Orientation (Part 1)

Cointhief

spacer.pngCelsior Loriniscil, Prince of Alfheim

Inspiration Yes | HP 8/8 | HD 1/1 | Step 1/2 | Shield 0/1

Recovery 1/1 | 1st-level 0/2

Celsior feels vindicated when sexy Lazuli exits the armoir.

Breathing a sigh of relief, the prince gestures and points at each of the creatures. Purple motes of energy fly from his finger and slam into each of the creatures.

Mechanics

Action Cast Magic Missile

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)
Name
Magic Missile 1
1d4+1 1
Magic Missile 2
1d4+1 3
Magic Missile 3
1d4+1 1

"Lou" Louis Dufray (Goblin Ranger) sheetspacer.png

AC: 16 | HP: 6/12 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 17 | Features

Lou fends off two of the attacks but the third gets through his leather armor. He drops his bow, draws his dagger and tries to attack the remaining creatures in the swarm.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Scimitar
Off Hand: Dagger

Action: Attack with scimitar
Move: none

Manipulate: draw dagger

Bonus Action: attack with dagger

Gnarley's Knack: You have Advantage on the next roll you make regarding ship repairs or ship weaponry.

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)
Name
CON check
1d20+2 16
Scimitar
22; 9
1d20+5;1d6+3 [17]; [17,6]
Dagger
16; 1
1d20+5;1d4 [11]; [11,1]

Plasmoid.jpg.2a97192db590b36ed168657a4f2abba8.jpgYahs Anirys Plasmoid Monk 1 CG

AC: 16 | HP: 7/9 | HD: 1/1 | PP: 13 | Inspiration: Yes | Speed: 30 ft
Str 11 (0) Dex 16 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 16 (3) Int 11 (0) Cha 9 (-1)

Attacks: Spear (P)1d20+5;1d6+3 | Unarmed(B) 1d20+5;1d4+3 | Sling(B)1d20+5;1d4+3 | Quarterstaff-Mop(B) 1d20+5;1d6+3
Magic: Sacred Flame (DEX vs DC13; 1d8) | Shield of Faith(Bonus; +2AC)

Heartened by the reappearance of Lazuli and Lou's joining the pod-to-claw fray, Yahs continues to press the attack in an attempt to finish off the nasty hatchlings. Snapping off a quick parry with her mop she stretches her left radial pod just a bit further, giving the length of cleanser infused oak just a few inches more reach. A quick moment later she sucker punches the hatchling with a quickly formed pod that jumps out from her midsection. Quick, efficient, effective. She thinks with each blow. Just like it says in the book. Then her eyes drift to the glamorously reinvigorated Lazuli. But it's all meaningless if I can't get my hair section to maintain that same Farrah Fawcet Feathered Formation.

Mop Attack

Martial Attack

Edited by DM-Tareth (see edit history)
Name
Mop Attack
13; 6
1d20+5;1d6+3 [8]; [8,3]
Martial Attack
15; 6
1d20+5;1d4+3 [10]; [10,3]

Stumbling from his spit and disheveledness, Mirt finally throws a fist down on a wall-switch, activating an ear-splitting alarm. The fatigued financial officer winces in pain as the sound sunders his queasy, fuzzy-headed state...the worst of the consequences of this rude awakening, all things considered.

A barrage of purple, heart-seeking missiles bludgeon the hatchlings...proving on some philosophical level they even have such an organ, along with causing one of them to stop beating entirely. The cadets gang up on the remaining intruders, matching the efficiency of their earlier simulation in rending the threat inert. As the aliens stumble from the magical force, Yahs makes an Attack of Mopportunity, flooring another of the creatures with a wet and wild slap of her stick: a clean hit. Louis and Hot-Squishy double team the remaining unrelenting eel-spider...it gets beaten, it gets slashed, it gets pierced. The resulting coagulation of dead carcasses are stepped on and shot for extra assurance. As the hissing from slit throats and abdomens lose steam, and the bubbling, popping venomous gutty-fluids finally stop undulating, the team can finally breathe relief and savor the hard fought victory. 

