Character Submission and Discussion [LPF]

FrancisJohn

4 hours ago, miteke_mw said:

I'm with Rudra. I would suggest you just include the math. As long as you have the math in place and can justify where your final numbers came from, I really don't see the point in showing the progression.

Having some basic progression is more for the player than the judges, honestly. Adding up skill points on the fly is not all that easy, especially if you want to be consistent. One doesn't have to show the entire progression to the judges, but having something worked up somewhere to use yourself makes life a lot easier.

Just realizing it doesn't look like the char rules now need judge approvals for level up any more, is that right? The GM of the game / other players do review at game start to make sure things look statted correctly? (Sorry, I think I internalized a lot of my memory of the old character approval system(s), and keep missing bits of the way things have evolved in the interim).

• 2 months later...

Whoever is interested in playing, please update your characters' status in the player tracker please. I've changed everyone's character status to retired. By the end of the month, January 31, whoever hasn't updated the sheet, I'll move over to the retired section.

• 3 months later...

I am needing to go back to the drawing board and figure out a 2nd character that is both viable and interesting. So far out of all the characters I have made and tried, only Thuvian has managed to be both. All the interesting characters fall flat on their face mechanically sooner rather than later, and with the mechanically viable ones I have not been able to really develop truly interesting and sustainable personalities. I don't really know what to do at this point. For all that PF has a lot of options, most of them just are not that good or sustainable in this kind of playing environment.

1 hour ago, sunshadow21 said:

I am needing to go back to the drawing board and figure out a 2nd character that is both viable and interesting. So far out of all the characters I have made and tried, only Thuvian has managed to be both. All the interesting characters fall flat on their face mechanically sooner rather than later, and with the mechanically viable ones I have not been able to really develop truly interesting and sustainable personalities. I don't really know what to do at this point. For all that PF has a lot of options, most of them just are not that good or sustainable in this kind of playing environment.

If you could have a 20th level character, what would it be? Then work backwards.

Or you can use the particular rules of living pathfinder to try something normally not available

Cant make a long lasting, mechanically good, character? dont

make one level 1 mechanically good character you'd like to try out, at level 2 if you got tired of it simply retire the character and make another, nothing say you cant make 10 different characters on your way to level 10 and that is something you cant do in normal games.

5 hours ago, hoverfrog said:

If you could have a 20th level character, what would it be? Then work backwards.

That doesn't work for me; I have tried. Most high level concepts don't actually achieve viability until levels 6 or 7. And most concepts that work well in early game fall flat about that same time. This doesn't bug some people, but it has come to irritate me.