The Web of All Torment - OOC

cailano

4 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Nah, rolling low is good on a Fumble! A 1 should mean I just miss but look stupid 🤪 At least, I think so... Might be remembering Hyperborea 3e...

Ohhhhh, I think you're right! Then, hooray! But still, Dalia, I hardly knew ye anyways. Tell me something about yourself.

By my count Chard is at 13 HP and has just failed two Fort saves, so is likely going to be even worse off. If he survives this round, he likely won't survive the next despite doing his level best to protect us. Shaun sees some of his other friends try to fight and fail. Ysabel's attack, while solid, mostly angered Ms. Alice. These creatures are a thing of nightmares.

That is to say, there's plenty IC reason for Shaun to think this fight is not going their way.

At the same time, OOC I'm here for the module.

I don't know what the module is about, but for my action this turn I'm considering pulling the ripcord and yoinking us the hell out of here. We would likely not make it back to the Kozy Kobweb, so if this module is about doing stuff here that would be it for the game.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? (especially @cailano's - without spoiling the module 🙂) Fight and likely die here (which might be the point for all I know), or skedaddle and see what happens?

I'm bringing this up in advance because I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, or force @cailano to invoke the 'ole "oh, that magic doesn't actually work here" trick 😄

3 hours ago, Cairo said:

By my count Chard is at 13 HP and has just failed two Fort saves, so is likely going to be even worse off. If he survives this round, he likely won't survive the next despite doing his level best to protect us. Shaun sees some of his other friends try to fight and fail. Ysabel's attack, while solid, mostly angered Ms. Alice. These creatures are a thing of nightmares.

That is to say, there's plenty IC reason for Shaun to think this fight is not going their way.

I don't know what the module is about, but for my action this turn I'm considering pulling the ripcord and yoinking us the hell out of here. We would likely not make it back to the Kozy Kobweb, so if this module is about doing stuff here that would be it for the game.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? (especially @cailano's - without spoiling the module 🙂) Fight and likely die here (which might be the point for all I know), or skedaddle and see what happens?

I'm bringing this up in advance because I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, or force @cailano to invoke the 'ole "oh, that magic doesn't actually work here" trick 😄

I wouldn't count on balanced encounters in DCC, especially not in DCC Horror.

There may or may not be constraints on moving around via magic. You guys haven't really figured out your environment yet in this game other than to learn weird and scary things are happening. After seeing the town outside the Kobweb, Shaun strongly suspects he isn't in Kansas anymore, so to speak.

And now Ms. Alice knows you've woken up.

My philosophy as a GM is to present the situation, describe it as best I can, and then run the NPCs in a manner consistent with their personalities and needs. Surviving the situation is really up to you guys.

8 hours ago, Cairo said:

Oooh, what spell are you planning on casting?