Chapter 2: The Village of Barovia

Gregorotto

Quick Stats

Sulimann.png.07baf15c9c03c015ef32d0ddf8a8e3f7.pngHP:   24/24

AC:   15

Init:  -1

PP:   13

Spell Slots: L1 - 4/4; L2 - 2/2

Spells: Heroism [D], Sanctuary [D], Aid [D], Warding Bond [D], Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Protection from Good/Evil, Shield of Faith, Calm Emotions, Prayer of Healing

Conditions:

Let the Wrong One in

Having avoided the Vine and thus not being privy to this Ismark and his conversation with Joliet, Sulimann remains silent throughout the introductions. There is a smirk at the lack of brevity and focus on ways they might circumvent an invitation, none of which seem like particularly good ways to put their host at ease, but the hunter has a way with words that he finds amusing. The whispering and turned head indicates another presence inside, and that unknown element does cause the weight of the chain wrapped around his arm to register in the back of his mind. The events that have led up to this point, with all the scattered signs of struggle around them, are what mostly claim his thoughts however. It is a thing he very much wants to discuss, but doing so inside the home seems best.

"We are likely better company than whatever has been putting scratches all over your windows here."

OOC Info

Hey, player 6 has joined the game! Love it.

Giselle Kelyre, "the Drowned"    (Half-Elven Paladin of Conquest 3)Giselle

AC: 18 |  HP: 21/21 |  Passive Perception: 11 | Features | Conditions: None

Spells: ○ ○ ○ (1st) Lay On Hands: 15 / 15

The mists closed in, wreathing Giselle raven-dark hair in dewdrops. The water clung to her lashes and lips, making them purple with cold. She shivered and shook her head. Am I seeing things? I could have sworn the burgomaster's son came with us. I'm sure he was right here a minute ago.

It was but a shadow, and I know shadows. This land, it's seeking to divide us. To make us doubt each other. To make us doubt ourselves. I will not let it.

She spoke up, with a clear voice and smoldering eyes. "I am indeed Giselle the Drowned, and we are here to help. However we can."

Mechanics

Action:

Bonus Action:

Move Action: 

Item Interaction:

spacer.pngTamu Zidon

checked-shield.svgAC: 13 | health-normal.svg HP: 21/21 | awareness.svg PP: 15 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Elvish, Infernal

Spell Slots: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Current Conditions: None

Tamu exchanged looks with her hostess. She pursed her lips and then gave a shrug.

"A group from Daggerford was sent out by the Duchess Morwen - she's the current leader of the city - to oust a band of vagabonds from the area. If that was this lot's original charge, then I can presume they are the same folk your brother ran into." Tamu gave another shrug. "We should try to trust someone."

Inwardly, Tamu was tense with anticipation. If this indeed was the same cadre of mercenaries that had been sent out by the Duchess Daggerford, then her father would be among them. She found her fingers tensing around the hilt of her blade - though she then noticed a distinct lack of intensity from the ever-present voices around her, particularly Nuzha. Tamu would have expected her sister to be buzzing with eagerness but she was not.

This is what you wanted, wasn't it? Why are you suddenly so quiet? You can't change your mind on me now - or...or do you know something that I don't?

Posted (edited)

Ireena listens dutifully, nodding at each new name. "Those are most of the names he mentioned... I think. Your people are strangely forward, and they mention the Vistani bringing them here. That the Vistani would even do such a thing... nefarious things are afoot. That everyone was as trustworthy as you, Tamu. But come: we will play your game." She grins, and then speaks through the door back at Joliet and Bram, Sulimann and Tamu. She follows Tamu's lead with the leadership question. "Come, tell me: who is in charge in Daggerford?"

A small crack of thunder somewhere in the distance invites concern that things may go from bad to worse weather-wise, but at least here on the Burgomaster's patio, there is little to fear in terms of rain.

Upstairs, Ireena and Tamu hear sign that Ismark is rousing. The younger sister grins. "Might as well surprise him, provided these brigands are who they say they are. Otherwise, you might want to get that rapier and drum of yours."

