Finding Direction

ArcaneDesperado

image.jpeg.aaf63878bfc52b9a7d6ff5a47291ba54.jpegJarah of Nowhere, Knight-Errant - Ronin/Fighter - Chaotic-Neutral

AC 20 (T14/FF16) | HP 49 | Pan 4/4 | CMD 20/FCMD 16 +1 Disarm/Grapple | Init +8Character Sheet

Acrobatics +8, Bluff +6, Climb +7, Craft (Bows) +6, Diplomacy +8, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +10, Kn. Engineering +6, Kn. Local +6, Kn. Nobility +6, Perception +6, Profession (Soldier) +5, Ride +7, Sense Motive +5, Sleight of Hand +6, Survival +10, Swim +4

Ok, so if this black market knows about the cave exit, and the fishery was looking to seal their access off. He trailed off while he formulated his words.

What if we seal off the hall between the cave exit and the entrance to this complex, and let the fishery seal their basement access. Its not easy, I realize, but we make our own entrance from say, where we killed the lizard?

He looked over at the others when he said so.

"The man who wields the sword chooses who wields the quill", Jarah of Nowhere

Edited by Akwehawk (see edit history)

image.png.bf13607598c2c5aabc0b2073aa333897.pngSealing off the access points in here is probably a good idea. As for where we killed the lizard... We'd need to do a lot of digging, and a map to verify where it comes out. Last thing we need is to make a new third tunnel that end up in the mayor's front garden.

He shrugged.

Might take some time, but it might be worth using the gateway to see the other locations around the continent this spits out. Not sure how important Otari is going to be in the grand scheme of things. This temple might be a good safehouse, or a centralized hub, but not one we can access except through another gateway. Remove the foot traffic option from the whole picture. Besides as of right now, the only thing besides the main gateway its adding to the argument is "traps" and "wet"

Davin Creckslant - AC: 15  (TAC: 13/ FF: 12)| HP: 41/41

Davin nods "To properly... manage the tunneling without a bunch of labor, I would need the mold earth spell, and I've already invested quite a bit of gold into this venture already. I think, short term, we should seal this off and gather resources before we can properly... utilize this area. As Johnny said it may be good to not use Otari itself as a hub, but only the temple... but that requires, again, some spell work that neither I or Kokuten are currently proficient with."

Junbaari.jpg.bb7355390ea9216ee4fd79b60250be27.jpg AC: 16  (TAC: 12/ Then FF: 14)| HP: 45/45  Force Ward: 5/5|Mind Burn: 0| Junbaari's Sheet

Junbaari nodded. "Assuming the other portals allows travel back here, we wouldn't need other magic presumably. We'd just enter through the big portal and then use it to go somewhere else" The approach appealed to him much more than illicit back alley dealings, even if it likely require mapping out the other portals. "Of course, we'd need to figure out where another such portal was before hand, but that seems like an easier effort than making our own tunnel.

Actions/ Mechanics

DESCRIPTION | SHEET

Lunaimage.png.d2f76bd3b98bfe5667d6434e184c7f76.pngmaria Gravendirsh
Female, Neutral Good, Human [Masero], Shifter(Dragonblood Shifter) 5

AC/TAC/FFAC: 21/14/19 | HP: 58/60 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: +4/+2/+2/+0/+3/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+6/+4 | Move: 20'
Init: +2 | CMD: 24 | FCMD: 20 |Shifter time 7/8 Minutes

SKILLS: Acrobatics +10, Climb +9, Know (Nature) +5, Perception +11, Stealth +6, Survival +8,

Luna was more then happy to seal this place away. She considered the idea of being able to access it from other places though when the thought came to mind. She almost didn't want to speak it knowing it might lead to further discussion. Should she wait until after the fact? No it should be said in case no one actually thought of this possibility. "Uhm...I certainly am for moving on and sealing the place...I'd much rather try and keep our activities as...close to legal as possible given what we have...Though. What if we don't find another portal? Or it too is...in an area that is not accessible to us?"