A thunder of booted feet approach from the hallway. The extra sonic pounding finally triggers Mirt's already hair-thin patience, sending him into a rage "Bah! Someone trying to snuff me out, eh!? Who would dare...damnit I swear heads are gonna roll! Grrr...the outrage!" Like an orchestral conductor, Mirt's fists guide the heavy metal anguish inside, beating the air in patterns of fury.

A squad of security officials charge inside with their pseudo-vorpal blades drawn and utterly useless having arrived a half-minute too late.

Combat Over.

Edited by Cointhief (see edit history)

Celsior breathes a sigh of relief when the creatures are all sauced. It feels very much like an assassination attempt that his crew stumbled into the middle. Luckily, they were here when the crate was open. Otherwise, Mirt might have faced them all alone.

After Mirt's outrage and the arrival of the security officials, there is a brief calm of hyper ignorance. The prince sheathes his rapier and steps forward. "Sir? Cadet Celsior reporting. With specific orders from Tarto, we delivered this wood crate to you. It was addressed For Mirt. Tarto turned our blue gemstones gold to give us access to the bridge and especially advised us not to open the crate."

Mechanics

Action -

AC: 16 | HP: 9/9 | HD: 1/1 | PP: 13 | Inspiration: Yes | Speed: 30 ft

Attacks: Spear (P)1d20+5;1d6+3 | Unarmed(B) 1d20+5;1d4+3 | Sling(B)1d20+5;1d4+3 | Quarterstaff-Mop(B) 1d20+5;1d6+3
Magic: Sacred Flame (DEX vs DC13; 1d8) | Shield of Faith(Bonus; +2AC)

With the final expiring gurgle of the last naogi hatchling, Yahs lets herself relax for a moment only to tense up again when the security team comes bumbling in waving their vorpal blades and hand disintegrators around the room. Squishing herself out of the line of direct fire, she is perfectly content to let Celsior take the lead in explaining the mess. While he's doing just that, Yahs slips over to the wardrobe and Lazuli.

"So...ehh...do you have to be...ummm...dead to get one of those makeovers?" She asks. An eye stalk emerges from her forehead to better examine the outer confines of the wardrobe while another moves in and blinks soggily at the details of her remade companion.

image.png.7ac92740eccf8158a6911eb5235687a0.pngStill rubbing his temples from the head-splitting alarm still blazing through the halls, the Old Wolf nonetheless takes the facts as reported by Celsior "Boatswain had the crate, eh? Hmm, I suppose that makes sense...Sim Deck is where I was supposed to be, had I not been...under the weather." tidying up a few empty casks of Blackstaff, Tyche Pink, Eigersstor Noblerot and...well more than a few. "And them helmets, now that's just standard procedure. Na, I'd trust Tarto with my life...plenty of other space scoundrels got it out for me." Glancing over the crate "Now, how that damn box got from Sky Dock to the Sim chambers without anyone smelling a brood o' hungry Ka'jk'ers..." the security officials collectively gulp as the Merciless' eyes linger upon them accusingly "...that's somethin' we'll have to 'study', ain't it?"

*CrSH*

Another brief tense moment as some priceless crystal shatters near the octopus tanks where Cadet Popsicle lingers. "*sigh* So we're letting dohwar into the fleet these days, eh..."

"S-s-sorry...I thought we were still throwing things." comes the bird's indefensible response.

Luckily the incoming old timey bigoted rant is evaded by the appearance of Master Blip, your Autognome Quartermaster, at the door. Something about its bronze mustache is different, whimpering down like a dog's tail while even the ember eyes seem sunken in their sockets *Zzz-Sir, there's been an attack!*

"We know you short-circuited scrap heap, luckily these cadets-"

*No! It appears the disturbance in your quarters was just a diversion for more burglaries! The probability of these two events being a coincidence is 234,992,021 to 1. The thief has struck again!* There is something overly automated at Blip's exaggerated body motions that somehow give it a farcical quality.

As Mirt grumbles about these new facts, Yahs edges closer towards WhimsiChic's extradimensional lair, and Mirt finally resigns "Aye, and I'd say yer mate could use a refresh too..." glancing over at the fallen Nazira, his eyes pop suddenly at the green glamour on her vest "...Emerald Commendation, eh? Damn, what a waste." Straightening his Waterdhavian hat "You cadets deserve somethin' more for what you did here. This is a lot before even your first real day at the Academy begins..."