Edited by Gregorotto (see edit history)

Dynaheir-Minscthara-02-375x500DYNAHEIR | HP 32/32 | AC 15 | Initiative +2 | Passive Perception 12 | Rages Remaining 3

"Duchess--" Dyna responds confidently, right up until she realizes that she only remembers the woman's title, not her name. "... It started with an 'M,' I think. A 'Muh' sound. Muh...ren? Duchess Muren? Does this sound correct?" She looks at her companions helplessly.

"I know it has only been two days, but it feels like it has been more than a year," she complains. "Mur... Mor... Morwan? Morwoe? Morwen!" she suddenly exclaims. "Duchess Morwen! Yes? She was very concerned about Vistani hygiene, as I recall. Or something to this effect."

spacer.pngTamu Zidon

checked-shield.svgAC: 13 | health-normal.svg HP: 21/21 | awareness.svg PP: 15 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Elvish, Infernal

Tamu gave a nod. "Duchess Morwen is correct. I think you can let them inside."

Stepping back a pace, Tamu tried to force her hands to relax. She hadn't heard her father's name among the group, which might explain Nuzha's placidness. But surely they would know something. In the meantime, Tamu continued to be concerned about her host's mirthful demeanor. This soon after her loss and the strange attacks - and yet the woman was almost playful with the strangers outside. Unlike Ireena, Tamu was not eager to draw her blade against the group outside. She was grateful that - thus far - it sounded like they were who they claimed to be.

spacer.pngThe confusion on the name amuses Ireena immensely, which is good: she's not been in such good humors since Tamu has known her these past few days. When the right answer comes, she nods along and begins unlatching the door's many bolts and removing boards, finally letting them in.

The door opens, and for the first time, the group from beyond the Mists is met with Ireena Kolyana, sister of Ismark. She is tall, as tall as he is, her skin much darker, her hair a rust red with eyes that shine bright, a smile disarming in this otherwise abysmally grim place. She is dressed in a white tunic and brown britches, thigh-high boots and a long silver sword at her side, still sheathed. She wears a red vest over her tunic, and a red scarf around her shoulders and neck, her hair long and worn on her right shoulder.

"Ismark speaks very highly of you. Come in, and hurry. We have a fire, and I can prepare food for us: but we have much to discuss. My brother will be down momentarily. He has filled me in on your tale, and—Oh, where are my manners? This is my new friend, Tamu Zidon. She comes from beyond the Mists, as do you. She even comes from the same place as you do, this strange Daggerford place. Quite strange, isn't it?"

Once they are inside, she gets to work rebolting the door and covering it with boards, using pre-set nails and latches. It is an elaborate system. "I see you noticed our nocturnal visitors, leaving a mark on our once great home. Typical of that monster on the cliff."

As she begins to talk, everyone takes in the sights. The foyer is wide, with enough pegs for all of their cloaks and capes, jackets and boots and more. A layer of dust has built up in place, not unusual in this strange land, and the foyer goes in multiple directions: upstairs to where someone is banging around getting ready; straight on to a dining area and a kitchen from the smell of it; to the right is a sitting room, the one with the boarded up windows, and to the left, who can say behind a closed door?

Interestingly, there are a pair of boots laying on their sides in the dining room. There are roses around them, as if ceremonially. Some strange Barovian ritual?

"So, what is your plan? Or did Ismark not go into detail?"

image.png.96665b6a5ba89c3b8a3da17040db17df.pngJoliet

HP:   30/30

AC:   14

Init:  +3

Speed:  30

Ammo:  6/6

Action Surge:  1/1

Second Wind:  1/1

Fighting Spirit: 3/3

Condition:  Normal

Features

Class Features:  Action SurgeSecond WindFighting Style - Archery, Fighting Spirit

Tools:  Thieves' Tools, Playing Cards

Languages:  Common, Paridon Creole

Weapons & Armors:  All Weapons, All Armors, Shields

Feats:  Gunner

Racial & Background:  Ear to the Ground

IC

As the introductions are made, Joliet tips her hat in greeting, before then realizing it might be better to remove it in honest company. She tosses it toward one of the pegs on the wall, the wide brim giving it a smooth flight, with just enough of an upward angle that it stalls right as it reaches the wall. Her hat hooks one of the pegs perfectly, and Joliet couldn't look more pleased with herself if she had put down three alley stalkers with a single bullet.

