Episode 6: The Hopeless Void

ArcaneStomper

The scions put out one last burst of magic. Morgan, Delcroix, and Leslie all work to unravel the Rampant's spells and the lines of magic disintigrate under their efforts. The Rampant tries to stop them. It bursts out in a flurry of limbs to attempt to grab them and hurl them away from its now exposed anchors.

But Anna is having none of it. Swooping into the Rampant's path she assembles her blades and spears them into the monsters core. There is a terrible wail. Coming not from the rampant, but seemingly all around the scions and then it simply shakes apart. Collapsing into purple dust that holds its shape for just a moment before dissipating.

The scions are left floating alone in the void. But they do not have long to separate. Cracks begin spread across the void exposing something that ... ... ... The scions do not remember. Below them the twisting branches that contained the faux school begin to fade out of existence. Fortunately it only takes a few moments before a much more welcome portal appears. A moochee looks through and beckons the scions to escape through it.

OOC

Rampant vs DC 26

Rampant (Dazed)

Staggered
Toughness -15

Vulnerable to Black Fixer

Anna:
Staggered
Damage -1

Name
Rampant vs DC 26
1d10+6 10

The Black Fixer

They... did it? They did it! What happened? Something... Something happened afterwards. Damn it she was something she's sure of it. What was it! It could be important! She saw... she saw...

Ah dangit she lost her train of thought

Well, at least she could get out now and go back to writing out her diary and again, be retired, Cirro

"It was one strong enough to need the reality though... Is this really what a Major Rampant looks like, or are they somehow worse?"

"...Maybe I should come back if those start popping up"

Nevertheless, there was an exit door. So into the portal we go. She just hope there weren't any casualties, she's had enough of those. Wonder what cover up will be used this time though. The whole school distorting probably attracted unwanted attention

OOC

Hell yeah! Victory for the righteous! And maybe we get to see some post-action rp between everyone. I hope the other Scions are okay though

spacer.png
 Scion Morgan

Morgan let's out a breathe as the Rampant shatters around them. "About ducking time." She whispers. Unfortunately this wasn't a time to separate as all of reality seemed to be cracking away revealing ... Static replaces memory ... A portal opens near by and Morgan see one of the damnable furballs grabbing whoever seems the weakest/most injuries the diminutive Scion flies full speed through the portal.

OOC

Edited by Niven81 (see edit history)

https://i.imgur.com/ygWvr67.jpg

Drama Queen | Sheet | Page | Defenses | Senses

"Ahhn," Leslie half-gasps, half-moans as she is forced to witness something - something that tears and violates her mind just in her awareness of it, but immediately that awareness is lost, slipping out of the folds in her brain, leaving only the hole where that knowledge was. She couldn't hold it if she wanted, any more than she could clutch water between her thumb and forefinger, and she desperately did not want to. She scrunches her eyes shut and presses her palms to her eyes for fear the sight of something would come for her again.

It's only a ripple of emotion that gives her the courage to crack her fingers and glance askew to see the moochee beckoning from the portal. She extends a hand and goes for it.

"Yes! Get me out!" she says, but at the threshhold, looks back as something occurs to her. "What about the others? Kal - Springtime - what if they're still here?"

SMtitle.png.5ddd100036aa184ba18da8bb1ddf3e35.png
grid_0-removebg-preview.png.1d78d236242027ae922d3b1b114fd92c.png

Morgan half lands, half crashes on the other side of the portal gasping for air like a marathon runner. "I got them, Drama!" She yells out toward the other Scion surprisingly using an actual name for once. She looks around, taking a head count and looking for anyone else she may have missed, aware that the Moochies secured Servo before everything went to heck.

Leslie breathes an almost-silent sigh of relief, then straightens up, attempting to gather her composure.

"Good," she says smoothly, flicking an errant lock of hair behind her shoulder. "All the pieces are in place."

With no time to waste, she enters the portal.

"We did it..."

"We...," the words broke in the face of something that refused to take hold within her memory, that flitted past as a much more familar portal opened, and with it the sight of a moochee. She followed its path, gliding through before she sighed outwardly as her boots drifted across the solid ground of their reality, and relaxed the magic binding those sword-bladed gauntlets to finally release.

"haaaa...Woah. Are we... Are we all here?"

On the outside of the rift the school looks much as it always has. The scions can see other rifts dotted around the place through which moochees are casting lines to rescue stranded teachers and students. They also take the drained scions that Morgan rescued and carry them to what looks like the combination of a field hospital and a mad scientist's workshop. Spindly machines tower over field cots where all the injured victims of the rampant are being looked after by yet more moochees.

They only have a few moments to look around however before Ittle comes bounding over. It fur looks somewhat bedraggled letting its scales stand out more than normal. In a tired voice the senior moochee greets the scions, "Scions good work in there. That rampant was on the verge of evolving into a Major. If it had we probably would have lost the entire school. Thanks to you we've managed to recover all its victims and stop an even greater catastrophe."

SMtitle.png.5ddd100036aa184ba18da8bb1ddf3e35.png
grid_0-removebg-preview.png.1d78d236242027ae922d3b1b114fd92c.png

Morgan looked around, a knot in her stomach vanishing as she saw the makeshift medical tent. "Did we lose anyone," She half whispers, half hisses at Ittle and the other present Moochies.

