Saria Erstina, human sorcerer

farothel

image.png.0aeabcbc4dc4e432d9aeb2a88ceff3d6.png

Saria Erstina Character Sheet

background: 

Saria was found near the edge of the Mierani forest, the only survivor of a raided caravan (probably by Drow, although they don’t know for sure and have never told her), when she was about 2 years old.  The elves that found her, brought her and all the books they found in the chest she was hidden in to their village inside the forest.  There she grew up together with the elven children and while it wasn’t always easy, she did manage to learn the same things, even during the weapon’s training she also followed she wasn’t that far behind.

Her adoptive parents did wonder when they figured out she also had low-light vision, which humans normally didn’t have, but they eventually assumed that she had some elven blood in her veins.  When she turned twelve they also gave her the chest with all the books they had found with her.  She started reading them, trying to find some way of knowing where she came from.  They turned out to be historical accounts from the past, when the land was called Thassilon.  She quickly figured out that she wouldn’t find anything in there about her past, but they proved intriguing and she kept reading them.

When she turned 16 she also went with some friends to a ruin not far from the village that she had found in one of the books.  There they were accidentally disturbed a nest of Brain Moles and her best friend was killed in the attack.  While they had weapons they were surprised by the creatures.  It was here that she suddenly found the ability to shoot magic missiles.  While she was familiar with the concept as her friend had been studying to become a wizard (she had received some training in magical theory, although until now she hadn’t been able to cast any spells), she was surprised that she had been able to do this.  So she tried and did it again, driving the moles away while they retreated as well.

Back home they told their story, although she left out that she had hit her friend (and the others hadn't seen it), and it was soon established that she was a sorcerer and further research by the village clerics and wizards showed that she had probably some elemental blood in her veins.  She stayed in the village for another year, coming to grips with her new powers and also grieving for her friend, blaming herself for the death as she had suggested the trip to the ruin.

Soon she couldn’t face her friend’s parents anymore and she decided to go to human cities, trying to figure out who she was and if she had any family there.  The books she left in the care of the wizards as she couldn’t take them all with her, promising to come back for them later.  Then she left with a elven merchant who brought her towards Riddleport.  There her search started and as they couldn’t (or wouldn’t) help, soon she was wandering across the world, eventually ending up in Kintargo.

While she was looking for her family, she needed some way to make some extra money and she decided to try her hand at the opera.  She had always been good at singing and after an audition she managed to get a place in the choir.  She had just managed to get some traction when the new Mayor closed the opera.  There was little she could do about it, but when she heard about the protest and the rumours that Shensen would be there, she had to go.

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Name
wealth
2d6 5,1

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's so bloody quiet in here, so let me! Can't abite quiet in a social game, misses the entire point.

Anyways; Who were her adoptive parents and why'd they pick up a random child, almost literally, off the streets. Life's rough enough as it is for most people without another mouth to feed, so why'd they do it (and are they happy with the choice?)

Royally buggering things up and leaving out of shame seems entirely reasonable, difficult to avoid being reminded that you're responsible for someones death if you pass his parents and/or siblings each and every day, but you seem to have cut the story a bit short mate. So you've arrived in glorious Cheliax, how'd she eat? What'd she think of the locals, and the culture. Do you know anyone in town, if so why'd they drag you along to this little riot they're throwing and if you don't then why you joining a protest?

Edited by Harmen (see edit history)

elves don't have many children, so every child is precious to them. And simple charity. She didn't ask and they didn't tell.

As to the story, I did shorten it a bit, especially the last part. I'll add to that if I'm chosen so I can weave the other player characters into it a bit (have one of the others as a friend, or at least acquaintance and get involved that way). But that I can only do if I know who the other characters are.

• 2 months later...

image.jpeg.6004cf4d8cdb45ea2a034ed2a4f5446b.jpeg

Statblock

Saria Erstina
Female CG Human Sorcerer, Level: 1, Init: 2, HP: 7/7, Speed: 30
AC: 12, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 10, CMD: 13, Fort: +2, Ref: +2, Will: +3, CMB: +1, Base Attack Bonus: 0, Hero Points: 1
longsword: +1 (1d8+1, 19-20/x2)
sling (10): +2 (1d4+1, x2)
cold iron dagger: +2 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 17
Condition: None

OOC