*But Sir, the thefts!*

"I heard ye, Blip. Let's get these Orientation cadets squared away and we can chat all about it, as Officers. You cadets want a turn with the WhimsiChic, that be fine with me...them red jumpsuits are damn near a crime." He grabs a small leather pouch off the fireplace, producing a few nuggets of gold and crackling them in his fingers. Slowly he hands out a gold nugget to each of you, reluctantly including Popsicle "...and a little something extra for yer discretion on me personal habits. *ahem*" He plumps up a tad, adding a windy disposition about the Fleet and its imperatives likely recited a thousand times before concluding "...Toril is an island adrift in a sea of chaos. She must be protected at all costs...oooh, is that cake?" noticing a handsome breakfast platter near the door.

Feel free to continue questioning, rolling history on Mirt, using the wardrobe, anything else, etc. But after a few questions/actions you all are soon ordered to hand over your security helmets and dismissed to quarters shortly after.

hotLazuli.jpg.c0589384e1ed7525a358afb5e134acf0.jpgLazuli Lazali Lulura, AKA Squishy AC 17 | HP 11/11 | HD 1/1 | Inspiration Yes | P.Perception 15

Saves: Str -1 | Dex +3 | Con +1 | Int +2 | Wis +5 | Cha +0

Resistances: Acid and Poison

The plasmoid retracts her peg leg back into her body, and oozes sexily over to the crate. She steps over the crowbar, but a pseudopod picks it up and pulls it back into her body as well. "Yes. Well, then," her voice purrs, huskily. "We should wake Nazira back up, and, well, think of all we have learned, I suppose."

Actions

Move: -

Action: -

Bonus: -

Reaction: -

Celsior continues to recover his princely demeanor accepting the gold nugget with royal appreciation.

The prince casually gets close to Mirt and speaks softly that only his crew can hear but not the security officials, "Mirt, we've also heard about the thefts. Many people are talking about them. Would you have any leads? Would you want our crew to quietly investigate anything? They really must be stopped."

Mechanics

Action Buy Studded Leather armor with the 50 gp gold nugget with 5 gp change back

"Lou" Louis Dufray (Goblin Ranger) sheetspacer.png

AC: 16 | HP: 6/12 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 17 | Features

Lou lets Celsius volunteer us for more work that will ether keep us from a ship, or gain us recognition to get on one sooner. He's not sure which so he doesn't interrupt. Instead, he looks around the room to see if anything else is out of the ordinary.

Then he suggests we investigate the crime we know of as well.

"We also should track the box backwards. Go to those who gave it to us, then see who gave it to them. And keep going until we find a discrepancy. Someone set us up and tried to kill the Old Wolf here."

Mechanics

Main Hand: Shortbow
Off Hand: none

Action: Perception
Move: none

Manipulate: none

Bonus Action: none

Gnarley's Knack: You have Advantage on the next roll you make regarding ship repairs or ship weaponry.

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+7 18

AC: 16 | HP: 7/16 | HD: 2/2 | PP: 13 | Inspiration: Yes | Speed: 40 ft | GP: 60

Magic: Sacred Flame (DEX vs DC13; 1d8) | Shield of Faith(Bonus; +2AC) | Ki Pool: 2/2

Seeing Nazira is still lying on the floor unconscious, Yahs slips over and carries the paladin over to the wardrobe so it can work its magic upon her poisoned comrade. Waiting for the warrior's safe return, she peruses her spotty memory for any rumors or other bits she may have picked up about the Old Wolf and how he managed to gain such as highly placed position within the Fleet or really even just a bit more about who he is.

INT(History)

Name
INT(History)
1d20 7

As the plasmoids load up Nazira for her fun fashion makeover (and return to sweet, sweet consciousness) Yahs has a brief memory which feels unlike her own. She recalls a short list of names, like one she had known by heart at one point or the other...Ravengard, Hornblade, Mertonius, Silverhand. All mercenery generals or otherwise authorities of the Sword Coast that could potentially payout on public bounties. Why Yahs Anirys who for so long drifted in outer space not even knowing whether to describe herself as 'flotsam' or 'jetsam', why that hag-faced (truly unlovable) bundle of phytochemicals who only recently heard 'Sword' and 'Coast' describe the same concept, why the pencil-munching mop-slapper nonetheless possesses such nuggets of information is a total mystery.

