Interest Check: Dungeon Crawl Classics Horror Halloween Game

cailano

You and your friends gave up the adventuring life long ago. The best decision you ever made. You were on a quest for... something. It's hard to remember back that far. You aren't sure how long ago. But then you came across this cute little town in the middle of nowhere.

The town only had one inn - the Kozy Kobweb. Luckily, they had vacancies. You had one of the best meals of your life, a fantastic time chatting with the locals, and enjoyed sing-a-longs over mugs of expertly crafted ale. You slept well and woke up refreshed and happy. You even told the owner - Ms. Alice - about how happy you were there and how you were sad that you had to leave and continue your quest.

But Ms. Alice told you there was no need. Several of her staff had just retired, and she offered you all jobs on the spot. You instantly accepted, the quest forgotten.

Now you spend your days working and socializing with your friends. You still have plenty of time to relax. All of your old weapons and equipment are packed away in the cellar - who needs them? Rather than the constant travel and danger of your old lives, you have endless peaceful days, one fading into the next.

And you couldn't be happier. Everything is just perfect.

The Web of All-Torment is a one-shot module from the DCC Horror line, and it is not for the faint of heart. This is one disturbing adventure, ladies and gentlemen, and character death is far from the worst thing that can happen. It is dark, twisted, and gory, and the PCs will be thrust right into it. None will escape unchanged.

All PCs will be third level, which is the equivalent power level of fifth or sixth-level PCs in a D&D system. Not that it will save you.

The adventure is short enough to play through in a couple of months of PbP, so it's the right length for a spooky-season game.

I'll run it if I can find a group willing to experience it! Let me know.

13 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Dammit, Cailano! Why do you keep having cool game ideas?! You know I'm down for more DCC and especially when it's spooky season and horror themed!

If you get more than a typical group interested, though, I'm happy to step aside since I'm already playing in your stuff.

Is it pre-genned characters or will we be crafting our own?

Oh, good question. I was thinking we'd do our own but I guess I don't have strong opinions about it.

5 hours ago, crowe9107 said:

I am definitely interested, pre-gen or custom. Doubt you will have problems finding a group if you advertise it.

Ordinarily, I'm of the "just post it" line of thinking, but for this one I'm legitimately not sure if people will want to play.
1. It's Dungeon Crawl Classics, which is an awesome but lesser-played system
2. It's a horror game. Not a lot of those around the Weave
3. It's like... really a horror game.

But, I hope I'm wrong! Two statements of interest in one day is honestly a pretty good start.