With a growl green light envelops the childish looking Scion.

morgan.png.bb43b57d355549d7eca3ed32a14b9fe6.png

0_3-removebg-preview.png.6b0a83453d00dd4e3788ed9dd1223641.png

As the light fades Morgan's civilian form is revealed. She stands nearly a foot taller than her Scion form, long blonde and died green hair falls down her back in lazy waves and curls. spiked bracelets adorn either wrist and her neck. Anyone who was a student at this school would instantly recognize her as one of the school's most notorious delinquents. "What the hell where you f@#k thinking sending unprepared kids into THAT!" She screams, pointing a finger at the Moochie. She whips her hand around pointing to the various fallen Scions. "Look at them! They could have died," her other hand moves protectively to her stomach. "Could still die!" She steps toward the Moochies. "All because you didn't share intel, or even tell some of us what the f@#k was up!"

The Black Fixer

She sighed as she stepped out and onto solid ground. At least everyone else was safe. Now she could go, after she yells at Cirro. But it seems someone else already had that idea. She was standing mouth agape as not only was the teensy little Scion revealing herself to be one of the biggest deliquent she knew, but to absolutely go off at the Moochees. Amused, she walked over to her and puts a hand on her shoulder, trying to keep her voice calm

"Morgan I understand your frustration, but allow me"

"Now, as for you, Ittle, with my most sincere respect"

"WHAT THE F@#K!"

To give her yell a little more oomph, she even stomps on the ground once

"Do you want another "Moonlit Paladin" incident? Cuz that's how you get one!"

"Swear, all recruits! And ya send them against a Proto-Major!? Holy shit just get Xiao! The two of us would have cleaned up that mess five times faster, five times easier, with literally zero risk!"

She lets out a deep groan, burying her masked face in her hands. Now that most of her bottled up frustration was out, she could focus on what she actually wanted to say. She's sure they were used to it by now

"Swear, are we this low on manpower? I told you, Promethea's robot army was an amazing idea! Easy to make, can cover a wide area and good luck eating those souls! Seriously, we're lucky nobody died... I hope. Look, we ain't completely immortal, so while we can do the stabbing stuff, if you fail on the recon stuff, then we have a problem. Damn it, I hope that's not why I've been called so much recently. Mopping up stragglers is one thing, but this? Might as well become full-time agai... oh that little..."

She could feel a pique of frustration rising up again

"Alright now where's Cirro so I can pun... calmy explain to them the definition of "retired""

"Of cour-" Leslie starts, looking down at Ittle, but is suddenly overwhelmed the fury flowing off of the towering delinquent, followed closely by the slightly more measured outrage from the Black Fixer. Already raw from the post-battle adrenaline crash, Leslie gives into temptation and simply basks in the emotional glow for a moment before recovering her composure and considering her options.

She could let this just play out, and if this were the Fortune Private Learning Academy, she just might. But she has no intention of ever returning to this dismal, underfunded, casual-dress high school ever again, so she won't benefit from whatever drama comes of this. And anyway, she does owe them all her life now, maybe. She supposes they're due this much.

"Careful in your human form," Leslie warns Morgan through grit teeth, putting a gloved hand on her other shoulder. "You're visible to normals now. You look like you're screaming at thin air. And if anyone here has Aurora Syndrome, they just saw you change forms."

She retracts her hand and crosses her arms, smirking slightly. Her voice resumes its early, regal tone. "After all, you look like someone with a reputation to maintain. And that's something I dearly understand."

Edited by Snicker
Minor prose improvements (see edit history)

Ittle is unperturbed at Morgan's outburst or Delcroix's rant. "I understand your concerns, but there was no time to bring in a proper team of veterans. There's never enough time or enough veterans. We're stretched thin and have to make do with what we can. If we had information on what you would face we would share it, but we can't scry through a hardened dimensional shell."

The old moochee sighs and leans back on their tail, "Complain at me or your personal liaisons as much as you want. You won, and everyone should recover. That's worth any price." Speaking of which Cirro sidles up looking sheepish.

"Welcome back Anna. I'm glad your safe."

morgan.png.bb43b57d355549d7eca3ed32a14b9fe6.png

0_3-removebg-preview.png.6b0a83453d00dd4e3788ed9dd1223641.png

Morgan's eyes go wide as Fixer lays into the Moochie, and as Fixer finishes the delinquent Scion, gives her a feral nod of "that was badass". As Drama steps up to her Morgan can't help but give the girl an appreciative nod and starts to calm down ... Unfortunately the Moochie spoke again.

"My 'laison'?" Morgan barked out a laugh not caring how crazy it made her look. "I haven't seen my 'laison' since I was left for dead in a water canal."

The Black Fixer

"Yeah. But you know it doesn't always end this way, Ittle"

She frowns when she sees said liaison show up from behind.

"Believe me Morgan, you're not missing out on much. Speaking of, Cirro. I have good news! Your plan was an absolute failure!"

She says in a fake-happy voice as she points at some of the knocked out Scions nearby

"One of them hates me and thinks I'm just an edgy asshole and the other's first reaction upon seeing me was to shiv me! Hell, she did more damage than the bloody Rampant!"

"Truly, my return heralds success!"

She cackles about as weirdly as Morgan and claps before quieting down and looking at the sky, staying silent for a while. She hated to admit it but while it wasn't "fun" by any means it was... meaningful. More than just staying at home and boring herself to death with school. Plus they were lacking in Scions anyways. She's not sure she could save lives... but staying in the back definitely wouldn't. She lets out a long distressed sigh

"Goddess damnit... Okay fine, I'm coming back for real this time! If only because everything's on the verge of failing and I couldn't sit back and be at peace with myself. Nothing more"