Argos OOC (Tolliver, Park, Atus, Tharr)

Morkskittar

Ship Name  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite ship name (pulled from your suggestions). If you don't like any, suggest an alternative in the comments.

• Pacemaker
    • Rip and Saber
    • Argos
    • Skull Splitter
    • Barberry

Writing the song was fun. I know this might be the three glasses of wine talking, but @Morkskittar the idea of battle rapping against a siren Manticore bloom seems so epic right now. I'm easily amused. I hope @yxanthymir, @CraterShip, and @Dr Jackal are amused too and willing to play along with my insanity.

Would you all care to continue the battle rapping madness? If we RP this out and skirt the Manticore field (with Manti keeping pace with the Argos), would that keep us on track schedule?

I'm always down for rapping battles. :P

A surprising amount of my games end up containing one.

You'll lose a little time skirting the Manticore Grove, but time isn't super essential... yet. :P

I'll give others a time to react to Atus' dope rhymes before updating with a response. ;)

YAY for rap battles!

Apologies for the tardiness of posting - work has been entirely too busy recently. Putting together reply now - figured I'd go along with the "transfixed by siren flowers" take.

Posted (edited)

No worries, it happens to all of us.

But rap battles have consequences. :P

Though not a rap, I did appreciate the opportunity to do something with the NieR: Automata soundtrack that has been living rent-free in my head. The song I linked is the melody I had in mind when imagining the singing voices.

Edited by Morkskittar (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

No rush or worries. :)

To answer your question, Atus did not sense anything ghostly, spectral, or particularly spirit-heavy; while their might be some sort of connective mind at work here, it is primarily biologically based and not ghostly; at least, it is not ghostly enough that Atus could commune with it as a ghostheart.

Update coming Monday on what Tharr has done to Tolliver. :P

If anyone (other than Atus) wants to claim the helm for the next stage, speak now!

So Atus cannot stay at helm, so he's going to his workshop to be creative.

Not sure what to roll. He is going to try and create some gas masks. I though about an actual oxygen supply tank, but thinking a really efficient filter type mask would be easier.

Atus will swing by all the rest of the crew to take measurements, muttering to himself all the while.

"Analyze Manticore Bloom Sample (Optional, Park): Take a Harvest + Tides test and consume one of your two samples to try and understand what this flower is. You can also take a Cook + Tides instead, to gain a different type of knowledge about the flower. This will also start a longer-term project in the form of a track that can be filled to find a cure. :)"

Is it possible to do both at this journey?

Posted (edited)

Sorry all, work this week took everything out of me by the time update/evening time rolled around.

@yxanthymir: Alas, just one type of test for now. This will start a track, and you can take the other test the next time you try to fill it.

@Moveslikejagger: A Rattle test, either with Instinct (for a more subtle approach) or Iron (for a brute-force approach) will be sufficient. :)

@CraterShip: Special powers? Not quite yet. Will you begin to get strange insights and new abilities if you let the infestation grow without picking at it? Absolutely. Will it be a trade-off/difficult for Tolliver to let happen? Quite possibly. :)

I know Tharr's been busy IRL, so I'll update tomorrow or Tuesday depending on my evenings. :)

Sorry for my delay, but update will likely be tomorrow; work has run me ragged these last two days and I want to make sure I give your update justice, as without any other guidance from Tharr at the helm, I'll be forging you ahead away from the scary mindflowers and directly to Angler's Spire.