Completely new to PBP :)

Spooky_Wiz

Hello everyone!

I'm Andy/Spooky/Spooks, a 26 year old they/he lifelong GM. I have about 16 years of experience, 99% of it as a GM but I've never tried PBP so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I have varying experience with most of the big ones (D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Year Zero engine games, WoD games, Cyberpunk, etc.) but the last 3 years have been almost exclusively OSR with a bit of indie games/zines on itch.io. My recent fixation has been 'There And Back Again' by Ray Otus. I'm looking to play anything, but preferrably super light systems (lighter than Basic Roleplaying hehehe).

Nice to meet you all! What are your favorite PBP systems?

Glad to have you, and we have a healthy OSR community here! There has been some strong movement within the OSR community towards Kevin Crawford's "___ Without Numbers" series of rules sets. In the Cyberpunk vein, there's actually one recruiting now with the Cities Without Number set. Though, much like anywhere else, there are more players than there are DMs. You may find yourself needing to run games here too :D

Thank you for the warm welcome :D

Crawford's stuff is really solid and I'm excited to dive into the new book. I'd also love to try my hand at GMing PBP some day but I definitely want to get a feel for how it all works and plays first. I'll be lurking for a bit and reading other's shenanigans haha