERANCE (66.48 lbs.)

• Weight: 54.08 lbs. / 120 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
  • Penalty: None

MONEY POUCH (1.48 lbs.)

Copper: 8 | Silver: 1 | Gold: 18 | Obsidian: 0 | Platinum: 47

(74 Coins x .02 lbs. = 1.48 lbs. Total Weight)

EQUIPEMENT READIED (34 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

• Armor (17 lbs.) Traveler's Clothes - 4 lbs. | Studded leather - 13 lbs.
  • Weapons (6 lbs.) Rapier - 2 lbs. | 2 Daggers - 2 lb. | Shortbow - 2 lbs.  
  • Readied Items (11 lbs.) Thieves' Tools - 1 lb. | Quiver of arrows - 1 lb. | Healer's Kit - 3 lbs. |  Bag of Caltrops - 2lbs. | Bag of 1000 Ball Bearings - 2 lbs. | Lute - 2 lbs. | Signal whistle | Single Bone Caltrop Necklace | Heward's Handy Spice Pouch

EQUIPMENT STORED (31 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Bag of Holding (15 lbs.) Mess Kit - 1 lbs. | (10) Sheets of Parchment | (2) Scroll Cases - 2 lbs. | Bottle of Ink | Ink Pen | Vial of Perfume | A Set of Costumes Clothes - 3 lbs. | Disguise Kit - 3 lbs. | Hooded Lantern - 1 lbs. | (2) Flask of Oil - 2 lbs. | (5) Sheets of Paper | Sealing Wax | Bedroll & Blanket - 10 lbs. | Waterskin - 5 lbs. | Chalk (5) | Steel mirror - 0.5 lbs. |10 feet of string | a bell | candles (5) | a crowbar - 5 lbs. | a hammer - 3 lbs. | pitons (10) - | 5 days rations - 10 lbs. | Tinderbox - 1 lb.
  • Strapped to pack (16 lbs.) Silk Rope & Grappling Hook - 9 lbs. |

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

• At Home  | nothing

MAGIC ITEMS

NON-ATTUNED

Bag of HoldingThis bag has an interior space considerably larger than its outside dimensions, roughly 2 feet in diameter at the mouth and 4 feet deep. The bag can hold up to 500 pounds, not exceeding a volume of 64 cubic feet. The bag weighs 15 pounds, regardless of its contents. Retrieving an item from the bag requires an action.

If the bag is overloaded, pierced, or torn, it ruptures and is destroyed, and its contents are scattered in the Astral Plane. If the bag is turned inside out, its contents spill forth, unharmed, but the bag must be put right before it can be used again. Breathing creatures inside the bag can survive up to a number of minutes equal to 10 divided by the number of creatures (minimum 1 minute), after which time they begin to suffocate.

Placing a bag of holding inside an extradimensional space created by a handy haversack, portable hole, or similar item instantly destroys both items and opens a gate to the Astral Plane. The gate originates where the one item was placed inside the other. Any creature within 10 feet of the gate is sucked through it to a random location on the Astral Plane. The gate then closes. The gate is one-way only and can't be reopened.

Heward's Handy Spice PouchThis belt pouch appears empty and has 10 charges. While holding the pouch, you can use an action to expend 1 of its charges, speak the name of any nonmagical food seasoning (such as salt, pepper, saffron, or cilantro), and remove a pinch of the desired seasoning from the pouch. A pinch is enough to season a single meal. The pouch regains 1d6 + 4 expended charges daily at dawn.

ATTUNED

none

APPEARANCE

Age 112 Height 4' 10" | Weight 80 lbs. | Hair Jet black| Eyes Ebony | Complexion Alabaster

At just under 5 feet tall and 80 lbs. Ru is a very slightly built figure...skinny is perhaps a better description of the elf, some would even say gaunt. She wasn't always this way, it's just one of the side effects of her time in the Shadowrealm.

During her "missing years" Ru lost her childhood, lost weight, lost the "bonny" complexion, lost her beautiful green irises, lost much of her sense of taste, lost most of her memories and emotions and even lost her shadow!

Nowadays she seems almost a washed out version of what she might have been. Jet black hair frames an ivory skinned face with high cheekbones and eyes with large black irises. Her body is lithe but there's little muscle and her skin is so pale that it's almost possible to see the veins within. The only colour seems to come from her striking red lipstick.

Her outfits match her appearance, black and gothic in style. Studded leather armour and a needle sharp rapier show the world that she's no shrinking wallflower and picks and tools hidden in her belt and her hair hint that she has a casual disregard for the rules. She carries her lute strung across her back and most of her travelling gear stuffed into a cavernous magical shoulder bag. On her belt she carries a mystical spice bag which she uses to flavour everything she eats and drinks.

At night, she struggles to find rest and only truly seems comfortable when holding a small bone caltrop that she wears on a thong around her neck. She was given it by....someone important she's sure, though she can't remember who!

