Hello All

phirron

I have been using this site for a while now, off and on, for character sheets but as of late I have found myself without any games to play. I am curious to try some forum/play-by-post games to possibly join if I can. I mostly prefer high magic with a good mix of both combat and roleplay, though if I were pressed to joined a game that focused on one over the other I would have to choose roleplay as my preferred style. In other words I am hoping to find a longterm game that is somewhere in the range of 75/25 to 50/50 roleplay to combat ratio. Also I am not a beginner player by any means, however I don't know rp systems by heart either.

While I am not opposed to learning a new rp system I am most familiar with Pathfinder 1e. Before I migrated to that system I

did a couple games in D&D 3.5e and would love to go back and mess with that system again if given the chance. Lastly I am decently knowledgeable of D&D 5e as well but would much prefer both of the formerly mentioned systems instead. As far as systems I don't know well that I would be interested in trying out my focus once again goes to Paizo in the form of Pathfinder 2e and Starfinder. Both seem interesting to at least play a game or two in to see how I win up liking/not liking them. Additionally I hace pretty much only played in homebrew games in the past and really love them but would be interested in trying out an official adventure paths or series of modules too.

My typical character/play style tends to be neutral good, chaotic good, and neutral chaotic in alignment and weird/interesting race/class combinations. Essentially I go for what I find to be an interesting concept whether it make for a "good (interms of stats/Skill/abilities)" character or not. One example I was able to play in the past was a Dhampir Empyreal Knight Paladin in a Pathfinder 1e homebrew game.

Not sure what else to say so I will leave it at that for now. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have and I will likely answer. I am a pretty open book and don't mind answering most any question I can, within reason.

Hi there! Diving into the full-on gaming part of the site is a great idea. There are lots of great games here, especially Pathfinder, but you'll also find lots of 3.5 fans and other games, too. You might consider joining the site Discord for a chance to connect with the community directly; lots of friendly and enthusiastic gamers to be found here! Lots of us love to delve into character and deep roleplay, and if you just wanna roll some dice, feel free to do that, too.

The staff are all friendly, if totally crazy, and you are welcome to ask us questions any time. My recommendation is to get to know people, try to join some games, build some groups, and you'll be able to have lots of fun here.

Welcome to Myth Weavers! You couldn't have picked a more exciting time to enter the community as we pick up steam on some more changes, options, and developments that make the best gaming site even better.

-Claire

16 hours ago, phirron said:

I have been using this site for a while now, off and on, for character sheets but as of late I have found myself without any games to play. I am curious to try some forum/play-by-post games to possibly join if I can. I mostly prefer high magic with a good mix of both combat and roleplay, though if I were pressed to joined a game that focused on one over the other I would have to choose roleplay as my preferred style. In other words I am hoping to find a longterm game that is somewhere in the range of 75/25 to 50/50 roleplay to combat ratio. Also I am not a beginner player by any means, however I don't know rp systems by heart either.

Not sure what else to say so I will leave it at that for now. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have and I will likely answer. I am a pretty open book and don't mind answering most any question I can, within reason.

Welcome to the Weave, phirron! A lot of folks were introduced to the site for sheets only, but many of us opted to stick around for the PbP as well.

Anyhow, in case you haven't seen it yet, here's a link to our Baldr User Guide, which contains several handy links that you will likely find useful. We do things a touch differently than some other sites, where we have game ads posted and prospective players apply. You'll want to swing over by our Game Ads section to check that out! Every GM does it a little differently, so check the campaign info and forum for the exact details.

We support a very wide variety of systems here, ranging from good ol D&D (of all editions) to Pathfinder to Shadowrun to Fate to PbtA to OSR to, well, I don't think there's a system we don't support or have players for. So if you spot something outside of your norm that catches your attention - go ahead and apply for it anyways. There is much to be gained by going outside of the box, after all.

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel, especially if you have questions. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly 😂

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki