New Gal in Town

Meliora

35 minutes ago, Blue Firebird said:

To be fair, don't trust me, either. I'd try to rope you into an epic fantasy thing.

You mentioned commissions. Are you an artist?

<Sarcasm> Please, oh no, don't rope me into an epic fantasy game. <Sarcasm/> I would have so much fun. ;P

But that does actually sound fun! I trust this :p

I am an artist, yes! My current primary workload is dedicated to Troll Lord Games, the upcoming Codex Sinarum is the current thing on my plate. I've also done the world map for Wasted Lands. And am putting what free time I can into my own setting's art :)

Edited by Meliora (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Meliora said:

<Sarcasm> Please, oh no, don't rope me into an epic fantasy game. <Sarcasm/> I would have so much fun. ;P

But that does actually sound fun! I trust this :p

If you prefer low and dark fantasy, though, doing an epic high fantasy Breath of the Wild/Final Fantasy/Chrono Trigger kind of thing from humble beginnings to grand, sweeping adventures might not be to your taste? Though if it, you're always welcome!

am an artist, yes! My current primary workload is dedicated to Troll Lord Games, the upcoming Codex Sinarum is the current thing on my plate. I've also done the world map for Wasted Lands. And am putting what free time I can into my own setting's art :)

Oh, awesome! Do you have any examples of your work at hand? I'll check out what you've done. That's pretty cool. What are your favorite pieces?

I've written for various companies (not Troll Lord Games, though, alas!), and am currently working on a project of my own. Plus, always needing character commissions! ;) Careful, you might have stepped into a minefield here. (That is, you'll be fielding a lot of "Do mine! Mine next! Mine mine mine!")

23 minutes ago, Blue Firebird said:

If you prefer low and dark fantasy, though, doing an epic high fantasy Breath of the Wild/Final Fantasy/Chrono Trigger kind of thing from humble beginnings to grand, sweeping adventures might not be to your taste? Though if it, you're always welcome!

Oooooooo you had me SOLD at Breath of the Wild and Final Fantasy. Mmhmm that's GOOD stuff lol. I should add that my preference for dark fantasy does not mean I dislike epic fantasy at all :) I grew up with both. But like with ice cream, I enjoy one flavor more than the others and will eat whatever is in front of me 🤪

25 minutes ago, Blue Firebird said:

Oh, awesome! Do you have any examples of your work at hand? I'll check out what you've done. That's pretty cool. What are your favorite pieces?

I've written for various companies (not Troll Lord Games, though, alas!), and am currently working on a project of my own. Plus, always needing character commissions! ;) Careful, you might have stepped into a minefield here. (That is, you'll be fielding a lot of "Do mine! Mine next! Mine mine mine!")

I do have some examples yes, if you don't mind my posting links in this response :)

One of my personal favorites would be a fan art sketch I did of Deedlit (https://meliorahenning.com/portofolio/fantasy-art/) which just was one of the few times I finished a sketch and said to myself, "Yes, you done good this time." lol. Whereas with TLG work I *can* share the Berbalang and Basilisk (https://meliorahenning.com/fantasy-illustrations-1/) since those are not under an NDA / were shared on the weekly stream. I wish I could share more but that'll come soon enough :D

I'm always excited to chat with folks who have writing experience in the hobby! I would love to hear about some of your work and possibly bribe some tips and tricks out of ya :P

I'm all for being bombarded with commission work lol. I love seeing people get excited over a piece of art I've done; nothing better than a genuine smile among fellows :)

9 minutes ago, Meliora said:

Oooooooo you had me SOLD at Breath of the Wild and Final Fantasy. Mmhmm that's GOOD stuff lol. I should add that my preference for dark fantasy does not mean I dislike epic fantasy at all :) I grew up with both. But like with ice cream, I enjoy one flavor more than the others and will eat whatever is in front of me 🤪

Fair enough! Might I also recommend joining our Discord? Lots of great people there and always someone to talk to about fun gaming stuff, art, and all sorts of things. We're really like one big, crazy-ass family here.