She then turns to their hosts and says, "Ladies. Fine place you have here, notwithstandin' the beatin' it's taken on the outside. Good bones, I'd wager, for it to have kept the vermin out so long. But now you've got us, yeah? Vermin control. Also the fire brigade, should the need arise. Did a job of it with one of the houses here in town, as it happens." She smirks at this and takes a backward glance at her compatriots, with whom she shares the gag.

"As for plans, a bite of food and a warm drink would not be a bad place to start. But as for more specifics than that, I'm afraid Izzy was shy with any details before. Too afraid to be seen talkin' treason around certain folks. So we come here that he could spin the whole tale," Joliet explains. Then, turning her dark brown eyes on the two women, she adds, "Supposin' we could start with your parts in the story, yeah?"

OOC

Move:  n/a

Action:  n/a

AoO: n/a

Action Surge:  n/a

Bonus Action:  n/a

Reaction:  n/a

Edited by emotionaut (see edit history)
Name
Hat Throw
1d20+3 17

bramtoke.png.9dfccc21ea93a65b3fda4f82615969f5.pngBramzoz Nannin

HP:   20/20

AC:   12Natural, unarmored, no mage armor or shield./15Mage armor, no shield spell./17Natural, unarmored, with the shield spell. /20Mage Armor, with Shield Spell

Init:  +2

Spell Slots: 4/4lvl1, 2/2lvl2

Arcane Recovery:  1/1

Portent Dice:  15/1

Snipssnipstoke.png.504941c5eb410641aac7c36772f2ca50.png

HP:   1/1

AC:   11

Init:  +1

Speed:  5 ft. , fly 30 ft.

FlybyThe owl doesn't provoke opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy's reach.

Keen Hearing and SightThe owl has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or sight.

Features

Class Features:  SpellcastingAs a student of arcane magic, you have a spellbook containing spells that show the first glimmerings of your true power. See Spells Rules for the general rules of spellcasting and the Spells Listing for the wizard spell list.

Cantrips
At 1st level, you know three cantrips of your choice from the wizard spell list. You learn additional wizard cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Wizard table.

Spellbook
At 1st level, you have a spellbook containing six 1st-level wizard spells of your choice. Your spellbook is the repository of the wizard spells you know, except your cantrips, which are fixed in your mind.

Preparing and Casting Spells
The Wizard table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your wizard spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell’s level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.

You prepare the list of wizard spells that are available for you to cast. To do so, choose a number of wizard spells from your spellbook equal to your Intelligence modifier + your wizard level (minimum of one spell). The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots.

For example, if you’re a 3rd-level wizard, you have four 1st-level and two 2nd-level spell slots. With an Intelligence of 16, your list of prepared spells can include six spells of 1st or 2nd level, in any combination, chosen from your spellbook. If you prepare the 1st-level spell magic missile, you can cast it using a 1st-level or a 2nd-level slot. Casting the spell doesn’t remove it from your list of prepared spells.

You can change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of wizard spells requires time spent studying your spellbook and memorizing the incantations and gestures you must make to cast the spell: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list.

Spellcasting Ability
Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for your wizard spells, since you learn your spells through dedicated study and memorization. You use your Intelligence whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Intelligence modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a wizard spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier

Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier

Ritual Casting
You can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don’t need to have the spell prepared.

Spellcasting Focus
You can use an arcane focus (see the Adventuring Gear section) as a spellcasting focus for your wizard spells.

