Application OoC

Veradux

I was glancing over the house rules/races and was curious. Are you using PF2E race creation? Only ask because it's a PF1E advertisement from what I can see.
I just noticed the way you have racial listed, makes me think that. If I am wrong, sorry 🙂

Primary: Charisma
Secondary: Strength & Wisdom
Tertiary: Dexterity & Intelligence

1 hour ago, Steel Warrior said:

I was glancing over the house rules/races and was curious. Are you using PF2E race creation? Only ask because it's a PF1E advertisement from what I can see.
I just noticed the way you have racial listed, makes me think that. If I am wrong, sorry 🙂

Primary: Charisma
Secondary: Strength & Wisdom
Tertiary: Dexterity & Intelligence

It seems I missed a copy/paste. The rules were listed on the OG site. I’ve edited them into the thread.

Saltriders choose one Fighter Weapon Group except those with an emphasis on range. They treat all weapons in this group as one proficiency lower than typical.

Is the close weapon fighter group allowed for this? I initially interpreted no emphasis on range to mean not bow, crossbows, firearms or thrown, but just want to double check.

38 minutes ago, LDDragon said:

Saltriders choose one Fighter Weapon Group except those with an emphasis on range. They treat all weapons in this group as one proficiency lower than typical.

Is the close weapon fighter group allowed for this? I initially interpreted no emphasis on range to mean not bow, crossbows, firearms or thrown, but just want to double check.

This is correct. Most Saltriders are Rustelcan. They view ranged combatants - especially archers - as cowards.

1 hour ago, relekorlagunis said:

Am I correct that the racial abilities of the adjusted Core Races completely replace the standard abilities? So, for example, Elves and Orcs don't get their usual Weapon Familiarity trait?

Yes, total rewrite.

Oh my. Homebrew setting?

Yes please.

I am new to Baldr tho, but they juat switched the site over, and OG has a year to live. Learn or Die scenario. Hopefully its easy to pick up, though TBF, learning HTML for the old site is a big ask for any new player.

6 minutes ago, TheTalentedMrJ said:

Oh my. Homebrew setting?

Yes please.

I am new to Baldr tho, but they juat switched the site over, and OG has a year to live. Learn or Die scenario. Hopefully its easy to pick up, though TBF, learning HTML for the old site is a big ask for any new player.

Feel free to make an application, there’s plenty of time. I take all kinds, new and old.

3 minutes ago, TheTalentedMrJ said:

It may just be that I am perusing the content on my phone, but the quicklink you provided under Campaign Traits and Feats isnt working for me

I’m working to fix all the links. They’re still using the old site URLs. You can find the pages by navigating manually in the meantime.

I have a character concept I'd like to use for a grizzled old mercenary who uses a greatsword with one hand, as he's missing an arm. I wanted to use a bit of third-party material for this, namely the One Arm drawback from Rogue Genius Games and the Lighten Weapon feat from Kobold Press, but I only just noticed that Lighten Weapon requires a BAB of +3 and we would start at Level 2.

Would you consider allowing the use of the feat regardless, for the flavor of it?

2 hours ago, Sentient Bowtie said:

I have a character concept I'd like to use for a grizzled old mercenary who uses a greatsword with one hand, as he's missing an arm. I wanted to use a bit of third-party material for this, namely the One Arm drawback from Rogue Genius Games and the Lighten Weapon feat from Kobold Press, but I only just noticed that Lighten Weapon requires a BAB of +3 and we would start at Level 2.

Would you consider allowing the use of the feat regardless, for the flavor of it?

I am fine with the One Arm drawback, but the Lighten Weapon feat I'm getting a sense of "pandora's box" from. Or at least pandora's shoebox.

I will instead recommend one of the one/two martial/exotic weapons like the bastard sword, estoc, or dwarven war axe. There are a few racial proficiency options that would unlock using those one-handed as a martial weapon.