[Interest Check] Exploration/Sandbox Game PF2e

Blaeringr

About twenty years ago, the island of Veda - a prosperous land and people - found themselves, land and people, suddenly on a new world. What happened and why? The people have only the beginnings of any answers to this, but here they are in a strange new world.

As they set out and navigate the new world around them, in place of their neighbors' various lands they instead find a large continent, seemingly untouched by civilization. Colonization is underway, but is going slow for various reasons. The powers that be in Veda are struggling to re-secure their power in the fallout of being transplanted away from allies to a new world. And the people of Veda soon realized they may not be the only newcomers looking to colonize this land.

But for young, unattached adventurers, all of this spells opportunity!

Make your way to the new colony. Meet strange new people. Find your fortune in this new wild land. And perhaps even solve the mystery underlying it all.

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)

Sounds intersting!

How do you envision the colonising and exploration playing out? Hex tiles and rules like in kingmaker (I am only mildly aware of these rules)

Would the characters be taking an active roll in leading one of these frontier towns? Or would they be newcomers to the colony and are helping by taking jobs from the leaders there already?

I plan to use hex tiles for exploration, with some direction taken from Kingmaker. Players will explore the regions, and find out what's there. This may lead to opportunities to delve into caves or mysterious ruins. They may discover settlements that may become friends or enemies. Perhaps they'll discover resources being sought by someone in a settlement. And at the end of the day, as long as they have a charter, they can sell information from their exploration.

I want the adventurers to have lives back in settled areas. I picture simultaneously running exploration/adventuring, and downtime/slice of life from the last time they were in town. I intend to have threads ongoing for the group adventure, and threads for each character's down time. The down time threads can even be private (if the site allows that)

Players could conceivably work towards leadership of settlements if that's their goal, though I don't imagine it would happen early on. I picture the players' characters as just entering adulthood, coming from insignificant backgrounds, seeking their own significance in the world.

34 minutes ago, Eagleheart said:

I'm also interested. Would this be set on Golarion, or in a homebrew setting?

It would be a homebrew setting. My first post gives just a tiny description of that setting. I am going to be gradually filling out more information on the setting as I set up the game itself on this site.

When I do have the setting info more or less fleshed out, it will outline a few cultures/groups in this setting, which at first glance will seem to exclude a lot of races and perhaps other character options. However, what setting info I do present will be with the caveat that Ixve only presented the larger groups, and that there are many smaller groups out there connecting with these main groups, so all official character options from paizo should be on the table.

I'm also willing to consider Battlezoo character options. They seem to have a good reputation for balancing things well with Paizoxs stuff.