Milena Viktorovna Sokolovskaya

Rudra

spacer.pngName: Milena Viktorovna Sokolovskaya

Distinguishing marks: Heterochromia, scar on nose

Profession: (former) Psychiatrist.

Medical records: diagnosis of schizophrenia (she disagree)

Description: A good looking woman of average build with a very unusual feature: she has heterochromia, from birth(she disagree).

Personality: She does look like someone suffering from a psychosis, whether she's truly schizophrenic or not is irrelevant, if the society think you are crazy, you are. Talking about alien beings and her demonic eye did not help her case.

While generally not aggressive she is dangerous, able and willing to use her medical knowledge to harm/manipulate others, this usually due to her delusions, she is a talented doctor but it's the kind of person you don't want to leave unsupervised.

Background: 

Milena had an happy life, she was married but without kids, neither her nor Ivan wanted them, they lived in Vitebsk and she worked at the central hospital as a psychiatrist, they lived a comfortable life.

Milena's studies focused on dreams, how dreams affect patients and how to help them, her almost obsessive research had a breakthrough when she stumbled on the Dreamworld, the real one, something she couldnt even describe, she continued her studies with even more determination.

Months later Milena mental health is slowly but steadily degrading, she spend a lot of time in the dreamworld and has expanded her studies to other , even crazier, fields, like psionics, it's no longer a scientific research but the rambling of a tin foil hat mad-woman.

Ivan try his best to help her wife but ultimately give up, their marriage suffer and they basically become roommates.

Milena's research finally bring some results! she get in contact with an inhabitant of the dream world, an entity she will later refer to as Dream-demon, this entity helped her explore the dreamworld, she was like a toddler and the entity taught her how to walk and how to speak, all was good.

Except said help came with a cost that our dear doctor didnt realize until late, she ended up killing Ivan during one of her dreaming sessions and then, to cover the murder, erased him. All of this had a price, an equal exchange, the entity took her left eye and replace it with another, a gift of the dream-demon.

Broken by the sense of guilt she did the only reasonable thing: went to the police, but since over half of whats written about are total lies the police felt it right to send her to a psychiatrist, who, due to Milena's aggressiveness and self-mutilation attempt, sent her to an asylum, in one of those cozy padded rooms to prevent patients from harming themselves.  

Ivan doesnt exist, never existed, Milena has never been married and her heterochromia is something she has since birth, her left eye is not a gift from a demon and attempting to remove it is not a reasonable idea , the dreamworld doesnt exist, nor do psionics.

She is diagnosed with schizophrenia, deemed dangerous to self and others, doomed to spend the better part of her life in an asylum of dubious quality with a daily dose of happy medicines. 

There the Foundation found her, luckily they were quite familiar with the entity in question, the one she call Dream-demon is an evil prankster with incredible power, many people have suffered similar or even worse fates, the foundation has retrieved so many switched body parts to not need Mrs Sokolovskaya's one.

The foundation helped her, even if just for their own interest, Milena knew and was fine with it, after all working in an asylum was incredibly difficult, how she's supposed to finish her research with all those noisy patients and incompetent doctors?!

The foundation hasnt been able(or didnt bother to) find evidence about Ivar, they cant tell if such man existed and has been erased or if it's part of Milena's delusions, the Foundation's medical staff has pointed out that Dr. Sokolovskaya is a few screws loose but functional enough to be fit for human experiments....i mean...D-class.

Foundation's medical staff suggestion: Do not leave Dr. Sokolovskaya alone with an easily suggestible individual

Character sheet

Str 10

Dex 10

Int 11 +20

Ht 12 +20

Will 14 +15

Advantages: language(english, native) +6, appearance(attractive) +4, Unusual background(special D-class), Zeroed, Contacts,Diplomatic immunity, Military rank(Foundation, D-class)

Perk: attribute substitution (hypnosis based on Will) +1, fearsome stare +1

Disadvantages: Enemy(dream demon, one person more powerful, watcher, 9 or less) -5 , Delusion(severe) -15, Obsession(research the real dreamworld, write a science book about it) -10 phantom voices(annoying) -5, sleepwalker -5, cowardice(15 or less) -5

Quirks: distinctive feature(eyes of different colors) -1, attentive -1, code of honor(professional, when writing) -1, proud -1, a bit cold with patients -1

Skills:(53)

Raise physician from Int+4 (campaign bonus) to Int+8 +16

Intimidation Will+1 (campaign bonus)

observation Per+3 (campaign bonus)

brawling dex+2 (campaign bonus)

Expert skill(psionics) Int-2 +1

Hypnotism Will +4

Occultism(specialization: dream related stuff) Int+1 +2 (use optional specialization)

Research Int-1 +1

Psychology Int+4 +20

Dreaming Will-1 +2

Meditation Will-2 +1

Computer operation Int +1

Swimming HT +1

Autohypnosis Will-2 +1

Sex appeal HT+1 +2 (include appearance)

Writing Int-1 +1

Defaults to remembers

Diagnosis (physician -4) skill 15

First aid (physician ) skill 19

Pharmacy(synthetic) (physician-5) skill 14

Physiology (physician-5) skill 14

Physician(psychiatric) (physician-4) skill 15

Poisons (physician-3) skill 16

Surgery (physician-5) skill 14

Veterinary (physician-5) skill 14

Interrogation (intimidation -3) skill 12

Propaganda(Psychology-4) Skill 11

Body language(psychology-4) skill 11

Criminology (psychology-4) Skill 11

Detect lies(psychology-4) skill 11

Sociology(psychology-4) skill 11

Shadowing(observation-5) Skill 9

Campaign bonuses:

crime & background skills: (non-combat) Physician (+4) (social) Intimidation(+1) (criminal) observation(+3) (combat) brawling(+2)

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

Backstory and character sheet are done, I think it's ready for review, minus equipment but to do that i need to have an idea of the budget (i doubt the foundation will let a D-class go around with 100k+ worth of gear😁)

On 10/31/2023 at 11:17 AM, Rudra said:

Backstory and character sheet are done, I think it's ready for review, minus equipment but to do that i need to have an idea of the budget (i doubt the foundation will let a D-class go around with 100k+ worth of gear😁)

I just thought of it, your approved for sure, but did you make a kit of basic gear? like TL 6 or 7 assault rifle, a pistol, Radio all that? Ill just make a universial kit for those who don't customize it. Im oard I got the time

I can make a kit for basic gear (but are you sure about tl 6-7 assault rifles? tl 6 is late 1800, tl7 is WW2-cold war, i believe the Foundation would use at least tl8 equipment 😄 )

Btw, funny note, Gurps 4th consider 2025 the beginning of tl9 so, in less than two years, we will be ultratech

However i'll need some information, even a vague idea for the budget, a kit under 10k is one thing, under 50k is another, i'll also need a purpose(the universal kit should include survival equipment ? climbing gear? snow equipment? rations? night ops? is my character supposed to carry all the items of the kit?)

Note: this is kind of a meta choice, i'm picking what -i- would chose for my character, not what my character would ask, mainly because she wouldnt ask for firearms

Milena starting kit

1k for firearms

Remington model 870, sawed-off 6.85lbs 330$

18xBarricate penetrating tear gas ammo 1.8lbs 27$

Walther leuchtpistole 1.8lbs 480$

163$ spent on a variety of ammo(illumination, smoke, tear gas and, if allowed explosives, HE and HE-Ab rounds)

1k for electronic gear

MX-animal taser 1.1lbs 400$

handheld cassette recorder 0.5lbs 10$

high capacity small computer with datapad and data scanning pen 0.55lbs 310$

cellphone 0.5lbs 100$

gadget wristwatch with gps and 1gb pendrive 175$ weight neg

1k for non electronic gear

ballistic sunglasses 35$ weight neg

earplugs 1$ weight neg

2 gas masks 500$ 4lbs

crash kit 200$ 10lbs

small tactical light 100$ 0.25lbs

(waterproof/windproof) cigarette lighter 30$ weight eg

covert survival kit 100$ 0.5lbs

34$ worth of medical drugs(for reference morphine cost 1$ x dose )

On 11/6/2023 at 11:58 AM, Rudra said:

Note: this is kind of a meta choice, i'm picking what -i- would chose for my character, not what my character would ask, mainly because she wouldnt ask for firearms

Milena starting kit

1k for firearms

Remington model 870, sawed-off 6.85lbs 330$

18xBarricate penetrating tear gas ammo 1.8lbs 27$

Walther leuchtpistole 1.8lbs 480$

163$ spent on a variety of ammo(illumination, smoke, tear gas and, if allowed explosives, HE and HE-Ab rounds)

1k for electronic gear

MX-animal taser 1.1lbs 400$

handheld cassette recorder 0.5lbs 10$

high capacity small computer with datapad and data scanning pen 0.55lbs 310$

cellphone 0.5lbs 100$

gadget wristwatch with gps and 1gb pendrive 175$ weight neg

1k for non electronic gear

ballistic sunglasses 35$ weight neg

earplugs 1$ weight neg

2 gas masks 500$ 4lbs

crash kit 200$ 10lbs

small tactical light 100$ 0.25lbs

(waterproof/windproof) cigarette lighter 30$ weight eg

covert survival kit 100$ 0.5lbs

34$ worth of medical drugs(for reference morphine cost 1$ x dose )

Works for me, make it that an instructor during the selection process picked it for her options and all.