Argos OOC (Tolliver, Park, Atus, Tharr)

Morkskittar

Ship Name  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite ship name (pulled from your suggestions). If you don't like any, suggest an alternative in the comments.

• Pacemaker
    • Rip and Saber
    • Argos
    • Skull Splitter
    • Barberry

23 minutes ago, Dr Jackal said:

@Morkskittar There's a line where you have Tharr piloting the skiff.

For everyone else, Tharr can possibly called shot the harpoon free, but I feel like we're better off just piling damage onto this thing. Also, Tharr is Called Shot master, so as long as the dice sort of cooperate, he can probably take a chunk out. Preferences?

I think I need a little more information before I post.... (that said, an epic post just popped into my head when I read Mork's response - This may be because I am channelling Atus hard, having had 5 hours sleep in the last 72 hours.... maybe the lack of sleep is what makes him crazy??)

Atus is not positioned where I thought he would be. (I thought Atus would be top leftish once he landed. In my post I said he drove up the ridge behind the Argos) Biff got some serious air and I love the image of him vaulting over both the Argos and the leviathan like a crazy desgraçado.

Question time.

1) Which way is Cuda facing? Cuda breathed on Atus with his spirit loogies, then swatted Needle, did he turn? Is he facing Atus? (allowing Park and Tolliver to peg dat Cudatail?) Is he facing the Argos, (allowing Atus pegging rights?) Is Cuda prophetically thinking to himself "This crazy Tempest is about to shove a sawprow up my nethers?" Curious minds need to know.

2) I am trying to understand the aspect damage thing. If I have it correct, we've done 4 damage to Cuda so far and 7 more successful hits puts all aspects onto zero... (does that Kill him?). But Mork said that he looks kinda "shellshocked" . I know we hurt him, but he hasn't run yet, so I'm thinking we have to smoke dat lizard.

3) If the Argos can still turn... can Tolliver lock the wheel and man the broadside cannons or do something else epic and long range?

4) How damaged is Atus? 1 more hit and I roll a new character? You said the toxin in Cuda's breath targets the soul and Atus is covered in it. Does the toxin last more than 1 round? Is Atus already a goner? Does Atus already THINK he's a goner and decide to wreck dat lizard's bunghole with a sawprow????

Assuming 7 hits is the death number.... Tharr for 1 (Does his toxin damage last more than 1 round?), Park for 1 (or 2 if he dual wields the prayer idol??), Tolliver for 1? (Although I am guessing, there are two cannons on each side of the Argos, is that 2 hits? Can Tolliver do something else for another hit?) Atus for 1 (or two if Biff does pegging damage with the sawprow and then a prostate zap?)

Tharr 1 (2)

Park 1 (2)

Tolliver 1 (2) (3?)

Atus 1 (2)

Yeah Jackal, I'm with you, let's dogpile this fool hard. If the dice gods are good we can be enjoying cudaburgers for breakfast.

Posted (edited)

Happy to answer any and all questions!

1). My own theater of the mind has the Cuda facing roughly in the direction where Needle used to be, so generally looking in Tharr's direction (though not having spotted him; maybe looking about halfway between Tharr and the fallen harpooner on the map), making both Biff/Atus and Argos/Park able to peg him with a little adjustment.

2). The aspect damage thing is like a health bar. Your characters all have six aspects (that you chose at the start), and when your character takes damage, it marks a box on an aspect. When an aspect is all checked off, you no longer get to use the abilities associated with that aspect until you heal. The same applies to the Cuda; if you reduce the claws to zero, it can't use them anymore. If you reduce the tail to zero, it can't use it. If you reduce the saltmaw to zero, it can't bite or spit. If you reduce all three of them to zero, then the Cuda will be dead/taken out of commission enough that you can have burgers. :) Seven damage would be the number to do that. The toxin damage will continue to have effects in subsequent rounds (assuming it lasts long enough :P); I'll be making a roll to see if it just hampers the Cuda, or if it does additional damage.

3). Yes, Tolliver absolutely can do that. :P

4). Your characters are generally safe in the Wildsea unless you want them to die; it's baked into the premise that characters won't due unless you want them to, so Atus still has a long way to go before they would be taken out of commission (all of Atus' aspects would need to be checked off). Atus has only suffered 1 damage, but is experiencing out-of-body sensory issues as a result of the nature of the attack; it's not a near-death thing so much as a very disorienting thing. Another hit will probably just increase Atus' dissociation further and potentially provide new roleplaying opportunities, not death. :)

Edited by Morkskittar (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Moveslikejagger said:

too much crazy?

I am the wrong person to ask. :P I will generally roll with whatever level of crazy the players want.

That being said, it won't necessarily end well for the character, but it will end interestingly.

Also, Tolliver's swing is fine; very graceful. :)

Edited by Morkskittar (see edit history)

6 hours ago, yxanthymir said:

Computer completely busted this weekend. And I will have to send it to repairs.

I'm sorry to hear that! I hope it gets well soon. I can put Park on autopilot until repaired if you need it.

On 1/9/2024 at 8:05 PM, Morkskittar said:

I'm sorry to hear that! I hope it gets well soon. I can put Park on autopilot until repaired if you need it.

Do it. It will take at least one more week.

So with the Firefly Captain knocked out, and most of the crew hiding inside away from the Cuda, the only witnesses were the two crew of the other outrider who are wavewalking at present, correct?

We should pick them and the Argent Captain up, but Biff can only carry four, so with your permission @Dr Jackal, Atus will ask Tharr to hop back aboard the Argos and my post will assume he does before he rescues them.

• 2 weeks later...