General

pesukarhu

I find myself at a loss there: while the plot is intriguing, I can't seem to fit my supers abilities into it, and it seems I'm missing a team... In other words, I feel like I'm not playing the right game..

Felt the same, but... I've got a couple of flexible stunts to fill in on the go, and we can always spend a Fate point creating a new thing to play with for the scene. Uh, to help, would Diana's background as an ecoterrorist, saboteur, and professional fumbler help her figure anything out? She's probably experienced at like, looking into suspicious practices or finding someone whose expertise she can draw on in this sort of scenario.

For me, I... am having lots of trouble with deciding on anything at all, and ended up failing to post despite writing things up several times over. Was not doing well a bit earlier, couldn't be active here much, but that's not an excuse for not posting at all, especially cause recently I've been fine-ish, besides struggling to get something coherent and useful down (everything I make doesn't quite fit at best, and looks actively disruptive at worst, in the sense that I keep feeling it's better scrap it and come up with a new thing or not post anything at all). Really should've just, posted anything, even if it doesn't progress anything at all. :/

I'm sort of lost as well is the intent to stay at the farm to investigate more or to go find out more about the device? None of my stunts really fit either here other then maybe calling in my contact.

@Niblooey you point out an important tool here I hadn't though about... changing out character on-the-fly to better fit what's going on, either using the rules or just playing it loose.

Yeah, I'm not sure what would help here.

Part of it is that I'm somehow not finding the right way to translate the Fate experience to PbP. Face-to-face, a Fate game can feel like improv, with people creating advantages, bouncing off each other, etc. I'm not getting that going here, and I'm not sure exactly why.

If it would help to hit the mechanics more, I could be a bit more explicit about scene aspects, etc., maybe add them at the bottom of posts as a reminder. For the most part, I've just been treating people's powers as narrative permission to do stuff, rather than really hitting the mechanics of aspects, stunts, etc.

For my part, I think I have dropped a few clues for the investigative part. There's a person to talk to, parts with a company name on them, etc. But it's not pulling people in.

I could let NPCs push the scene forward, but that feels like I'm railroading and denying player agency and all that. I'm tempted to use NPCs to skip over some of the more talky bits and get to an action scene, since it's definitely dragging.

What do you think? I'm open to any suggestions. Feel free to DM me if you'd rather not have it in the main thread.

Just a heads up: MW has changed something in their JS config and I can't post anymore at all (with my home PC - using alternate now). Waiting to see if there'll be some resolution, but in the meantime playing will be harder.

Making a short response to ah, avoid having too many cooks in the kitchen. Was unsure if I should do a lot or wait for a response first, since the farmer situation seems a bit involved.

Err, crap, wait. We have our full Fate points, right?

Edit: Nevermind, I rolled anyways :p. Was wondering if I should invoke Double Trouble for this, but- yeah. Still might be good to know, though.

Edited by Niblooey (see edit history)

Sorry about that slow response!

Unsure what I should roll for this, if rolls are even necessary. It's mostly Blue using his nose for weird stuff and Purple Dove using the power of thinking things aloud.

Edited by Niblooey
Rolls? (see edit history)

Got the reply from support I dreaded: upgrade your browser to the very latest... to run a forum...

So I'm sorry but I won't be playing here anymore. Not dropping out of the game, though, that would be rude. But once it's over I'm not registering on another one.

4 hours ago, Tecmes said:

Got the reply from support I dreaded: upgrade your browser to the very latest... to run a forum...

So I'm sorry but I won't be playing here anymore. Not dropping out of the game, though, that would be rude. But once it's over I'm not registering on another one.

I'm sorry to hear that. That sounds super-annoying and, like you said, unnecessary for forum software. I'd think that whoever was providing the platform would want to make it run on as much as they could, but I can understand the ops (once they've picked the platform) not being able to do much about it after the fact. Still sucks.

If there's something I can do to make things easier on you, just let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Uh, sure! Done and finished! I really wish I didn't read and forget I never responded to your post. Going to rely less on the notification system to remind me. Not usually this negligent, I swear.

Guess an update on how things are going for me, I've been a bit sick for a while now, left me feeling slow. Just uh, low-energy enough for me to be napping all the time, though the last few days were messier than the usual. Are you guys doing alright?