As for me, yes, Final Fantasy is a huge inspiration. Big, sprawling worlds, larger-than-life characters, epic stories with real emotional investment...that's the good stuff!

10 minutes ago, Meliora said:

I do have some examples yes, if you don't mind my posting links in this response :)

One of my personal favorites would be a fan art sketch I did of Deedlit (https://meliorahenning.com/portofolio/fantasy-art/) which just was one of the few times I finished a sketch and said to myself, "Yes, you done good this time." lol. Whereas with TLG work I *can* share the Berbalang and Basilisk (https://meliorahenning.com/fantasy-illustrations-1/) since those are not under an NDA / were shared on the weekly stream. I wish I could share more but that'll come soon enough :D

I'm always excited to chat with folks who have writing experience in the hobby! I would love to hear about some of your work and possibly bribe some tips and tricks out of ya :P

I'm all for being bombarded with commission work lol. I love seeing people get excited over a piece of art I've done; nothing better than a genuine smile among fellows :)

Awesome! Your work is great. You're a fantastic artist. I'm glad that things are working out for you, and yes, of course, I'll share stories and what advice I have (of dubious nature though it might be) any time. If you join the Discord, feel free to DM me there or here for any questions you might have, as well.

5 minutes ago, Blue Firebird said:

Fair enough! Might I also recommend joining our Discord? Lots of great people there and always someone to talk to about fun gaming stuff, art, and all sorts of things. We're really like one big, crazy-ass family here.

As for me, yes, Final Fantasy is a huge inspiration. Big, sprawling worlds, larger-than-life characters, epic stories with real emotional investment...that's the good stuff!

Awesome! Your work is great. You're a fantastic artist. I'm glad that things are working out for you, and yes, of course, I'll share stories and what advice I have (of dubious nature though it might be) any time. If you join the Discord, feel free to DM me there or here for any questions you might have, as well.

I will absolutely join the discord. Which FF is your favorite tho? ;P

Thank you for all the wonderful convo, input, and heck the compliments too :D I love the energy here so I'll be looking forward to future chats and such :D

17 minutes ago, cailano said:

And apparently, for Troll Lord Games, too.

Yee :D I'll be running the TLG booth at GameHole Con in October wearing Dandelion's outfit from Witcher 3. So if you're around stop by and I'll give you a sketch and a fist bump :p

12 minutes ago, Meliora said:

I will absolutely join the discord. Which FF is your favorite tho? ;P

Thank you for all the wonderful convo, input, and heck the compliments too :D I love the energy here so I'll be looking forward to future chats and such :D

While Final Fantasy VI was my first love, FF7 will always be my truest. The Remake, especially, so far, has taken everything I love about it and turned it up to 11. I get legitimately emotional about the game, the story, the music, the characters, etc., lol. To me, only one game equals it, the other "greatest game of all time," and that's the inimitable Chrono Trigger. I do love FF6 still, though, and always will. I also enjoy many of the other games (FFX being a total gutpunch).

Yeah, we have a cool and crazy energy here. I've been here a long time and many of the people here are as true of friends as you could ever ask for, online or off. So, we're happy you joined the party!

19 minutes ago, Blue Firebird said:

While Final Fantasy VI was my first love, FF7 will always be my truest. The Remake, especially, so far, has taken everything I love about it and turned it up to 11. I get legitimately emotional about the game, the story, the music, the characters, etc., lol. To me, only one game equals it, the other "greatest game of all time," and that's the inimitable Chrono Trigger. I do love FF6 still, though, and always will. I also enjoy many of the other games (FFX being a total gutpunch).

Yeah, we have a cool and crazy energy here. I've been here a long time and many of the people here are as true of friends as you could ever ask for, online or off. So, we're happy you joined the party!

