Group 2 OOC

Anthr4xus

She'd be looking for signs of anything that might be wrong with her party members, like illness or extreme/debilitating fatigue, but it's not specifically tied to the food. She doesn't tie Harin's strange sleepiness to Oma, necessarily, but does think they all may be suffering consequences of their strange Mist encounter. Tysh may question the sanitary conditions there (including the food), but she wouldn't think that Oma intentionally did anything to them. I guess it would be a Medicine check, since she's evaluating their health and wellness.

Edit: I rolled a 17 for a Medicine check.

Edited by jrsey (see edit history)

On 12/19/2023 at 6:29 AM, Anthr4xus said:

Tysh took a few moments to look over her companions. All of them seemed generally well and most even seemed in good spirits despite the increasing rain. Raven and Harin in particular looked well-fed and refreshed. None of them seemed particularly worse off than they had in the inn the night before.

Scarby and Kain took a moment to pull some of the waste from the midden hole. It was a mix of bones and other scrap waste. Almost every bone was broken or snapped, the marrow siphoned from it. Several of the bones were oddly softened and splintered, signs of having been boiled for an extended period. Their poor and worked condition makes identification of the original species difficult, although it was clear enough that there were certainly humanoid bones in the mix.

OOC

The way I'm reading this scene is that the majority of the group is gathering themselves to head back to the road, more or less around where Kain's retainers were kind of hiding, outside of direct view of the hovel as a whole. Kain and Scarby have just pulled a couple big handfuls (as I don't think anyone has a shovel or anything) of broken bones and rot from the midden hole. Tysh is with the group looking everyone over and Haakon is between the two groups, waiting to talk to Scarby but not wanting to be that close to the stinking garbage Kain and Scarby are digging out. If I'm picturing it wrong, feel free to clarify in a post.

For Scarby or Kain to identify more about about the bones, I would need a medicine or nature check.

I think it would be more horrific if Scarby and Haakon's conversation happen right around when the charm fizzles. If it fizzles.

18 minutes ago, FelixFaust said:

but it is the highest I could have gotten

Quite true! I didn't mean to belittle your success, I just thought you expected an auto-success - it's a someone common misconception. I was casually reading on my phone, I replied hastily from my phone without giving it much thought, which I shouldn't have done. My apologies!

(And happy holidays while we're there!) :)

Seems Scarby's words are only for Kain, for now- perhaps they can use the midden bones to convince us that our friendly acquaintance is indeed evil. If Kain reacts to Scarby's stomach growling and starts shouting about us traveling with a cannibal, that's a whole different direction.