OOC chat (that isn't character creation questions)

Penchant

Zen has the healer's hands feat..

She can treat deadly wounds as a full round action at the full bonus.. so healing wise, she's blindingly fast. She can do this more than once a day on each recipient. If her roll beats the DC by 10, she gets to add ranks in knowledge planes, or 7, to the amount healed. She's also got a Healer's Satchel: A collection of continually renewing bandages, medicines, and herbs. It acts as a healer’s kit, w/ spent uses renewed each day. Spending 2 uses from the satchel to treat deadly wounds (Boline makes this 1) she gets to add her Wis bonus (+4) to hp restored. If she beats the DC by 5 or more, this is 2 × Wis (+8) hp restored. The satchel provides +4 circumstance bonus on Heals to treat poisons and provide first aid (does not stack with the normal +2 circumstance bonus for using a healer’s kit).

When I tried to imagine what this looked like. I imagined esoteric stainless steel, or brass, tools, like the ones Johnny Depp's Ichabod Crane pulled out of a bag in Sleepy Hollow. I'm imagining injectors, intricate clamps. :)

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

So...

Treat Deadly Wounds gives you back your level in hit points so 7 for company members, she gets to to add her knowledge planes ranks to that, another 7 making it 14, then if she beats the DC by 5, she gets to add her wisdom, which is 4, on top making it 19. If she beats it by 10 she gets to add Wis again, which makes it 23. She probably does get called Doc a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

1/ I hadn't gone to roll20 (I would have moved my token otherwise). I suppose I have to get more disciplined about that!
(But it's extra work! 😅 Though much less sexy, I think I actually prefer Google Sheets maps.
Still, I appreciate the DM putting work into maps.)

2/ Odd that mechanical creatures have poison!
Let's see what the effects are.

I just came out of a fight in another game that I mostly spent nauseated by swarms, so I appreciate Kelly saving against Distraction, at least the 1st time.

[Swarms, the DMs' favourite quirky, hard-to-fight monsters since 1978!]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...