Argos OOC (Tolliver, Park, Atus, Tharr)

Morkskittar

Ship Name  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite ship name (pulled from your suggestions). If you don't like any, suggest an alternative in the comments.

• Pacemaker
    • Rip and Saber
    • Argos
    • Skull Splitter
    • Barberry

On 11/26/2023 at 12:50 AM, Morkskittar said:

Sorry for my relative absence; Turkeyday and relatives took over my life very suddenly and unexpectedly.

Park can take a Hunt + Tides (Cut 1) to try and identify it before firing a warning shot; the cut of 1 (the highest die) is simply because this beastie is not one most surface-level dwellers would have encountered. ;)

Sorry for not being specific, I was meaning the boat coming at the Argos. But depending of the result, if he can presume the boat is not immediately dangerous, he could aim for the monster.

Edited by yxanthymir (see edit history)

Sorry for the delayed posting and absence for the last little bit. Holiday season is always difficult, and to add to it, I was in a car accident on Friday evening. Thankfully, no one was hurt, but my car is totaled, so I'll have to see about getting a new one once insurance stuff gets figured out.

Nearer the wreck, Tharr pushed as hard as he could, unleashing his inner power in two forms: through his interface with the engine and through his left palm. As the ship picked up incredible speed (nearly bowling Tharr from his feet), Atus steered it over a bump in the waves, and Biff shot up into the air, arcing over the saltspider webbing. The pair were weightless for a moment, and Atus shouted, lightning shooting from his left hand into the green waves in the direction the roar had come from. The two downed outrider-riders watched him in wonder as everything was lit up for an instant...

...and then they were back on the leafy waves, speeding towards the outrider threatening the Argos.

I think Mork narfed this and that first Tharr in the paragraph is meant to be Atus :) I will proceed as such.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking cinematically, I have two ideas. I mention it here before posting because Atus' crazy shouldn't impact everyone.

1) There is a big, stationary, METAL ship that Cuda has attacked before, and Atus and Argos can turn that ship into a giant taser. Here Cuda, Cuda, Cuda... tzzzzzzzz. Lure and zap/harpoon/cannon/arrows.

2) Atus can get to the other ship and use his lightning to amp up the engines and try to get the ship free.

I think number two is my favourite. But for me that would mean Atus would throw Tharr off Biff and haul ass to the other ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, so Atus is already way past the two crewmen who were thrown off their outrider?

I was thinking I might collect them:-

a) so when Atus approaches the other ship there is no.... "You left our shipmates to die out there Tempest scum.", and...

b) Cuda isn't distracted from the very important task of death by harpoon, cannonball and lightning.

But, if Biff the skiff is that fast when Atus is juicing the saws ... there is perhaps something else to do.

I'll write up a post... but @Morkskittar if you want to nerf it so Atus picks up the wavewalking crew members as he heads towards the Firefly to do the things, I am okay with that.

Biff is a small(ish) ship, so Atus' ability has more of a narrative impact on its engines compared to a full-sized ship. You can definitely pick them up quickly on the way to the ship... assuming they'll actually feel comfortable hopping on. :P Negotiating with them to convince them you are a friend might slow you down a bit, but they can also wavewalk to where they need to go if Atus wants to focus on getting to the wreck. I'm happy to leave that decision up to Atus.

@Morkskittar There's a line where you have Tharr piloting the skiff.

For everyone else, Tharr can possibly called shot the harpoon free, but I feel like we're better off just piling damage onto this thing. Also, Tharr is Called Shot master, so as long as the dice sort of cooperate, he can probably take a chunk out. Preferences?