Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Discussion

Cointhief

Is it reasonable that Lazuli would have the THP up at the beginning of the battle? I intended to have them activate them before any short rest, at the least, throughout the day, so if that was allowed they would have THP but not activated spores at the beginning of the battle, but I wanted to check before I made that assumption.

Posted (edited)

@DM-Tareth With Lou out of the team, let me slightly change your laser cat boon. Before, it cost 2 PC actions and needed 2 13+ results (roughly a 25% chance of success accounting for wisdom mods but not Inspiration or other advantage).

New form, it consumes your turn (action, bonus, and move), and is DC 16. This is about the same chance of success.

edit: Yay late night math. Nearly all of that is wrong on second glance. No, that would double your chance. DC 19 would be roughly the same chance.

2 rolls: 100 ways to roll 2 13+ with +3 mod. 100/400= 25%

single roll with mod, keeping same chance: 5 ways to roll 19+ = 5/20 = 25%

Edited by Cointhief (see edit history)

If there are still sounds of fighting from below, then that is where Yahs would go after she knows Celsior is awake and she conducts a quick search of the two giffs for anything useful or identifying. Unless their ship is here. Did they arrive on a ship? If so, then it would make more sense to check that out.

Edited by DM-Tareth (see edit history)

At a quick glance the giff are both carrying muskets, ammo, grenades, space sabers (longswords), and climbing kits.

They repelled down to you from a dropship, yes. The same damselfly Lazuli and Celsior spotted before the star lancer attack. After dropping these 2 giff here, it peeled away to another part of the tower (the brig where Miken is being detained) and deposited another force which is now (by the sounds of intense combat and witnessing people fall to their death etc) assaulting the Academy defenses.

Okay, so Yahs would grab the grenades since they seemed pretty effective and a climbing kit. As for what next, is the ship we were on completely out of commission or just badly damaged? If we could use it to get us close to the damselfly, then we might be able to cut off their escape. That could be quicker than running down into the academy, but might be more dangerous given the ship's damage could cause flight or control issues.

Badly damaged, not out of commission. It would take an hour to attune to the Flighty Foundling's helm, unless you tracked down the last jammer.

Rolling for grenades here...

Name
Grenades found
1d4 1

On the tyrant ship, yes. The Flighty Foundling (this hammerhead you studied in orientation and commanded in the simulator) then came and picked you all up like a ferry between orbit and ground.

Lazuli can make good berries, I think, so Celsior can get more healing on the way. Out of shapeshifting actions, though, until another short rest, so down to regular old hp