Learning Spells of 1st Level and Higher
Each time you gain a wizard level, you can add two wizard spells of your choice to your spellbook for free. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots, as shown on the Wizard table. On your adventures, you might find other spells that you can add to your spellbook (see the “Your Spellbook” sidebar).
, Arcane RecoveryYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
, Arcane Tradition: DivinationWhen you reach 2nd level, you choose an arcane tradition, shaping your practice of magic through one of eight schools: Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy, or Transmutation. The School of Evocation is detailed at the end of the class description, and more choices are available in other sources.

Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level.
, Divination SavantBeginning when you select this school at 2nd level, the gold and time you must spend to copy a divination spell into your spellbook is halved., PortentStarting at 2nd level when you choose this school, glimpses of the future begin to press in on your awareness. When you finish a long rest, roll two d20s and record the numbers rolled. You can replace any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check made by you or a creature that you can see with one of these foretelling rolls. You must choose to do so before the roll, and you can replace a roll in this way only once per turn.

Each foretelling roll can be used only once. When you finish a long rest, you lose any unused foretelling rolls.

Languages:  Celestial, Common, Elvish, Infernal

Weapons & Armors:  Crossbow, Light, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, Sling, no armor

Feats:  WarcasterYou have practiced casting spells in the midst of combat, learning techniques that grant you the following benefits:

You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.

Racial & Background:  ResearcherWhen you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

IC

Bram bows respectfully to the two women as they introduce themselves and follows Joliet inside. He hangs his cloak upon a peg, much more carefully than Joliet tossing her hat, making sure he won't introduce new wrinkles to the fabric. Snips remained on Bram's shoulder, hooting softly and rotating her head in unnatural degrees to take in all the corners of the interior of the manor, hoping to spot the soft movement of a mouse. "So many of us from Faerun..." the young wizard muses almost to himself as he hears of Tamu's home. "And so many of you from Daggerford specifically. It seems Fate has been playful of late."

Bram nods enthusiastically as Joliet encourages food and drink and the telling of tales. It seems some answers might finally be shared with them and he couldn't be more intrigued if the "monster on the cliff" was here to enlighten them himself. "Please do share you tale. I've heard naught but half truths and hints for the last three days and my ignorance of this land is beginning to drive me insane."

OOC

Bonus Action: n/a

Item Interaction:  n/a

Quick Stats

Sulimann.png.07baf15c9c03c015ef32d0ddf8a8e3f7.pngHP:   24/24

AC:   15

Init:  -1

Spell Slots: L1 - 4/4; L2 - 2/2

Spells: Heroism [D], Sanctuary [D], Aid [D], Warding Bond [D], Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Protection from Good/Evil, Shield of Faith, Calm Emotions, Prayer of Healing

Conditions:

The Point. Get to it.

Stepping through the door requires a dip to his right to avoid putting his horns through the door frame. The rustic nature of the home stands in contrast to the outside by the nature of being...intact. Rather than dwell on pleasantries, Sulimann moves to the nearest chair in the dining area and claims it for himself. A slow and cautious descent to prevent any damage to the furniture. Joliet's bit of flair puts a smirk on his lips as he crosses one leg over the other and watches the others gather in place.

"We came here to free people from tyranny. There is little more to it than that." He drums fingers along his calf as he considers just how absurd that must sound to people who've lived here. Having been on the receiving end of his share of tyranny, he finds it hard to blame them for their reluctance. Still, frustrations build in the face of ignorance. "Details have been scant on that from the locals."

OOC Info

N/A

spacer.pngTamu Zidon

Tamu nodded and offered a tired smile as introductions began around the group. "I will allow Ireena and Tsmark detail the local trouble. I'm afraid I have only been here for a couple days myself - much of the area and its troubles are new to me. I came here seeking my father - Belshazzar Zidon - who also journeyed from Daggerford. I see he is not with you though - so he must have been part of another group. While Ireena fills you in on the recent attacks, I'll see if I can find some refreshment for you all."

She gave an encouraging look to Ireena and stepped toward the kitchen to see what she could assemble, keeping her ears open to the continuing conversation.

