Paragraph Break After A Quote

Llyarden

Maybe I'm just missing something, but if you put a quote into a post at the very bottom of it, there doesn't seem to be any way in the WYSIWYG editor to add anything underneath that quote.

Not a big deal, since you can just put a <p/> in the source editor and go back to WYSIWYG, but a little irritating. Would it be possible to have some kind of hotkey (like, I dunno, Ctrl+Enter)...*tries it to see if it's already in use*

EDIT: Okay so Ctrl+Enter is apparently very much not a good suggestion because it just straight up posts the thing! 🤣

...*ahem* some kind of hotkey that is definitely not Ctrl+Enter that could escape a quote?

Edited by Llyarden (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Llyarden said:

Maybe I'm just missing something, but if you put a quote into a post at the very bottom of it, there doesn't seem to be any way in the WYSIWYG editor to add anything underneath that quote.

Not a big deal, since you can just put a <p/> in the source editor and go back to WYSIWYG, but a little irritating. Would it be possible to have some kind of hotkey (like, I dunno, Ctrl+Enter)...*tries it to see if it's already in use*

EDIT: Okay so Ctrl+Enter is apparently very much not a good suggestion because it just straight up posts the thing! 🤣

...*ahem* some kind of hotkey that is definitely not Ctrl+Enter that could escape a quote?

I just tested. If you go to the end of the quote, then hit enter twice it will add a line outside the quote.

I quoted, deleted the line after the quote so I had just the quote. Then it worked. Let me test something else.

1 minute ago, Inash said:

It worked for me just now. On PC or mobile?

Nope worked for me even with a line already in place after the quote. Weird.

I don't have a video capture utility handy at work. Let me test one more thing.

27 minutes ago, Inash said:

I quoted, deleted the line after the quote so I had just the quote. Then it worked. Let me test something else.

Nope worked for me even with a line already in place after the quote. Weird.

Nope, I actually can't get it to give me 2 lines in the quote unless I put non-space characters in each new line. I thought it might be related to the rate of hitting enter, but that didn't work. I can hit enter, go type a line somewhere else, go back and hit enter again and it puts me out of the quote block.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I'm not sure I have a good way to "fix" this, but one option is to put the additional line above the quote and then use the quote's + handle to drag it up above your empty line.

That works as long as there's something else in the post, but if there's nothing in the post except for a quote, I don't think it's possible to put an additional line above the quote any more than it is to put one below it?

4 minutes ago, Llyarden said:

That works as long as there's something else in the post, but if there's nothing in the post except for a quote, I don't think it's possible to put an additional line above the quote any more than it is to put one below it?

In that case, probably just as easy to recreate the quote, either by re-quoting or cut the quote/add some lines/paste.

Though I'm leery of making the toolbar too big, it's possible to create a button that will tack a blank paragraph to the end of the post.