Yopine Quietclock

PixCO

Math never was my strong suit, thank you. I think I got a little too used to all the +2s 5e uses. She'll go Studded Leather over the chain shirt, and I was planning sword of some length plus a couple of throwing knives or darts.

Are you okay with her father leaving her a masterwork crossbow? Her mother really would make him build one for her, and she'd be using that as practice for the Crossbow Mastery feat I'm planning at 4th.

Druidic Focus? I'll have to search for that one unless you have a resource you could direct me towards? Bypassing material components is a priority achievement for any spellcaster. I would like to learn more.

And I missed the Background Tool Proficiencies. Thieves' Tools yes. And her mom certainly made her take music lessons, so that'll be the other on. Though with Chr as a dump stat, she most likely sold any lutes she might have inherited. Doesn't have the Performance proficiency for it anyway. Lack of Deception would make her an equally bad gambler.

I'll add a reasonable collection of potions, holy waters, and flaming oils later this morning and get her background fields completed. She should be about ready to go by this afternoon.

DnD_BasicRules_2018.pdf (wizards.com)

Page 50/51 of basic rules to find the items that are marked as druidic focuses (yes these rules are sourced from Wizards of the coast) and page 83 to explain various basic rules of spellcasting including the fact that non cost, non consumed material components for spells can be replaced by a focus or component pouch.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as Masterwork weaponry or armor in 5e, the weapon/armor is either non magical or magical. However considering your character's backstory, I could say that your father made you a +1 Hand Crossbow, this magical crossbow gives your attack roll and damage roll a boost by 1 and it will bypass certain monster's resistance to non magical damage (which does come up from time to time at the lower levels)

Also if you are going to equip your character with a crossbow, make sure you add crossbow bolts and a crossbow case to store them in

1 hour ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

DnD_BasicRules_2018.pdf (wizards.com)

Page 50/51 of basic rules to find the items that are marked as druidic focuses (yes these rules are sourced from Wizards of the coast) and page 83 to explain various basic rules of spellcasting including the fact that non cost, non consumed material components for spells can be replaced by a focus or component pouch.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as Masterwork weaponry or armor in 5e, the weapon/armor is either non magical or magical. However considering your character's backstory, I could say that your father made you a +1 Hand Crossbow, this magical crossbow gives your attack roll and damage roll a boost by 1 and it will bypass certain monster's resistance to non magical damage (which does come up from time to time at the lower levels)

Also if you are going to equip your character with a crossbow, make sure you add crossbow bolts and a crossbow case to store them in

Very much appreciated, thank you. Working on that now. A warrior-class with a Str of 10. This will be the first time in a while I've had to watch out for encumbrance. She'll have to travel light.

Encumbrance tends to be an optional rule, by 5e standard, you can carry up to 15 times your strength score and not have issues. You can always roleplay the encumbrance grumbling to yourself on why you insisted on packing your bag so heavily... but it's not going to affect you in game that much

33 minutes ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

Encumbrance tends to be an optional rule, by 5e standard, you can carry up to 15 times your strength score and not have issues. You can always roleplay the encumbrance grumbling to yourself on why you insisted on packing your bag so heavily... but it's not going to affect you in game that much

Explorer's pack comes with a Backpack. Handy. How much detail do you want on where things are located? Is Belt/Back good enough?

Yeah that's good enough, usually I don't get on people's cases too heavily for not having something out of a pack to use it but I like to imagine that if someone uses something often enough they will either have a spot on their pack or belt that can quickly give the weapon or item in question.

20 minutes ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

Yeah that's good enough, usually I don't get on people's cases too heavily for not having something out of a pack to use it but I like to imagine that if someone uses something often enough they will either have a spot on their pack or belt that can quickly give the weapon or item in question.

That works for me, thank you. I put her two bonus Disguise Self spells into her Cantrips. They're not, but they also don't take up spell slots so it seemed like a good place.

Page 72 doesn't mention Prof Bonus for Init. She's Prof in Dex, though. Does she apply her Prof Bonus to Init?

@BobtheWizard@SMARTAgentKC

This is probably as far as I'll be able to take Yopine today as someone just hosed our Tomcat machine and I have to go fix that. I'll get back to her later tonight if I can, otherwise it probably won't be until tomorrow. I apologize for that.

EDIT: Quick repost of her link for convenience: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2843270

Edited by PixCO
Link to the Sheeyt (see edit history)

@SMARTAgentKC

Yopine's sheet has been added to the game. Druidic focus is Totem amulet depicting Gelf Darkhearth's holy symbol, inlaid with bones carved from the hand of the man who killed her mother.

Yes, she has already been having adventures in my head and obtaining that was one of them. I also have her recruitment into the Gloom Hunters sketched out. Not intended for play, just something I need to get onto the sheet eventually.

I still have the open question on whether PB applies to Init for Dex Proficient characters, and putting in the Overland Speed seems silly until she picks up better transportation than comfortable boots. Otherwise I think her numbers are as complete as I know how to make them and she's ready for official review. Anything further would be detailing the background that I've already laid out here.

Please let me know if she's ready for play, or if anything else needs adjustment.

Thank you!

that's a no on proficiency bonus applying to Initiative because you are proficient in dex. The class only gives you proficiency in Dex Saves not the dex stat.

However your Gloom Stalkers 3rd level feature Dread Ambusher allows you to add your wisdom mod to your initiative roll basically giving you +6 to initiative (3 for dex, 3 for wis)

Also you can add your disguise self to your first level spells, technically speaking you can use it one for free per long rest via your race but then you can use your spell slots to cast it again if you need to

Your hand crossbow is technically a +6 to hit (Dex + PB + 1) and you get a plus 1 to the damage. Also in 5e you add your dex mod to range and finesse attacks so make sure to add 3 to the 1d6 damage

Also your HP should be 28 (12 + 8 + 8)

Other than that it looks like you are ready to go

47 minutes ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

that's a no on proficiency bonus applying to Initiative because you are proficient in dex. The class only gives you proficiency in Dex Saves not the dex stat.

However your Gloom Stalkers 3rd level feature Dread Ambusher allows you to add your wisdom mod to your initiative roll basically giving you +6 to initiative (3 for dex, 3 for wis)

Also you can add your disguise self to your first level spells, technically speaking you can use it one for free per long rest via your race but then you can use your spell slots to cast it again if you need to

Your hand crossbow is technically a +6 to hit (Dex + PB + 1) and you get a plus 1 to the damage. Also in 5e you add your dex mod to range and finesse attacks so make sure to add 3 to the 1d6 damage

Dread Ambusher isn't conditional or limited use? Was not expecting that, but I will happily add the value. Thank you.

Probably added PB to the HP twice. Sounds like something I'd do.

Not like me to forget magic bonuses, though. Probably because I'm not planning on having her use it yet. She's leaving the bolts at wherever she currently resides within her city, but bringing the xbow along to practice. So probably one bolt on her for that, but not like carried in an aggressive manner.

That's all been set. Ready to go when you are. Again, thanks to both you and @BobtheWizard for helping to piece this together.

1 hour ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

I think the short bow and hand crossbow should both be +7 to hit (Dex, PB, Archery Style) and 1d6+3 damage.

8 minutes ago, BobtheWizard said:

I think the short bow and hand crossbow should both be +7 to hit (Dex, PB, Archery Style) and 1d6+3 damage.

With an additional +1 on the xbow for the enchantment. Right. I'm going to have a hard time getting used to the Proficiency Bonus. I like it - I think it's a very streamlined reflection of how a character improves with experience. But it's going to take a minute to get used to.

Dex+PB for attack on the Finesse Weapon and Thrown. Just Dex on Dmg. That's been set.

Gloom stalker ranger is one of the better ranger subclasses all their features are useful in one way or another and has no limits on usage. Although a lot of their features excel better in the dark

Upon a final check i noted you put down that you had some keoghtom ointment... that item is technically an uncommon magic item in 5e and not in adventure gear

And yes Bob... I did give her character a plus 1 weapon as a special item from their background.

In fairness I'll allow you and black finch either a plus 1 weapon, or a common magic item of your choice but you must connect it to your characters backstory

Also if you two want to get anything else from the adventure gear, weapon, armor or tool list I allowed yopine free access to take what they want/need to use all their abilities and proficiencies.

I'll see about setting up your game sometime in the next couple of days