Character Creation Rules

The Eyeball Kid

1. Create a thread in this folder titled: Character Name, Race Class Level. Mark it "WIP" while working on it and "Ready for Review" when you're ready for me to take a look at it.
  2. You will be creating an 11th level character.
  3. Application Format: Any you want. You can make it as fancy as you like if that's your thing, but it doesn't have to be. If accepted I will ask you to make and maintain a Myth-Weavers character sheet and attach it to the game. These are going to get complicated given the level and, unfortunately, a lot will probably not make it into the game. Given the power level I am going to want to see a build, but you don't have to spell out the details of every ability, power and spell for me, you can give me a bare bones listing of the choices you are making for the character. I'm also completely fine with working out, and reviewing, the narrative portion of your character concept to make sure we have something we can work with before you dive into the crunch.
  4. Stats: You can roll 4d6 six times, dropping the lowest, and assign the rolls as you wish or use a 27 point point-buy. If you don't like your rolls you can have one re-roll and then switch to point-buy if you're still not happy with the result.
  5. Hit Points: Max at first level, roll or take the average for the rest. You can do a mixture of these (five levels rolled, five average, for example). If you roll and roll a 1 or 2 you can re-roll it but if you roll low again, you're stuck with it.
  6. Allowed Races: Any official race is fine. If it shows up in multiple sources, use the most recent. You can customize your lineage and I'll consider races customized per Tasha's, though I'd probably rather not without a compelling reason. Variant Human is fine.
  7. Allowed Classes: Any official class and archetype. Multiclassing is allowed.
  8. Allowed Backgrounds: Any official background is fine. I might also consider third party material for this as long as the class feature is comparable to the official ones. I saw this elsewhere and I'm going to try something a bit different than I usually do. Rather than banning backgrounds that give feats or spells, I'm going to say that if your background doesn't provide a feat or a spell list you can take a feat for free, with the following restriction:
    1. No feats that grant a +1 to an attribute.
    2. No -5/+10 feats
    3. No Lucky or Polearm Master
  9. Alignment: As long as you can work with others, any is fine. Being evil (and especially continuing to be evil) will put you at a slight disadvantage in the end game.
  10. Equipment: Per background and class. You can sell unwanted equipment for half-price. You also get an additional 7500gp and either a very rare magic item and an uncommon one, or two rare magic items, subject to my approval. You can buy magic items with your gold, though only rare or lower and only one additional rare item. And, unfortunately, there's not a pricing guide that I like consistently, so you're just going to have to ask me about prices. A list will be compiled here. Wizards can buy scrolls and scribe them in their spellbook; details can be found here.
  11. Appearance / Personality: Give me a paragraph for each in addition to (or expanding on) Personality/Ideals/Bonds/Flaws. A picture would be nice but not required.
  12. Adventure Hook: Either someone you care about has been ensnared in sin and signed a contract with Asmodeus (see Lost Souls) or you yourself have (see Souls of the Damned). In either event this poor unfortunate soul has been murdered before they could fulfill their end of the bargain and, per their contract, has been damned to Hell. Choose one of the entries, modify one to fit your character, or come up with your own entirely.
  13. Character History: You're eleventh level so you'll have had quite the storied life up until now. Given the number of applications I'm likely to get, I can't read all about it, fascinating though I'm sure it is. Give me the highlights, focusing on your most significant deeds, perhaps how you acquired one of your magic items or a particularly significant foe/achievement. Tell me about how you came to Asmodeus' attention, how and why he courted you as well as how you resisted his temptations (or didn't). Tell me about your relationship with the lost soul you chose (or how you lost your own).

The Sins

Sins to the Self

• Anger The sin of anger fuels wrath, vengeance, and inner turmoil. It takes root in Avernus, the domain of the archdevil Zariel.
  • Greed This sin leads to a life of accumulating wealth and sharing very little—a sin nurtured in Minauros, the domain of the archdevil Mammon.
  • Jealousy The jealous are never satisfied with what they have. Phlegethos, the domain of the archdevils Belial and Fierna, is where jealousy thrives.
  • Pride Some say that this is the original sin which led to all other sins and is the sin that led to the fall of Asmodeus and thus is his domain.

Sins to the Other

• Betrayal Betraying a loved one, a god, or a sovereign can damn one’s soul to Stygia, the domain of the archdevil Levistus.
  • Deceit Lying that leads to harm is, like Maladomini, the domain of the archdevil Baalzebul.
  • Harm Mutilating or torturing an enemy is wicked work that warms the ice-cold heart of Mephistopheles, the archdevil who presides over Cania.
  • Murder Killing an innocent or family member is evil business that comes home to roost in Dis, the domain of the archdevil Dispater.
  • Oppression Unjustly imprisoning enemies and denying their freedom is the devil’s work and reflective of Malbolge, the domain of the archdevil Glasya.

• 2 weeks later...

Mister Mephistopheles' Emporium of Magical Marvels

mrm.jpg.3ff028ca3c5426d75435fbed7c626ebc.jpg

The Forbidden Section

• Amulet of the Planes
  • Probably not going to allow the Horn of Valhalla
  • Manual of Golems

Price List

Alchemy Jug (uncommon) 200 gp
All Purpose Tool, +1 (uncommon) 400 gp
All Purpose Tool, +2 (rare) 4500 gp
Amulet of the Devout, +1 (uncommon) 425 gp