Insight Wis +1 +1
Medicine Wis +1 +1
Perception+ Wis +1 +3
Survival+ Wis +1 +3
Deception Cha +0 +0
Intimidation Cha +0 +0
Performance Cha +0 +0
Persuasion Cha +0 +0

Equipment: Glaive1d20+5. 1d10+3 (Heavy, Reach, Two Hand), Greatsword1d20+5, 2d6+3 (Heavy, Two-Handed), Hand Axe x21d20+5, 1d6+3 (1-Handed, Throw 10 ft.), Longbow (20 Arrows)1d20+2. 1d8 (Heavy, Two-Handed, 150-600 ft. ), Chain Mail13+2 Dex Max, Dungeoneer's Pack, Dice Set, Set of Traveler's Cloth, InheritanceA document such as a map, a letter, or a journal

Feat: Martial AdeptYou have martial training that allows you to
perform special combat maneuvers.
You gain the following benefits:

-You learn two maneuvers of your choice from among
those available to the Battle Master archetype
in the fighter class. If a maneuver you use requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver's
effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your
proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier
(your choice).

- If you already have superiority dice, you gain one
more: otherwise, you have one superiority die, which
is a d6. This die is used to fuel your maneuvers.
A superiority die is expended when you use il. Vou
regain your expended superiority dice when you
finish a short or long rest.

Maneuvers (5d8):

BraceWhen a creature you can see moves into the reach you have with the melee weapon you're wielding, you can use your reaction to expend one superiority die and make one attack against the creature, using that weapon. If the attack hits, add the superiority die to the weapon's damage roll.

Grappling StrikeImmediately after you hit a creature with a melee attack on your turn, you can expend one superiority die and then try to grapple the target as a bonus action (see the Player's Handbook for rules on grappling). Add the superiority die to your Strength (Athletics) check.

Quick TossAs a bonus action, you can expend one superiority die and make a ranged attack with a weapon that has the thrown property. You can draw the weapon as part of making this attack. If you hit, add the superiority die to the weapon's damage roll.

Sweeping AttackWhen you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to damage another creature with the same attack. Choose another creature within 5 feet of the original target and within your reach. If the original attack roll would hit the second creature, it takes damage equal to the number you roll on your superiority die. The damage is of the same type dealt by the original attack

Trip AttackWhen you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to knock the target down. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and if the target is Large or smaller, it must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, you knock the target prone

Appearance

Garth is a 25-year-old Human, about 6'1" and 190 pounds of lean muscle mass. His distinguishing feature would be his completely white hair. Like he got gray way before his time. That clashes with his charcoal-black eyes. He is pretty nimble on his feat for someone in heavy armor, likely showing some kind of extensive combat training. And he is heavily armed. From long Glaive, over Greatsword to the Longbow. He likes to keep his thoughts to himself, but when he shares them they are often colored with black humor in a voice that is still youthfully tenor but shows signs that might be a lot deeper if he manages to live to his 40s

Personality

Not a fan of crowds due to him spending the first 18 years of his life near 100 other students in his training. He's mostly content with being alone or in small groups of 5-6 people. That's why he became an Adventurer rather than a Soldier or Mercenary. He often uses humor as a defense mechanism when things go to s*itter.

Background

In Progress

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

@SMARTAgentKC Hey mechanically I'm pretty much done. but since I took Inheritance background it says I should decide with DM how it works I rolled to get one randomly since all were the same and got: A map, letter, or a journal and I remembered you mentioned doing something as Arena type game. I figured we could kida rip off that mini-game from Baldur's Gate EE, Black Pit (or Black Pits or something like that I never finished it) Premise is you and a party of 5 (so 6 of you are kidnapped by some Drow Wizard and fight in arena for his entertainment and coin. While trying to escape in the meantime. I figured we could steal some of that. Maybe the map leads somewhere like that, but we fight for some prize or something. It could be one fighter or you could give me a few NPCs that you would control. I don't know, I'm just brainstorming.

On 11/12/2023 at 4:05 AM, SMARTAgentKC said:

Interesting Idea, I just did some research on the Black Pits, I think it would be a great thing to simulate and with options for up to 6 players we could open it so that up to six people can put a character in.

Well in the game story is kinda of bare bones but for the Arena game at least it has one, Basically 6 adventurers are teleported and go fight, then pause where they can supply (there are 8 merchants there and they get better stock as you level up) and you can talk with them. It could be good story since some of them are there of their own free will, some are previous owners and are PoW's but basically not much better than your current owner some are Okay. But it's obvious it was just a distraction for developers, a bonus game for those who want to practice different classes and Thac0 (yeah it's 2 edition 😛 one of the main reasons I never finished it)

• 1 month later...

Garth| AC 13 | Ini: 0 | PP: 12 | Hit Points: 36/36 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d3/e6/28/d3e6285f51610d45a1078f02cbf158ab.jpg

Tools of the Trade

Equipment:

Glaive: 1d20+5, 1d10+3,

Greatsword: 1d20+5, 2d6+3

Hand Axe x2: 1d20+5, 2d6+3

Longbow (20 Arrows): 1d20+3, 1d8

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard: