OOC Thread: The Safe Harbor Inn

Morph3us

On 2/11/2024 at 11:05 PM, Morph3us said:

Right now my plan is to jump ahead to the party assuming no one bites on another lead. That at least narrows the scope and gets things moving.

I will go ahead with this now.

My assumptions are:

• Varrik and Nasri show up in disguises (with a Hat of Disguise for Nasri being easy to find and buy ahead of time).
    • Varrik plays music for a while then serves as gather information diplomat.
    • Nasri has a chance to mingle with knowledgeable spellcasters without getting condescended to as a goblin.
  • Ynessa shows up undisguised but presumably unworried about that.
  • Abrecan and Black show up undisguised which is a bolder move.
    • Suppose Vestrenna notices the undisguised pair. Then Varrik or someone could empathize with her concern to get some information out of her. Why are you worried about these people? Are they after you or someone else you know? Etc.
    • On 2/18/2024 at 4:46 PM, Morph3us said:

This gives me an idea for a more specific gambit the party could layer on top of mixed use of disguises. I don't mind sharing if it would help. It seems like the current situation is a bit too open-ended for the party.

Sorry for being less than helpful here, guys. I agree with the plan. Even with a hat of disguise, Abrecan would stand out, as his soscial skills are rubbish.

The alternative would be Abe and Black trying to get into Vestrenna's place while she's at the feast, but that means locating it first...
And there is a slight chance of them being arrested for it. On second thought, perhaps that is a bad idea. 😄

I agree they will find it highly amusing. And at least this time there is something for Abrecan to eat!

Unrelated:

The live game I have run for a long time should finish this summer. We are meeting twice a month and have approximately 10 sessions left at the pace they are progressing. I don't plan on running any new ones for quite a few years. This will be a long-term improvement to my posting ability.

Glad to hear it.

Since this is all just scene-setting I won't linger too long. But I will give Ynessa and Nasri a moment to establish their presence along with the rest who already did.

That is fine with me! In my last post I pointed out the group has a number of ways to earn incidental gold on days when they don't have more pressing concerns. 🙂

On 3/8/2024 at 6:38 PM, Steel Warrior said:

Plus we shouldn't be broke from the stuff we gathered in the cave.

Courtier’s outfit is 30gp though, 75 for a nobles one I suppose.

I think a courtier's outfit is closer to the refined sensibilities of this crowd rather than a noble's outfit, which is described as visibly, intentionally expensive.

On 3/8/2024 at 4:40 PM, Morph3us said:

Glad to hear it.

Since this is all just scene-setting I won't linger too long. But I will give Ynessa and Nasri a moment to establish their presence along with the rest who already did.

It's been a few weeks since I posted so I will try to update this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 11:21 AM, Morph3us said:

I agree they will find it highly amusing. And at least this time there is something for Abrecan to eat!

Unrelated:

The live game I have run for a long time should finish this summer. We are meeting twice a month and have approximately 10 sessions left at the pace they are progressing. I don't plan on running any new ones for quite a few years. This will be a long-term improvement to my posting ability.

Projected finish: August 3rd after accounting for some skipped meetings due to my calendar. Probably with some epilogue meeting after, but the time+energy sink will have ended.

Hope both are fun! And, thank you! I have been running one game or another almost continuously the whole time I have been doing this play by post. No longer having one will make me more available for this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 9:50 AM, Morph3us said:

Projected finish: August 3rd after accounting for some skipped meetings due to my calendar. Probably with some epilogue meeting after, but the time+energy sink will have ended.

Two sessions later and we are increasingly on track for this! In the short term my availability is getting crushed by a surge at work. But later in the summer I will get an indefinite improvement. Looking forward to no longer having to alternate between preparing for the live game and writing posts for MW.