Lou and Celsior try to overstep their rank, but Blip interjects immediately *Oh no, no, no. That would be terribly improper. You cadets are among the prime suspects and should have nothing to do with the investigation at all. BrrZZZtTt-* Suddenly a spark of electric St. Elmos fire surrounds the autognome's face like a lion's mane *Voice Datalogue 4673 irreparably destroyed. Activating backup Voice Datalogue 4674.*Click* ... *Weeeeellll, daggum, what in tar-hooty...now don't go raisin' a ruckus. If yer as innocent as a newborn lamb like ye says, best steer clear and not be muckin' up our boots. This investigation's gonna run smoother than a snake in silk pajamas, but with you varmints stickin' your noses around it'll be like tryin' to catch a tumbleweed in a thunderstorm...* Bzzt BLAM* A final spark seems to accentuate this sentiment, whether intended or not.

Mirt weighs in, as if the sudden voice change were a completely normal occurrence "Quartermaster's right. You lot better stay away from it for now. Before you give me a fuss, of course based on what I saw just now you're innocent...but you were the last ones with the box and that's a fact. You might've been unknowingly involved somehow. Let us sort it out. You'll have enough on your plate with tomorrow's simulation...and besides you're slotted for your first off-world mission the day after next come hells or high water. No, best to just let us handle it..."

Louis scans the room for anything else out of the ordinary, and besides Popsicle being halfway engorged by the black octopus across the room, a fragment from the crate catches his little goblin eye. At first it seems like just a weird knot in the wood planks, or some blemish, some mistake of the miller...on closer look though it could be half of a badge or mark, some sort of symbol etched in the wood. Unfortunately, the corrosive fluids of the neogi eggsacs and their thousand tiny scratch marks of escape have rendered it incomplete...a few vague strokes at most.

hotLazuli.jpg.c0589384e1ed7525a358afb5e134acf0.jpgLazuli Lazali Lulura, AKA Squishy AC 17 | HP 11/11 | HD 1/1 | Inspiration Yes | P.Perception 15

Without drawing undue attention to herself, and while outwardly looking at some of the artwork in the room, Lazuli wanders over to Popsicle. She may or may not have a nagogi hatchling corpse floating about her insides, concealed under her armor.

"Hey, there, Popsicle, buddy. Doing a little fishing?"

Actions

Popsicle spins a dubious yarn "Yes fishing indeed. With my trusty rod at the ready and a bucket of chum that granted has seen better days, I set out to conquer the mysterious waters of this Tank Squidumbra. Undeterred by the ghost fisherman cadets that haunt these very walls, who spoke in hushed tones about extra strong suction cups, who spoke of abyssal curses drawn in tentacle shaped sigils, those very same seaman specters who always spoke soft, warning tones about the perils of seeking this thrice-damned black octopus..." The little bird wriggles and slaps its flipper as the equally sized octopus gobbles up another half-inch of feathers "*eh* ...nonetheless I sailed into these unforgiving waters with no regrets. As the last embers of Mirt's fireplace cast only shadows into the churning, hostile sea...an eerie glow lingered upon the surface like oil. A sure-tale sign of mating season, when the beast is at its most vulnerable. Excited by this development, I teased my lure, and behold! I have only but to give a quick turn of the tables and the monster shall be ensnared." Popsicle holds up a finger while it digs around in a pocket, producing a small cigarette and lighting it up. The cadet takes a long drag, savoring the flavor. "...But riddle me this. Would I truly want to? Perhaps this black octopus merely wants to teach me a lesson about the mysteries that lie beneath the surface of our seemingly mundane world. Should I not rather grant my hunt a mix of awe and trepidation it is rightfully owed, instead sailing back to the horizon forever changed by the encounter?" 

DC 16 Insight: Popsicle is straight up dying and needs help desperately.

Name
Deception
1d20 16

Lazuli shrugs, an interesting exercise for a plasmoid, which seems to take up her entire, oh so sexy, body.

"Ok. Well, good luck with that."

Willfully failing her insight roll, she turns and wanders over to look at the broken shards of crystal Popsicle threw earlier, sizing them up for body glitter later on.

Actions

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)