Group 2 OOC

Anthr4xus

I am unsure what to do with Kain at the moment. He knows they are charmed but doesn't have the knowledge or magic to help. Unless it breaks down into a fight he is more or less just guarding the group from a possible outside threat.

Just letting you know I am still here, just not sure what to post is all lol

It should be noted that the only real impact of the charm on you is forced friendliness and trust. You all can obviously decide to pack up and move on at any time, or you can continue to pump Oma for information. Alternatively you could try to goad her into attacking you all somehow.

I thought about trying to goad an attack, but I wasn't sure how that might come across to those she has charmed. If they feel friendly to her, but neutral to Kain, as they all just met, then would they not feel a bit like they should aid her, or failing that, not get involved?

5e changed how certain rules apply and certain spell effects work, and also DM ruling is to be taken into account here I think. Either way, Kain will for now continue to look foreboding in the door and hopefully keep Oma from doing anything else.

From an outsider perspective, I'm not sure what's stopping the group just moving on after eating. To the Charmed Oma is clearly friendly and pleasant company who offered warm food in the awful weather, but you were headed to Silbervas so now it's time to continue on your journey. That's neither a rude nor inappropriate way to treat a friendly acquaintance - Tysh has even paid in kind for the meal with a blessing and Harin with a song.

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

I'm still here. I'm just waiting for someone to try to break the charm spell(s). I know no one wants to do anything to the party, short of attacking, but if the spell isn't broken, and Oma can keep casting it, then we aren't going anywhere. From my point of view as a player, just go for it. As stated above, if someone who isn't charmed can get Oma to attack someone, then we can resolve this and move. Or cast Dispel Magic, which I'm assuming that no one has.

You all have played it just right. No notes. Now it's just a question of how long do you want to just hang around possibly pumping Oma for information (although she obviously does not travel much) or chilling before you hit the road.

so... an idea has struck me and I can't shake it now...

Zombies in massive hoards spawn every full moon, so every 28 days or so and they swarm over the lands to the area with the most people right? But... they also attack anything living... Stay with me here... Hence Zombie bears.

Would this not also explain the lack of animal noises? Zombies are able to move forever, but living animals only for a short while so the zombies would have eventually caught up to and eaten most animals in the surrounding woods right? Put a pin in this now for a moment.

Harin was stripped down and set aside too, and its very possible the cleaver is used to butcher, and might have been used on Harin if we hadn't come along when we did right? Another Pin here

Blood bread is also a thing and it comes out dark and a little nutty as well and human flesh is lean and looks like either beef or Venison, but tastes like pork, and mint goes well with pork...

All together, how much do we want to bet that food was made with some other adventurer or some poor lost soul?

Just using bits and pieces here, but Kain might just use investigation and perception to see if there looks to be any other out of place gear, anything a little too new for someone who doesn't travel, or perhaps some other remains hidden away that look human-ish...

Edited by FelixFaust (see edit history)

On 12/7/2023 at 9:19 PM, Anthr4xus said:

Everybody doing ok? We've had a sudden dead week, which always makes me nervous.

Admittedly, I did have a really disruptive situation later last week that required me to focus on things outside of the game. Everything is okay, it just shifted my focus significantly for a short while. I also wanted to allow the situation to breathe - I don't want to dominate interactions with over-posting.

Hope everyone else is doing well! The holiday season can be really taxing.

Depends on if you are just looking them over for anything that may have stuck or been stuck to them (seeds, ribbons, leaves, fetishes, etc.) or if you are seeing if they are showing signs of poisoning or other influence directly from the food. Just looking for marks, riders, or things added to their person would be Perception. Looking for impacts due to what they ate would be Medicine.