Edited by Lonewalker (see edit history)

Dynaheir-Minscthara-02-375x500DYNAHEIR | HP 32/32 | AC 15 | Initiative +2 | Passive Perception 12 | Rages Remaining 3

Dynaheir stares at Tamu, shocked. "Belshazzar is your father?" she gasps. Before the other girl can move too far, she steps forward and places a hand on Tamu's shoulder, her smile wide and warm. "Yes, he came here with us! He seems to be very wise and kind; a good wychlaren, except that he is a man. We have not seem him since last night, however."

Realizing that this might be a worrying note to end on, she redoubles her smile and pats Tamu on the shoulder. "But I am sure he is fine! He has probably not been magically cursed into serving the enemy or transformed into a ravenous beast or anything."

RVskL6u.jpgTamu Zidon

Tamu stiffened suddenly, not at the Rashemi's touch but at her words. Close by - always close by - she could hear Nuzha crying out, though in frustration or anticipation, it was hard to tell. Her sister's waiils seemed to stir up other spirits, whose voices joined the cacophony. Their words were indistinct, unclear unlike her sister, and blended into a buzzing white noise that momentarily became painful. Tamu clamped her hands over her ears, as though that would somehow help, and took several long breaths, pushing through the clamor of the ghostly cries and shrieks to turn shakily toward Dynaheir.

"My father...was here..?" she asked breathlessly, "Where did you last see him?" Without thinking, spurred by Nuzha's urgency, Tamu grasped Dynaheir's wrists with her smaller hands. "I have to find him! He needs to face what he did to us!" She fought against a surge of anger and grief, her tone becoming desperate and ragged.

"He has to face how he abandoned us. He has to stop running away. I have to make him own up to how he treated us...how he let our mother die alone...let us suffer because his damn books were more important than his family. He has to..."

Tamu realized that she was rambling and struggled to get control of herself. "Please, I have to find him..."

image.png.96665b6a5ba89c3b8a3da17040db17df.pngJoliet

HP:   30/30

AC:   14

Init:  +3

Ammo:  6/6

Action Surge:  1/1

Second Wind:  1/1

Fighting Spirit: 3/3

Condition:  Normal

Features

Class Features:  Action SurgeSecond WindFighting Style - Archery, Fighting Spirit

Tools:  Thieves' Tools, Playing Cards

Languages:  Common, Paridon Creole

Weapons & Armors:  All Weapons, All Armors, Shields

Feats:  Gunner

Racial & Background:  Ear to the Ground

IC

By this point, Joliet has made herself very much at home. She's sprawled out on the comfiest piece of furniture in view and has her dogs resting on the second comfiest. "So yer dad did a runner, too, eh?" she says to Tamu. "Didn't peg him for the type, not that we knew him well.

"But I know where you're comin' from. My pop only came for me when I was old enough to be of use around the house. Claims he didn't know. Claims he didn't want me gettin' raised up by a bunch of whores. Him bein' such an upstandin' sort,"
she says with a laugh. "Had me cookin' and cleanin' and runnin' errands 'round town. Meanwhile he's off drinkin', gamblin', or sometimes workin'. Be gone for days or weeks, even months, at a time."

Joliet shrugs sympathetically. "At some point, you stop countin', yeah?"

OOC

AoO: n/a

Action Surge:  n/a

Bonus Action:  n/a

bramtoke.png.9dfccc21ea93a65b3fda4f82615969f5.pngBramzoz Nannin

HP:   20/20

AC:   12Natural, unarmored, no mage armor or shield./15Mage armor, no shield spell./17Natural, unarmored, with the shield spell. /20Mage Armor, with Shield Spell

Init:  +2

Spell Slots: 4/4lvl1, 2/2lvl2

Arcane Recovery:  1/1

Portent Dice:  15/1

Snipssnipstoke.png.504941c5eb410641aac7c36772f2ca50.png

HP:   1/1

AC:   11

Init:  +1

Speed:  5 ft. , fly 30 ft.

FlybyThe owl doesn't provoke opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy's reach.

Keen Hearing and SightThe owl has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or sight.