I figured FF7 would be the winner! I'll be digging into the remake for the first time over the winter. So I'm even more excited with your positive review :D I've heard wonderful things about Chrono Trigger - granted I'm a horrible gamer and have yet to play. One of these days xD

The energy is fantastic! I have fun into a little bit of an error with joining the discord. The link at the top of MW leads to an invalid link. While messaging Ishmael directly was not able to be delivered. I should have my discord verified and all that so. Interesting little road bump but not troublesome! :)

I totally didn't miss the big purple [join server button, nope, not me xD

Edited by Meliora (see edit history)

Claire's on the case! Er, just...I need a nap first. In a few hours, Claire is on the case! I mean, like, after dinner and stuff. And I'll probably watch something with dinner. So after that. Though it could be getting late....

Sometime in the indeterminate future, Claire is potentially on the case!

SQUEEEEEEEE yes you need to play the Remake. It's insanely good. Like, everything that was good is now better. And there is so much exciting stuff to talk to you about but I can't because of spoilers. That in itself is a spoiler: there are changes. Oh yes. That's all I can say!

If you like pixel graphics, Chrono Trigger is amazing. It really is heartfelt, it's got this incredible, sweeping story that transcends time itself, great music, great characters and art direction, and fun gameplay. It is absolutely a phenomenal game, a masterpiece that stands the test of time. Here's a favorite arrangement of a favorite song from the game, Corridors of Time. If this doesn't give you chills and send your imagination soaring, I don't know what will!

Corridors of Time (Chrono Resurrection OST)

1 minute ago, Blue Firebird said:

Claire's on the case! Er, just...I need a nap first. In a few hours, Claire is on the case! I mean, like, after dinner and stuff. And I'll probably watch something with dinner. So after that. Though it could be getting late....

Sometime in the indeterminate future, Claire is potentially on the case!

SQUEEEEEEEE yes you need to play the Remake. It's insanely good. Like, everything that was good is now better. And there is so much exciting stuff to talk to you about but I can't because of spoilers. That in itself is a spoiler: there are changes. Oh yes. That's all I can say!

If you like pixel graphics, Chrono Trigger is amazing. It really is heartfelt, it's got this incredible, sweeping story that transcends time itself, great music, great characters and art direction, and fun gameplay. It is absolutely a phenomenal game, a masterpiece that stands the test of time. Here's a favorite arrangement of a favorite song from the game, Corridors of Time. If this doesn't give you chills and send your imagination soaring, I don't know what will!

Corridors of Time (Chrono Resurrection OST)

No need! I figured it out.... I uh... I missed the big purple button that says join server at the top of the app xD Bwahahaha my girlfriend is gonna razz me for this, look me in the eyes and go, "Yes, users are stupid, that's you honey." In the most loving manner xD

Well I tell ya what, once I start digging into the game I will chat you up about it and we can nerd out like crazy :D

I love pixel graphics, yes! I grew up in the ol Super Nintendo days <old woman shaking her purse to the sky> That OST reminds me of the Legend of Mana music!!!!!! AHHHHH I need to play it now!!!!

7 minutes ago, Meliora said:

No need! I figured it out.... I uh... I missed the big purple button that says join server at the top of the app xD Bwahahaha my girlfriend is gonna razz me for this, look me in the eyes and go, "Yes, users are stupid, that's you honey." In the most loving manner xD

Ahaha! Bring her along if you think that she would like it. There's always room for more gamers here, and if she's not one, we can corrupt, er, convince her for you.

Well I tell ya what, once I start digging into the game I will chat you up about it and we can nerd out like crazy :D

Please do. We can fill volumes. Either game. They're both so great!

9 minutes ago, Meliora said:

I love pixel graphics, yes! I grew up in the ol Super Nintendo days <old woman shaking her purse to the sky> That OST reminds me of the Legend of Mana music!!!!!! AHHHHH I need to play it now!!!!

I did, too. So yes, please, play it! It's on Steam. So worth playing.