General OOC

ArcaneStomper

I'm still getting used to the new site layout and am, therefore, posting here. I noticed that this game has been rebooted and is currently being advertised. Is it still permissible to make a character from another world than the main one? If so, I'd like to port over a Ghost Mind Emulation from the Transhuman Space setting (if permitted) again.

16 hours ago, Elround4 said:

I'm still getting used to the new site layout and am, therefore, posting here. I noticed that this game has been rebooted and is currently being advertised. Is it still permissible to make a character from another world than the main one? If so, I'd like to port over a Ghost Mind Emulation from the Transhuman Space setting (if permitted) again.

Yes, that's permissible, but digital networks don't come up a lot. You would need a body.

5 hours ago, ArcaneStomper said:

Yes, that's permissible, but digital networks don't come up a lot. You would need a body.

So would a hacker/cybersecurity style character be viable? If not, then I'll go with a PI type. Also, can the Gate Worlders repair a Cyberdoll THS android body? If not, then I'll go with a Bioshell. Finally, what do you think would be the most logical way for him to end up in this multiverse setting?

Edited by Elround4 (see edit history)

A hacker is probably less feasible because the current team tends to go low tech on assignment.

The Gate could repair any sort of android body. They are TL10 after all.

You could easily arrive from another team pulling you out of your own universe. Or stumbling through a portal and ending up either on Ark or somewhere that the Ark teams were exploring.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you still looking for a player or two? I was thinking I could put together an Ecoengineer with some solid military training. Background might be that prior to the disaster he served a stint in the military. He continued to serve, by working to mitigate or improve the few remaining natural habitats especially on/around various military bases or highly toxic sites. When the disaster struck he was drafted to join the work crews building a local underground facility. He even made a small scientific contribution by engineering a slightly more beneficial and productive algae for the hydroponic farms. As society deteriorated, he started researching and trying to design organisms or ecosystems that could survive the hostile and extreme environments on the surface. His knowledge, prior military training, and knowledge of hostile almost xeno-like environments (he has made a few excursions to the surface as part of the experimental testing), got him recognized by the Ark leadership as being someone who might be beneficial to the project. Perhaps by being able to help identify/analyze potential new worlds suitable for terraforming or settlement.

I should be able to have a character generated by the end of the week if this sounds like it could work.

Alright I think that to best do this we should move ahead a bit. Have the scouts find a location to set up a base camp, possibly in the supply dump they found, and get a few reinforcements from Ark. That would get everyone on the same page and allow new players to slot in easily.

Any thoughts?

I generally accept everyone who applies unless I have fundamental misgivings about their character. Specifically how they'll fit into the grip. I would also like all of your inputs on the new people since I don't want to take someone who my current players won't jive with.