Passive Investigation: 11
Passive Insight: 13

Hit Points: 18/18
Hit Dice: 2d8
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet

“Well, what does thou think then of seeing the world? Do ye wish to go round Cape Horn to see any more of it, eh? Can’t ye see the world where you stand?”

Herman Melville, Moby Dick, Chapter 16

ABILITIES & SKILLS

Proficiency Bonus: +2

(+0)

(+2)

(+1)

(+1)

(+0)

(+0)

Save +0 Save +2 Save +1 Save +3 Save +5 Save +0
Athletics +0

Acrobatics +2

Sleight of Hand +2

Stealth +4

Arcana +1

History +1

Investigation +1

Nature +3

Religion +1

Animal Handling +5

Insight +3

Medicine +3

Perception +5

Survival +5

Deception +0

Intimidation +0

Performance +0

Persuasion +0

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES

LANGUAGES RACIAL TRAITS

Light Armor (class)

Medium Armor (class)

Shields (class)

Druid Weapons (class)

Herbalism kit (class)

Water vehicles (background)

Navigation tools (background)

Common (race)

Druidic (class)

Sylvan (race)

Hit PointsHit Dice: 1d8 per druid level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 8 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (or 5) + your Constitution modifier per artificer level after 1st

ProficienciesArmor: Light armor, medium armor, shields (druids will not wear armor or use shields made of metal)
Weapons: Clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears
Tools: Herbalism kit
Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills: Choose two from Arcana, Animal Handling, Insight, Medicine, Nature, Perception, Religion, and Survival

EquipmentYou start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:

(a) a wooden shield or (b) any simple weapon
(a) a scimitar or (b) any simple melee weapon
Leather armor, an explorer’s pack, and a druidic focus

DruidicYou know Druidic, the secret language of druids. You can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. You and others who know this language automatically spot such a message. Others spot the message’s presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can’t decipher it without magic.

SpellcastingDrawing on the divine essence of nature itself, you can cast spells to shape that essence to your will. See Spells Rules for the general rules of spellcasting and the Spells Listing for the druid spell list.

Cantrips
At 1st level, you know two cantrips of your choice from the druid spell list. You learn additional druid cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Druid table.

Preparing and Casting Spells
The Druid table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your druid spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these druid spells, you must expend a slot of the spell’s level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.

You prepare the list of druid spells that are available for you to cast, choosing from the druid spell list. When you do so, choose a number of druid spells equal to your Wisdom modifier + your druid level (minimum of one spell). The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots.

For example, if you are a 3rd-level druid, you have four 1st-level and two 2nd-level spell slots. With a Wisdom of 16, your list of prepared spells can include six spells of 1st or 2nd level, in any combination. If you prepare the 1st-level spell cure wounds, you can cast it using a 1st-level or 2nd-level slot. Casting the spell doesn’t remove it from your list of prepared spells.

You can also change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of druid spells requires time spent in prayer and meditation: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list.

Spellcasting Ability
Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your druid spells, since your magic draws upon your devotion and attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a druid spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

Ritual Casting
You can cast a druid spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared.

Spellcasting Focus
You can use a druidic focus (see the Adventuring Gear section) as a spellcasting focus for your druid spells.

Wild ShapeStarting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest.

Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesn’t have a flying or swimming speed.

Druid CircleAt 2nd level, you choose to identify with a circle of druids: the Circle of the Land detailed at the end of the class description or one from the Player's Handbook or other sources. Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level.

Star mapAt 2nd level, you've created a star chart as part of your heavenly studies. It is a Tiny object and can serve as a spellcasting focus for your druid spells. You determine its form by rolling on the Star Map table or by choosing one.

While holding this map, you have these benefits:

You know the Guidance cantrip.
You have the Guiding Bolt spell prepared. It counts as a druid spell for you, and it doesn't count against the number of spells you can have prepared.
You can cast Guiding Bolt without expending a spell slot. You can do so a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
If you lose the map, you can perform a 1-hour ceremony to magically create a replacement. This ceremony can be performed during a short or long rest, and it destroys the previous map.

Starry FormAt 2nd level, you've created a star chart as part of your heavenly studies. It is a Tiny object and can serve as a spellcasting focus for your druid spells. You determine its form by rolling on the Star Map table or by choosing one.

While holding this map, you have these benefits:

You know the Guidance cantrip.
You have the Guiding Bolt spell prepared. It counts as a druid spell for you, and it doesn't count against the number of spells you can have prepared.
You can cast Guiding Bolt without expending a spell slot. You can do so a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
If you lose the map, you can perform a 1-hour ceremony to magically create a replacement. This ceremony can be performed during a short or long rest, and it destroys the previous map.

Variant Human

Ability Score IncreaseTwo different ability scores of your choice increase by 1.

Speed30 feet.

SizeMedium

LanguagesYou can speak, read, and write Common and one extra language of your choice.

SkillsYou gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.

Feat: You gain one feat of your choice.  Metamagic adeptTransmute spell, subtle spell

8437-200.pngATTACKS

TO HIT PROPERTIES / (RANGE)
Scimitar +4 1d6+2 Slashing Finesse, light
Produce flame +5 1d8 Fire (30 feet)

spacer.pngSPELLS

Spell Slots: 3/3 (1st)

Spell Save DC: 13 Spell Attack Mod: +5 Spells Prepared: 3

Thorn whip

Produce Flame

Guidance

Charm Person

Entangle

Healing Word

Thunderwave

Faerie Fire

Guiding bolt

money-dollar-circle-512.pngMONEY

Copper: 0 Silver: Electrum:Gold: 10 Platinum: 0

(10 Coins * .02 lbs. = 0.2 lbs. Total Weight)

Encumbrance, heaviness, load, mass, sinker, stowage, weight icon - Download  on IconfinderENCUMBRANCE

Weight: 23 lbs. / 150 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
Penalty: None

688885-200.pngEQUIPMENT READIED

Equipped Items: (23 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

WEAPONS (3 lbs.)

Leather - 10 lbs.
Shield - 6 lbs.

Common clothes - 3 lbs

Scimitar - 3 lbs.

Pouch - 1 lb.

Druidic focus

education_icons_IF-06-512.pngEQUIPMENT STORED

Stored Items: (69 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

IN BACKPACK (0 lbs.)

Explorer's pack - 59 lbs.

Herbalism kit - 3 lbs.

Belaying pin (club) - 2 lbs.

50 feet of silk rope - 5 lbs.

Item_necklace_9.pngMAGIC ITEMS

Magic Items: (0 lbs.)

ATTUNED 0/3 (3 lbs.)

CHARACTER OVERVIEW

Appearance
Hair: Auburn Eyes: Brown-green Complexion: Light tan

At first glance, she's not much of a looker. Her clothes are practical and weather-worn, her skin is windburned, and her nails are broken and have grime underneath them. On more careful examination, she just seems like the kind of person who doesn't care much about appearances.

spacer.pngBACKGROUND

Sailor

Personality Trait 1: Social Chameleon: I am quick to adopt the mannerisms and habits of those around me. It helps me hide in plain sight.

Personality Trait 2: Adventurous: There's no fun in being idle. Fortune favors the bold.

Ideal: Curiosity: There's a big world out there. So much to see, so little time!

Bonds: Companions: I am easy to warm to, and once I make friends, I stick by them through thick and thin.

Flaws: Awkward with hierarchy: My parents met with many famous folk. They're just people like everyone else. 

Background Feature: Ship's passage

When you need to, you can secure free passage on a sailing ship for yourself and your adventuring companions. You might sail on the ship you served on, or another ship you have good relations with (perhaps one captained by a former crewmate). Because you're calling in a favor, you can't be certain of a schedule or route that will meet your every need. Your DM will determine how long it takes to get where you need to go. In return for your free passage, you and your companions are expected to assist the crew during the voyage.

Backstory
  • Born to a pair of Harpers and adventurers who decided they had enough and wanted to settle & start a family & live in anonymity.
  • Ended up in the tiny, generally unknown hamlet of Elmhaven on the southern eaves of Neverwinter wood.
  • They had friends there in the form of druids of the Emerald Enclave, who had refuges deep in the forest and looked after the hamlet and its peoples.
  • Growing up, Alex was a bit wild, and a tomboy. Her parents didn't mind. They filled her head with stories from their adventuring days, while at the same time warning her about the dangers, seeking to discourage her from following in their footsteps.
  • Of course, the plan didn't last. Her parents eventually realised that settled life was not for them, and returned to their adventuring careers, leaving Alex to the care of the druids.
  • She kept contact with them regardless, and as she grew older she became restless.
  • Eventually she ended up in Neverwinter, where she found work first as a deckhand and (more recently) as a navigator's apprentice. She's made the journey to Gundarlun a few times, though she is far from the well-travelled person her mother or father are.
  • She has kept correspondence with them, and as she inadvertently gravitates towards a career and lifestyle similar to theirs, they have given her small tasks, like delivering messages or finding contacts, mostly to keep her safe and out of (bigger) trouble.
  • But she hasn't heard from them in a while, and she's starting to worry. Her sources place them last in the South, where rumors say that trouble is stirring. To Greenest, specifically, which is why she has joined the caravan there.
Name
Hit points
1d8+1 [[8]]

@Colin I think the mechanics are done, but please let me know if there's any errors!

Circle of the Stars druid is from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything.

Adventurers' scion is from Acquisitions Incorporated, I believe (link), with some skills and other features exchanged for others (mainly proficiencies with tools) as per the Background-altering rules in Tasha's... I think? It's been a while. I think it fits the concept better but I also don't mind switching into something more mundane (like the sailor background) if not allowed. Or we can customize. It's up to you!

Special thanks to @bwatford for the format. I think I need to remove the quote but... I'll figure it out later 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Fair enough! I've swapped her to sailor, which is from the PHB. So I hope it's ok now. Here's some logistics & specifics in the spoiler below, because gold coin-counting makes my head hurt...

Background & equipment

Sailor (from PHB): Used as is, except swapped Athletics proficiency with Stealth proficiency as per Tasha's background customization rules.

Equipment:

• Class gives Shield, Scimitar, Leather armor, an explorer's pack, and a druidic focus.
  • Background gives A belaying pin (club), 50 feet of silk rope, a lucky charm such as a rabbit foot or a small stone with a hole in the center (or you may roll for a random trinket on the Trinkets table in chapter 5), a set of common clothes, and a pouch containing 10gp.