Root Tea Party Or OOC thread

igordragonian12

1 hour ago, igordragonian12 said:

I will do chronicles of the adventure both for fun and both for memory things.

Also still waitin' for replies!

Can we redact the -1 reputation damage to Riverfolk though? You said yourself they arent a militarized faction yet.

2 hours ago, Miltonian said:

I will admit I don't mind the -1 rep myself. This, uh, this was entirely Ripley's fault, and it should have some narrative consequences.

Well I think the narrative consequences for it could come later. If we are blaming the Woodland Alliance for this, one of the negative consequences would be the 3 bandits being expelled as vagabonds that we will have to face them later as ennemies sound actually like something likely to happen. And it would explain how the Woodland Alliance start to grow elsewhere then Honeywell.

EDIT: Dont forget to reply in the IC thread too :orcwink:

Edited by Emmerlaus (see edit history)

About consequences-

It's not a meat grinder RP.

Unless a player want this and the narrative is clearly leading there, death is unlikely.

It's more about how the vagabonds influence the world around them.

And for this situation, I think from the Riverfolk p.o.v it's a bit simple.

They have treated the wierd bunch for a meal, were ready to give a good deal, and they has led Shniff to an explosive end he has never returned from+very likely (Ripley has hinted of the usage of pewter as weapon) connected to the chaos that now is destroying the clearing and buisness.

Maybe legally they cant prove anything, but they dont have to.

Reputation can change also unfairly.

And it seems Miltonian accept this aspect of the game

And about bunch of NPCs- most of the game is about interacting with NPCs, those will just follow you around for now. I dont think it should be a big deal.

You will be able to do more stuff probably, but also get into more problems. Probably.

Aaah ok so we won’t roleplay the part about the Woodland Alliance being the source for the attack. Shame but understandable if you want to wrap things up. Slithers will learn the truth in a future adventure then.

Can we say we left a letter with the ottter money and belongings we grabbed at the doorstep of his family? One that that explains what happened from Slithers perspective (what he had been told)? I’m sure the otters family could project the blame on both Ripley and the Woodland Alliance this way.

This way, we can regroup next at the bank. Or if you want, Miss Rikki and Sarkan can do that while Slithers regroup with Hoops and the others? With Miss Rikki and her mangoose companion regrouping with us later? If we do it this way, no letter is needed.

EDIT: Or I can edit my last post if needed and just say it is a shame and we need to regroup, if that’s what you want.

5 hours ago, igordragonian12 said:

I dont think it is a guranteed-

Sandukan and Rikitikitavi would resist such a letter.. so it would be a thing that need to be roleplayed

Well I wouldn't mind to roleplay that. What about you guys? Would you mind if I took some time to roleplay that?

"turns to the other players"

Also, curious, why would they be against such letter? They would be afraid and too ashamed to face that otter family right? BUT... if I did it for them, Miss Rikki and Sandukan opinion of Slithers would improve right?

I dont want to impose though. But at least, I really would like the Otter belonging to the dead family before they get ransacked and stolen. If I can do that behind the scene, that's fine with me too. Or is there even important stuff on him or his destroy caravan to return to his family?

At this point, I do think we need to move towards regrouping. IC, Ripley does not know anything about the bank or the letter, though, so someone will have to tell him about that.

3 hours ago, Miltonian said:

At this point, I do think we need to move towards regrouping. IC, Ripley does not know anything about the bank or the letter, though, so someone will have to tell him about that.

I think Ripley kinda forgot about the dying otter though. He had ran into town to save him and then got sidetracked. I'm guessing it's an ADHD moment LOL 😜

We didnt even raid the Cat Magistrate house though! We still need to do that! The treasure inside would boost me and Hoop drive !! O_O

EDIT: I'll edit my message and roleplay it as that we need to find Ripley then and warn him he can stop searching for a doctor. Seem like a logical step to make and one that wont get us sidetracked. That will allow us to regroup... and raid the Cat Magistrate mansion together!

3 hours ago, Digodragon said:

*looks at the wolf pack*

*looks at the magistrate mansion*

Yeah I think this can work.

Oooh sounds like we are going to get some fried chicken Mcnuggets next with an Happy Meal for the free Treasure 😁

Posted (edited)

Next update mostly I'll introduce the captive bear cub..

abd then it up to you, if you want to do more things or just to get the heck and wrap the episode.

BTW. Have we followed of how much pewter Ripley still has?

Edited by igordragonian12 (see edit history)