OOC Thread: The Safe Harbor Inn

Morph3us

The twins are obviously plenty young enough that we didn't even have to do "fake midnight." But my wife sure wasn't going to stay up for the real one either after they went to bed. So, it was a pretty low-key event for us!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2024 at 1:34 AM, Lazeram said:

Abrecan is a bit disappointed to learn there is no feast yet. He could easily dismiss the weak elven wine, but he has heard their food is tasty.

I think Abrecan will be a bit happier about this situation when the party starts. 🙂

Nice. Nasri isn't going to show up to the party as Nasri because he's 100% sure that Hargreave at least described the party to Vestrenna when he came to the city, but he might show up disguised as a gnome or something if I can grab a hat of disguise and he'll recommend that no one else who Hargreave saw show up to the party looking like themselves. More likely he'll let their new elf party member who Hargreave has never met take the lead on chatting up Vestrenna...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, we gotta figure out what we want to do to shake out of these winter (if you're in the northern hemisphere) doldrums. I know a majority of us (self included) didn't make social characters, but we've got this elven gala coming up, so time to focus on that.

ETA: OR figure out what (if anything) is the deal with the local thieves' guild and if they're connected to Hargreave or if the gnome was just doing a simple off the books unrelated deal with them...

Edited by RedRajah (see edit history)

If you feel this change of pace is dragging on you do let me know. I figured this was winter holiday slowdown at first. But I don't want to mire you in a scenario you(r characters) aren't as interested in if it's not fun.

Right now my plan is to jump ahead to the party assuming no one bites on another lead. That at least narrows the scope and gets things moving.

Nasri is happy to go to the party (free food!) but will emphasize again to everyone that VESTRENNA HAS SEEN OUR FACES because she's the one who was scrying on us to check where we were going after the fight with Hargreave, so unless you're Ynessa (who I think was scouting ahead and is generally hard to spot anyway) please go in magical disguise. Nasri will buy a hat of disguise and pretend to be a halfling.

Ynessa: Her being an elf is kind of the point, plus it's unlikely Vestrenna even saw her.

Nasri: Buying a Hat of Disguise.

Varrik: Has Alter Self with plenty of duration and spell slots to play with.

That leaves Abrecan and Black though.

Abrecan would certainly get some looks as a dwarf at a party thrown by elves. 😁

This gives me an idea for a more specific gambit the party could layer on top of mixed use of disguises. I don't mind sharing if it would help. It seems like the current situation is a bit too open-ended for the party.

ร—
ร—