Character Creation

Penchant

You can TWF with one handers, it's just that the penalties to hit are steeper. And only your off hand needs to be light so you can use a revolver as your primary and a light in your off hand to get the -2/-2.

I do have some beta house rules that I haven't used. I had thought that if you have a pistol in one hand and a melee in your off hand then you don't provoke for firing in melee if you don't make attacks with the melee (using it to guard). I forgot about that one, but I'll add it in for this game.

What would be the effect of using rapid reload with a revolver? Assuming I have one hand free how many bullets could be put back into the cylinder? (I am assuming, since it's a 1h weapon, the feat would reduce reloading it to a move action, but also, would this provoke an AoO?)

I’m going with a sleepy eyed, overworked “ninja gunner” who combines Gunslinger and rogue. Kind of Solid-Snake ish but she masquerades as a body guard/go-fer for the brothel.

edit: or a gun for hire who works for an orphanage’s benefit or a run down church or both.

Edited by TonberryKing (see edit history)

A question: Are we allowed to assume that starting wealth can be spent on spellcasting services? I have the thought in mind of a character who for various reasons has a pair of arcane marks cast on their clothing. One has the umbral spell metamagic feat applied (so it emits darkness), and the other has both umbral spell and eclipsed spell applied (so it emits light instead). They'd both be covered normally, and the character would uncover one or the other depending on what light level is desired.

Default costs for spellcasting services is CL x spell level x 10 gp, which theoretically would give both a cost of 60 gp (cantrips count as half a spell level for costs generally, and you can cast it at CL 1). But in world I imagine it'd be uncommon to find someone who actually knows those metamagics (they're fairly niche), so I don't know if you'd want to increase that pricetag (if it's allowed at all).

The gimmick isn't integral to the character, but at the moment I'm envisioning them more on the ruin delver side of things, and being able to control light levels would be the sort of thing such an individual would find handy I imagine.

Edit: and on a completely separate topic, the effortless lace item when applied to a weapon allows an appropriately sized wielder to use it with weapon finesse. RAW that does not allow an unchained rogue to select that weapon with finesse training for the dex to damage, since finesse training requires selecting a type of weapon rather than a specific one. What are the chances an allowance could be made anyways?

edit to the edit: I will note that I'm currently planning on a different route to that effect, and was just curious if that option is even one that can be considered.

Edited by Taggerung559 (see edit history)