Now Recruiting: Avernus Rising (Season 9) [FULL]

Gregorotto

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Music

DDAL09-01 Description: Damnation! The entire holy city of Elturel—along with its denizens—have been drawn into Avernus, the first layer of the Nine Hells! While those fortunate enough to have been outside of the city’s walls have been spared that fate, they’re not yet out of danger! The refugees formed a caravan bound for the nearby city of Baldur’s Gate. Can you keep them safe from devils, bandits, and one another until they reach safety?

New Charactres

If you're making a new character, welcome aboard! Look at the section below and begin making a level 1 character at your leisure. Make your character according to the rules outlined in the latest Player's Guide for AL.

Pre-Existing Characters

If you're bringing in an established character you've played before, excellent! We're going to be going through the adventure chronologically and beginning with an adventure that's optimized APL 1, in Tier 1, so make sure you have a character suitable for Tier 1 play whether they're level 1 or not. Make sure your character is legal according to the latest Player's Guide specifications and feel free to provide any log sheets so I can see your story rewards and progress from previous stuff, including items/inventory and what have you.

Interested? Let's Talk!

Recruitment is first-come, first-serve, which is a new concept for me, but I'm open to new ideas and new players. If you want to check out the game forum as I've currently set it up, click here. No one will be allowed to join until I invite them. We will utilize a Discord for OOC chatter and camaraderie, but this is optional.

Comment here and we'll get the ball rolling. If you've got questions, comments, or critiques, I'm all ears and maybe also eyes because PbP is a visual medium.

To join, comment below with a basic character concept so other people know where your head is. Don't worry about party balance... well, not too much. Play what you want to run!

Edited by Gregorotto (see edit history)

I'll throw my hat in! I'm new to AL, so I'd be making a new character.

Name: Garzil
Race: Tiefling (Glasya)
Class: Wizard
Background: Urchin
 - Background Feat: Skilled
Alignment: True Neutral
Deity: Oghma

Str: 8 (-1) - 8
Dex: 16 (+3) - 15 + 1
Con: 13 (+1) - 13
Int: 16 (+3) - 14 + 2
Wis: 12 (+1) - 12
Cha: 10 (+0) - 10

Skills: Acrobatics +5, Arcana +5, History +5, Investigation +5, Religion +5, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +5
Tool Proficiencies: Thieves' Tools, Disguise Kit

Cantrips: Minor Illusion (racial), Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Thunderclap
Spells Known: Chromatic Orb, Find Familiar, Frost Fingers, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Shield

Edited by Kavonde (see edit history)

Name: Grug
Race: Goliath
Class: Barbarian
Background: Outsider
 - Background Feat: Wanderer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Str: 16
Dex: 13
Con: 16
Int: 8
Wis: 10
Cha: 12

Skills: Athletics +5, Perception +2, Survival +2
Tool Proficiencies: Lute

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2836144

13 hours ago, omegoku said:

I am playing in a few games as part of AL (six or seven at least) so I will give others a chance to apply. But it is great to see new games and new DMs appearing!

Thanks for running the game @gregorotto!

Happy to join! Seems like a fun community.

We have 4 3 spots filled, I'm aiming for 6 but will settle for 5. First come, first serve, as mentioned above!

Edited by Gregorotto (see edit history)

I'm tempted as well. Never done AL before, just looked up the restrictions.

Thinking of either a rogue or ranger...

actually an elven rogue, realised I can't get the thrown weapons working in AL

Does AL have the move your ability boosts around feature or not?

nevermind I've just seen the new players guide which answers my question, I was reading an old one for avernus rising specifically.

Which also means I possibly could have gone the ranger route with thrown weapons, but I've mentally fleshed out the rogue now.

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)