Weird formatting bugs

Primeval Stasis

I've been experiencing a few formatting bugs and just ignoring it, but figured I might as well post something about it.

Since these bugs are a bit inconsistent, it is hard to get screenshots of them. I have screenshots of the first problem, and will add more next time they happen.

These are happening on the following setups:

• Android, Google Chrome, no plugins
  • Windows, Microsoft Edge, no plugins

Backspace

Mobile only: Every time I go to the beginning of a line and hit backspace, if highlights the line. Like this:

This is the first line.This is the second line

Screenshot_20231112-001323.png

Screenshot_20231112-001340.png

Additionally on both setups, sometimes text will not allow me to use backspace. No matter how many times I hit it, nothing happens. Next time this happens, I will save the code and paste it here.

Text color

Often, when I select text and click on a text color, it will only color the first word I have selected. If I select the rest of the text again, it will do the same thing.

Backspace: Attempted to reproduce but can't. A video would probably help. Chances are likely it's a Chrome v. CKEditor issue as Colin suggested, but I wasn't able to turn up any reports of it over in CKEditor's forums.

Text color: This sounds similar to an issue described where some browser spellchecks insert <font color=""> tags when replacing text. In that case, the spellchecker's action does not throw an event that the editor can catch to fix the style, and the specificity of the color attribute prevents the color picker from doing anything about it later. Can you confirm whether spellcheck (either manual or automatic) was invoked prior to observing the bug?