Features

Class Features:  SpellcastingAs a student of arcane magic, you have a spellbook containing spells that show the first glimmerings of your true power. See Spells Rules for the general rules of spellcasting and the Spells Listing for the wizard spell list.

Cantrips
At 1st level, you know three cantrips of your choice from the wizard spell list. You learn additional wizard cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Wizard table.

Spellbook
At 1st level, you have a spellbook containing six 1st-level wizard spells of your choice. Your spellbook is the repository of the wizard spells you know, except your cantrips, which are fixed in your mind.

Preparing and Casting Spells
The Wizard table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your wizard spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell’s level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.

You prepare the list of wizard spells that are available for you to cast. To do so, choose a number of wizard spells from your spellbook equal to your Intelligence modifier + your wizard level (minimum of one spell). The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots.

For example, if you’re a 3rd-level wizard, you have four 1st-level and two 2nd-level spell slots. With an Intelligence of 16, your list of prepared spells can include six spells of 1st or 2nd level, in any combination, chosen from your spellbook. If you prepare the 1st-level spell magic missile, you can cast it using a 1st-level or a 2nd-level slot. Casting the spell doesn’t remove it from your list of prepared spells.

You can change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of wizard spells requires time spent studying your spellbook and memorizing the incantations and gestures you must make to cast the spell: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list.

Spellcasting Ability
Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for your wizard spells, since you learn your spells through dedicated study and memorization. You use your Intelligence whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Intelligence modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a wizard spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier

Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier

Ritual Casting
You can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don’t need to have the spell prepared.

Spellcasting Focus
You can use an arcane focus (see the Adventuring Gear section) as a spellcasting focus for your wizard spells.

Learning Spells of 1st Level and Higher
Each time you gain a wizard level, you can add two wizard spells of your choice to your spellbook for free. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots, as shown on the Wizard table. On your adventures, you might find other spells that you can add to your spellbook (see the “Your Spellbook” sidebar).
, Arcane RecoveryYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
, Arcane Tradition: DivinationWhen you reach 2nd level, you choose an arcane tradition, shaping your practice of magic through one of eight schools: Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy, or Transmutation. The School of Evocation is detailed at the end of the class description, and more choices are available in other sources.

Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level.
, Divination SavantBeginning when you select this school at 2nd level, the gold and time you must spend to copy a divination spell into your spellbook is halved., PortentStarting at 2nd level when you choose this school, glimpses of the future begin to press in on your awareness. When you finish a long rest, roll two d20s and record the numbers rolled. You can replace any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check made by you or a creature that you can see with one of these foretelling rolls. You must choose to do so before the roll, and you can replace a roll in this way only once per turn.

Each foretelling roll can be used only once. When you finish a long rest, you lose any unused foretelling rolls.

Languages:  Celestial, Common, Elvish, Infernal

Weapons & Armors:  Crossbow, Light, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, Sling, no armor

Feats:  WarcasterYou have practiced casting spells in the midst of combat, learning techniques that grant you the following benefits:

You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.

Racial & Background:  ResearcherWhen you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

IC

When they had been introduced to Tamu, the name didn't click for Bromzoz. It was only when she began to react to his disappearance that it all came together. "Gods..." Bram said incredulously after hearing Tamu's story. "You're that Tamu Zidon? I worked closely with your father in Candlekeep." Bram thought about sharing with her about his conversations with Shazzar, about how what he did to his family was his deepest regret, and how he would stop at nothing to find a way to undo the hurt he caused. But seeing Tamu in this state, Bram worried that she might transpose her anger with her father to him. Not only that, but this was something very personal to Shazzar and Bram should not get caught up in the middle of it. "I know its no consolation, but he spoke very highly of you. I wish it was under different circumstances, but I'm happy to meet you."

As Joliet began to share a bit about her own childhood, Bram realized that he was very fortunate. His own childhood was mostly enjoyable. True, he experienced deep sadness and loss, but at least he was never abandoned or utilized like a piece of equipment by his own parents. "That's awful," he said in response to her story. "I can't imagine."

OOC

Bonus Action: n/a

Item Interaction:  n/a