She rarely ever laughs or gets angry and seems to have accepted that death is the inevitable end for us all.

However, she's doing all she can to fight her melancholy, and to find the feelings and memories that she's lost - travelling from tavern to tavern, from festival to festival, living life to its full and trying to squeeze the most out of every moment, always with a faint, wry smile on her brightly painted lips.

BACKGROUND

Travelling Entertainer
Source PHB (Customised)

Personality Traits:

• Whenever I come to a new place, I collect local news and gossip. Tell me about yourself...I'm a hell of a listener!
  • I'm always calm no matter what. I never raise my voice or let emotion control me.
  • I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home, always searching for what I feel I have lost.

Ideals: 

• People should be free to do as they please.
  • Death comes to everyone, so take as much pleasure as you can from every moment in life.
  • I help people who help me - that's what keeps us alive.

Bonds: 

• I owe a debt I can never repay to Grump, the firbolg who found me in the Blackwood and guided me back from the Shadowrealm.

Flaws: 

• I have a weakness for the food drink and intoxicants of this land...I'm constantly searching for those lost sensations.

Background Feature: Back By Popular Demand

You can always find a place to perform, usually in an inn or tavern but possibly with a circus, at a theater, or even in a noble's court. At such a place, you receive free lodging and food of a modest or comfortable standard (depending on the quality of the establishment), as long as you perform each night. In addition, your performance makes you something of a local figure. When strangers recognize you in a town where you have performed, they typically take a liking to you.

BACKSTORY

"I hurt myself today, to see if I still feel..."

Ru's childhood was fairly normal...right up until about the age of 10. She grew up in a small village on the edge of the forest north of Harveston, living in a tiny shack with her father - her mother having died during childbirth. While he toiled in the woods the young elf was looked after by the elders, playing and learning alongside the other children of the village. She loved to sing, to listen to stories and to play the lute. She was a happy, carefree child, full of joy and quick to laugh despite her family's meagre existence.

She was also highly inquisitive, a trait that came from her mother and made her father smile and frown in equal amounts. For, by the age of five, Ru simply would not stay where she was supposed to be. She was forever wandering off, chasing butterflies, hunting for frogs or playing her favourite game - Hide and Seek!

It was an extended version of this very game which caused the incident which would change her life forever. Ru danced away from the village, laughing as she ran to hide in the Blackwood where her father went to collect bark. She giggled as she moved from hiding place to hiding place, then as her attention wandered she saw a floating light in the woods. With the naivety and curiosity of the young, she followed it deeper and deeper into the forest. It seemed to be a lantern, carried aloft by a young girl who looked very much like Ru herself...if only she could catch up and get a better look! Just a little further and she'd be there...

She woke amidst the fallen leaves on the forest floor, a large but gentle hand shaking her shoulder. Dazed and confused she allowed herself to be guided through the misty, ethereal woodland by the huge Firbolg Ranger "Grump". What she failed to comprehend at the time was that he was guiding her not just back from the Blackwood, but back from the ShadowRealm, where she had wandered lost, not just for a few hours but for the best part of a century. Her time there had not just aged her, but changed her physically and mentally. Unsurprisingly, her skin had paled and her muscles had wasted away, but there were other stranger changes. Her irises were now jet black and her seemed to be missing! Emotionally she seemed "flat", even her sense of taste had dulled! Full of melancholy, the bright eyed, laughing little girl was long, long gone!

With Grump's help, Ru returned to her village, but her father and their home was gone and the people she did recognise treated her with suspicion. She felt she had lost so much her hope started to fade, but the wisdom and encouragement of her firbolg saviour spurred her on. If she couldn't find any joy here then she would travel the land until she did.

And so she roamed the Ulden Plains and Lowlands, finding work where she could as a busker and wandering minstrel. Wherever there was fun to be had, you would find the pale skinned elf with her wry smile. She would drink, smoke and take all manner of substances...just to try to rediscover that feeling of happiness. From the Cattlefest in Harveston to the Monastery of the Spirited Leaf and the Weary Ogre Restaurant she sought the joy and zest for life that she had lost in the ShadowRealm.

Her journey finally brought her to the Azure Bridge and to the sign that pointed the way to Onadbyr. Surely in the City of Adventure she would find the excitement that was missing from her life...wouldn't she?

• 2 weeks later...

PC

Ru'ath Firvanna Shadar-kai Rogue (Spy) 5image.png.86baeb98b59a566e6fec4d5c0ec59c06.png
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

AC: 15 (studded leather) | HP: 28/28 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 18 
Spells: Disguise Self 1/1, Invisibility 1/1 | Spell Attack: +6 | Spell DC: 14
DM Inspiration: 1/1

Post goes here.

"Speech"

thoughts in italics

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

• 7 months later...