[OOC] Scenario 0: Black Training Ground

Brian Skies

This is the Black Team's OOC thread for Scenario 0: Black Training Ground.

The Black Team is comprised of the following members:

• Odira of Vogler (Cleric)
  • Mikel Palemane (Fighter)
  • Teeli Th'Underfoot (Rogue)
  • Moricarn Cursewielder (Wizard)

The team will need to determine turn order. You may do so in any manner you please, but if all else fails, there is always the option to roll for it.

I like the way the other team is doing it- in initiative order. Of course, we have pairs sharing initiative, so maybe alphabetical order within initiative unless someone feels strongly otherwise?

Moricarn Cursewielder +4

Teeli Th'Underfoot +4

Mikel Palemane +2

Odira of Vogler +2

Edited by RillaTaj (see edit history)

Before we can begin, your team needs to decide on one of the following pregame options:

• Fight Fires: Fires are raging on the right flank. If you want to help get the fires under control, remove 1 fire token from the right flank.
  • Send Reinforcements: Alliance forces face staunch opposition on the left flank. If you want to reinforce that flank, add 1 Alliance Foot unit to it.

Once that is settled, and you have decided on your turn order, I will draw/reveal an Event Card and the first player can begin taking their actions.

Note: The actual Fire Token is large enough to cover 3 Line Unit spaces. The Fire Token I've created is only large enough to cover one Line Unit space. For all intents and purposes, if you see Fire Tokens, they will come in as groups of 3, but be treated as a single Fire Token.

I would like to put in a vote for Send Reinforcements. If I understand correctly, the Right Flank will not be an issue until next turn cycle at the earliest, and the Left could use the help now. If that means we have two fires to put out instead of one next cycle, so be it. But I'm entirely willing to hear arguments otherwise :)

Also, I will share up front that I can help with WIS, CON, and at a stretch CHA things. I've got nothing to help with the Dexy boy in the Sacred Grove.

I will admit that pieces of this side game aren't quite seeping into my brain just yet, but after doing some limited reading into specific things... I can get on board with sending reinforcements as the primary pre-game option. I think I want the fires to be a non-issue, but I suspect they are going to be an ongoing one and if we can eliminate a threat we should.

On 8/28/2023 at 2:53 PM, RillaTaj said:

I like the way the other team is doing it- in initiative order. Of course, we have pairs sharing initiative, so maybe alphabetical order within initiative unless someone feels strongly otherwise?

Moricarn Cursewielder +4

Teeli Th'Underfoot +4

Mikel Palemane +2

Odira of Vogler +2

I believe we will go by RillaTaj's suggested turn order.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that Right Flank card effed our strategy a little (or at least mine).

So, if my understanding is correct, at least three of our actions (no matter who does them) need to be: Putting out Fire 1, Putting out Fire 2, and Refreshing Commander Raven before battle starts.

I can do two of the three on my turn if necessary if no one gets to them by then -not to glory-hog, but just as a reassurance in case other folks have other stuff they want to do- and probably should move left and handle Raven unless one of you also has WIS mastered. My class and ability cards are best used on the Right Flank tile right now, so I'll probably be moving left regardless unless something changes by then. Maybe I (or another WIS kid) should activate the Command Tent tile's ability too?

Also thinking someone (preferably with Dex mastered) should move right to take on the Vile Champion in the Sacred Glade and get that flag before we range much further left.

Any volunteers? Any thoughts/intentions for your characters?

I believe I can be of assistance on the Putting out Fire regime. Either 1 or 2 actions used there. I think it might be best if I remain on that Tile until the end of the round, so that I can be around for the Combat Phase. If someone can somehow take care of the Glade enemy and also end up in Right Flank, I can potentially lower their stress so they can use the Respite phase to redraw cards instead of dealing with stress levels.

I'm looking to go after that Merc group in round 2, if things shake out.

EDIT: Ending in the Right Flank tile will not get anyone a Respite Phase. I misread that earlier and I think I'm seeing it more clear now.

Edited by Basil_Bottletop (see edit history)