Character Creation

Penchant

Create a thread in the 'Applications' folder. This is where all of your character will live. I don't need a full and complete character sheet, just a character pitch with some description and background. Be sure to read the setting background, both so it can inform your character and so you know just what you are getting yourself into.

Questions and answers go here.

You will start at 7th level with a 25 point buy for ability scores.

Races available to play are: Human only, though all of the alternate racial traits are available (those that do not cost RP). This is a human centric game and other species will appear as NPCs only.

You begin with 2 traits free

Guns are Everywhere

Automatic Bonus Progression is in effect

Standard WBL for 7th level, not half as per ABP

Unchained Classes preferred over not.

Variant Multiclassing is allowed and preferred over classic.

Divine classes all belong to the Horologian faith. No you cannot worship a concept instead.

Edited by Penchant (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Good gravy there's too dang many fun ideas for a wild west-ish setting and Pathfinder. You mentioned that divine casters are all worshippers of the Horologian faith. Does that include the more nature/animistic casters like druid and shaman? Just didn't know if they fell under the same scope for your world or if there's room for a more primal character.

Yeah, I'd like to keep a focus on the church dynamic and avoid polytheism. So no druid or shaman class as such. Primal themed characters would be fine as far as wastelanders go. If you wanted a tribal shaman, then a class like sorcerer would be good. But I'd still prefer characters that lean toward the tech rather than away from it. Like, I wouldn't want a whole group riding motorbikes with one guy clip clopping along on a horse out of principle.

Hey Penchant! I remember you from the big monster hunting game - fun times. 😁

- What are the domains associated with the Horologian faith?

- What is the (approximate) speed of the vehicles? I assume faster than horses, but better to ask.
Also, what's the skill to pilot them? Ride, or a dedicate "Pilot"?

- Are there some 3rd party sources that are open? I'm thinking Psionics especially (I assume Path of War is out). Psionics-as-mutants (like sorcerers here) is fairly classical.

- Are classes who get Exotic Weapon Proficiency (one or more firearms) allowed to get a replacement feat?

Yeah, that was quite a game. Hard to run, as a DM :D

- All domains are availiable

- The vehicles have a low base speed but a high run speed. This represents that they are not very maneuverable. Like a motorcycle may have a 20 speed but an 8x run. I'm just going to use ride for simplicity sake. Other vehicles may get their own skill, like the big flying ships.

- No Path of War, but I'd be open to psionics.

- You can get a replacement exotic weapon proficiency.

- Unchained classes are encouraged

Are there any house rules for two weapon fighting if one of the weapons is a revolver?

I realize you can't dual wield pistols or have a sword in one hand and a gun in the other b/c they're all not light weapons but One Handers, but... for the sake of argument if my character has a dagger or a hatchet in one hand and a pistol in the other, can they TWF those in melee?