OoC

Hide this

spacer.pngKaryuu Kokuten - Tiefling(Ossa), Lawful Neutral

Class: Magus | AC: 20 (12 FF|18 T) | HP: 47/47 | Init: +5| Speed: 30ft | Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +5 | CMD: 18 

Stats|Conditions|Features|Attacks|Inventory|Spellbook|Arcana: 4/5 | Jabari: 2/2 | Warlord's Rage |image.png.73faa2556216df988e77ef6b78ac289c.png50/50

Kokuten raised his hand "I'm more than willing to pool some gold together for more Mold Earth spells if thats what it takes in the short run. I also agree with Johnny. After we seal it off (and have looked around to know there's no immediate danger or loot we're sealing in), we could arrange our travel to the destination we planned on proper... and then go to the temple there to go back here. Though, I doubt our destination is good as a base of operations, too... So perhaps we ought to consider which location among all these possible points will work for us as a base."

OOC/Mechanics

Full-Round Action: 
Action:
Swift Action:
Free Action: 
Move Action: 

Junbaari.jpg.bb7355390ea9216ee4fd79b60250be27.jpg AC: 16  (TAC: 12/ Then FF: 14)| HP: 45/45  Force Ward: 5/5|Mind Burn: 0| Junbaari's Sheet

"If I recall the passage sealed itself through some mechanism correct? And Davin was able to bypass it with magic of his own. Perhaps we could activate it again? " He glanced at the mage for confirmation. "As to finding another portal, we can use the gate here to examine the locations from this end first can't we?" He wasn't exactly sure how the thing worked, but it sounded plausible.

Actions/ Mechanics

Class: Magus | AC: 20 (12 FF|18 T) | HP: 47/47 | Init: +5| Speed: 30ft | Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +5 | CMD: 18 

Stats|Conditions|Features|Attacks|Inventory|Spellbook|Arcana: 4/5 | Jabari: 2/2 | Warlord's Rage |image.png.73faa2556216df988e77ef6b78ac289c.png50/50

The swordsman nodded. "Sounds like we're in agreement. Lets get out of here and dry ourselves, then?"

OOC/Mechanics

Full-Round Action: 
Action:
Swift Action:
Free Action: 
Move Action: 

Davin looked over to Luna and shook his head. "The Watchtower and the Church have a monopoly on portals like this. If they found this... I don't even know what they would do. It is unlikely most of you would be allowed to retain such knowledge. Myself and Kokuten may even be in danger if it gets out." he shakes his head. "But yes, let's get out of here.

"Hopefully between Kokuten and yourself we can figure out how this chamber seals itself and be on our way." Sunrod in hand he began the journey back to the front of the complex where hopefully those more versed in actual magic could figure the thing out.

Actions/ Mechanics

The group would make their way back up to the main room that had the passage way down to the primary Gateway. Puddles followed them as a reminder of their experience only a few minutes earlier and the passage that led to most likely the Elemental Plane of Water. The temple had many hidden secrets still, and likely more questions before answers started to make themselves obvious. Now the question loomed how to activate the defensive means to seal the passage way.

Johnny's experience down here before with Raalk had somehow activated it. But the process had also wiped the memory from his mind. If that was part of the defensive measures it might become problematic to continue to utilize that security system.

Davin paused "There is an alternative... When we first came thru here we met a mud mephit... An... Entity from the plane of mud. They have the ability to move earth ... It might take some convincing but Quagmire might be willing to close the door so to speak.... If I can find him " he said looking from one to the other

image.jpeg.aaf63878bfc52b9a7d6ff5a47291ba54.jpegJarah of Nowhere, Knight-Errant - Ronin/Fighter - Chaotic-Neutral

AC 20 (T14/FF16) | HP 49 | Pan 4/4 | CMD 20/FCMD 16 +1 Disarm/Grapple | Init +8Character Sheet

Acrobatics +8, Bluff +6, Climb +7, Craft (Bows) +6, Diplomacy +8, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +10, Kn. Engineering +6, Kn. Local +6, Kn. Nobility +6, Perception +6, Profession (Soldier) +5, Ride +7, Sense Motive +5, Sleight of Hand +6, Survival +10, Swim +4

If he could do that, can he close the cave exit wing and block access to the fishery and maybe make a new exit?

He asked no one in particular.

"The man who wields the sword chooses who wields the quill", Jarah of Nowhere

Edited by Akwehawk (see edit history)

As they made their way to the exit chamber, Kokuten lagged behind, considering the past events. "...I wish I'd concentrated more on non-combat lessons as a whole." He finally said. "Instead of merely what I could use to supplement my style. I would be able to be of more help, then. Could we not simply pull the level with a rope and some tackles, though?"

OOC/Mechanics

Full-Round Action: 
Action:
Swift Action:
Free Action: 
Move Action: