Chapter 2: Where evil lurks

Michael

Creed has a look at the door whilst the others chat amongst themselves, with a growing awareness that even the truly useless equipment they managed to salvage initially has been removed.

The door is the iron bound oak variety. It has a prison style slot in the upper middle section that one could peer through or perhaps receive a tray of food. Peering through said slot shows an elf, or perhaps half elf, in a grey tunic standing against the far wall peering back at you. Seeing movement in the room he shouts some commands in a language none of you understand down the corridor to your left.

Edited by Michael (see edit history)

Shillereese

image.png.6569c8b539de245a476281976ea8cfa6.pngHP 10/10  | AC 14 |  Fort 3 - Reflex 5 - Will 2  |  

Shushing Molgrug with a hand upraised, palm flat, Shillereese exits the philosophy debate.

“That sounds promising.”  She says when Creed excites the guard.

“Do we wish to see who they summon? Or would you test your strength against this mortal-made boundary and make our own entrance?

OOC

Placeholder Formatting - Incorrect Information - I’m home late tomorrow. Fix things up after that.

Am only guessing that Molgrug had a response.

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Did not engage with door because then we have to wait for Michel to return from the vineyard to find out what happens.

image.png.168e1e77f98ee8835db60afa6c844ab8.png

2nd Cave

Nizell become conscious and instinctively remains still listening to the muffled voices. After a brief moment of confusion, when she feels her bodies nakedness and the lack of weapons in her grip, anything resembling calm is replace with a white hot rage. She  pushes against the shell with all her arms and the pressure of her coiled tail. The effort sends two clean halves scattering on the floor.

As she bursts forth she starts to circle the room in a reptilian manner, clearly agitated and clearly taking in the surroundings. Her tail lashes out with little concern for where it lands as evidences by the luckily empty shell that it shatters in a random act of violence.

She speaks to the group of Fiends via Telepathy “ I am Nizell, First of the Elite under General Jaskar. Once first champion of the hoard of 100,000.”

She pauses to lash out again with her tail. 

“If these mortals take without ….it is un fucking acceptable”.

Another shell half flies across the room, but she begins to slow as Creed peeks through the gap in the door.

“I need to be clear to all here that… the skins are mine!  I have prepared 17745 skins. I …….”

She stops briefly as the mortal outside yells. Her composure clearly returning.

“ I was once dressed in the most exquisite of Pit Fiend leathers. I will use my skills with them to help support OUR efforts.  But the skins, they are mine”

She slithers up to the door focusing on the mind of the retreating guard. In long drawn out words she speaks to his mind.

“Sssooo ……. Mortal. 

You need to make a decision NOW.

Open the door and bow before your betters! “

Nizell, Mage Slayer

Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Telepathy 100ft Spot/Listen +13 
Level 2: HP: 22/22 Speed 40ft Init:3
AC: 18, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15

Attacks: Melee +5, Ranged +4, Tail +5 (3d6+4), TWF +3/+3

Weapons: Great Sword, longsword, short sword, Dagger x2 [4 spare] - if OK

Saves: Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +3 (+1 vs spells)
Spells:[5x0, 1x1] No Light, Ghost Sound, Open/Close, Mending, Charm Person, Shield
Special: Fast Healing 1, Sneak attack +1d6, Improved Grab (Ex), Detect Magic 1/d, Steel Spells (0,1)

Edited by Grand Poobah (see edit history)

Vrockv2.png.7061aa1e9941662b23152259ccde478f.pngKerapsis|Female, Medium Outsider (Tanar'ri, Extraplanar, Evil, Chaotic), Vrock, Cleric 2

HP: 21/21 | AC/Touch/FF: 15/13/12 | Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha: +4/+3/+3/+0/+3/+0 | F/R/W: +6/+6/+6 | Speed: 30ft | Spells Active: 

Kerapsis ducks as Nizell sends a shell fragment flying over her head.

"Leave you the skins... suppose that's alright. I'm more interested in the meat anyways," she says with a smile.

As Creed examines the door, Kerapsis slinks to the wall nearby, settling into a readied crouch.

"I'm fine waiting to see if the witch is behind this, and here to help, but I'm ready to carve a path of carnage out of this place if things aren't looking so civil."

OOC / Actions

Brandisher.png.4abccf9766ad79862caaa7976666ebfe.png

"If they could pull us into this place..."

Brandisher also looks upon the weighty door.

"Then they most likely have other tricks as well."

Since they're in a place on somebody else's terms, it would be the best strategy to wait and see what kind of advantage they might gain..

Show Statblock

Brandisher

Paladin of Tyranny lvl 2

Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision;

HP 24/24;

AC: 15; Touch: 10; Flat-Footed: 15;

Saves: Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +7; +4 vs Poison;

Resist Electricity 5

Molgrug"*Ahem*"

Uh-oh. Molgrug has something to say.

"Need I remind you," he begins, "we have just spent the past however-long comatose after gorging ourselves upon mortal flesh? It is hardly beyond the wit of even these simple peasant-folk to relocate a few cocoons.

"It seems that this is a side-effect of our transition, something which I must admit the prevailing theories of planar transmutation did not predict... I have some theories which I shall outline forthwith on precisely the shortcomings in the calculations; I always did think that Ghartuk the so-called expert thaumatician was, quite frankly, too blinkered by his adherence to the Phosthian philosophy that he was neglecting key factors which would have influences the cosmic transference rates, though I must admit I never could have predicted a deviation of this magnitude!"

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 16/16 [B]AC:[/B] 17, [B]Touch:[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 14 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Soulmelds:[/B] Mage's Spectacles (1), Lightning Gauntlets (0) [B]Spells:[/B] Command x2, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Create Water [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, Init: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 14
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison)
Soulmelds: Mage's Spectacles (1), Lightning Gauntlets (0)
Spells: Command x2, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Create Water
Special: None

Shillereese

image.png.6569c8b539de245a476281976ea8cfa6.pngHP 10/10  | AC 14 |  Fort 3 - Reflex 5 - Will 2  |  

"Could Ghartuk have predicted this?" Shillarese asks, as she pinches Molgrug on the bum.

OOC

Placeholder Formatting - Incorrect Information -Jet Lagged.

I promise to clear this thing up.

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Did not engage with door because then we have to wait for Michel to return from the vineyard to find out what happens.

image.png.57103fdc7d22e2c93fab9e38b72337ff.png.569bb3cb42ffd9a2c1a19ea8f646de1d.png.ebb8cbbb11f4c04b013de62374a21f71.png.0cf52badaf20f9d3922412263bd66b56.pngHis eyes narrowing as the man runs off, Creed takes a hold of the door and with surging muscles, attempts to rip the door from its hinges. No mortal door should stand up to his strength, at least one never used to be able to.

"I don't like cages." He growls as his claw-like hands rip into the wood.

Statblock

CREED
Level 2, HP 18/18, Speed 40ft /x4
AC 16, Touch 15, Flat-footed 13,
Fort 8, Ref 8, Will 3,
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 8
Condition: Fast Healing 1 per minute
Senses: Low-light Vision 60ft, Spot/Listen +9, Init: +7

Name
Strength Check to pull door off hinges
1d20+4 17

Creed goes to rip the door of its hinges, only to find it's not actually locked. He's in mid flex when the latch pops and the door just swings open. The besmocked acolyte takes a step back to come up against the far wall of the 10' corridor. He raises his right hand and points down the corridor saying

Good to see you are all awake. Please if you would come this way, we will explain where you are and how we think our alliance should move forward.

Molgrug

Molgrug slaps the succubus's hand away, huffing indignantly.

"Well, now, Ghartuk, you see... he was, well, what would you call it? A---" He pauses as Creed's messing about interrupts him, then glares at the fiend and the mortal acolyte both. "Do you quite mind?" he asks, "I am -- well, I was explaining something rather important!"

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 16/16 [B]AC:[/B] 17, [B]Touch:[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 14 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Soulmelds:[/B] Mage's Spectacles (1), Lightning Gauntlets (0) [B]Spells:[/B] Command x2, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Create Water [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Spells: Command x2, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Create Water
Edited by TheFred (see edit history)

Shillereese

image.png.6569c8b539de245a476281976ea8cfa6.pngHP 17/17  | AC 14 |  Fort 4 - Reflex 6 - Will 3  |  

"Now this is Chaos!" Shillarese shouts with excitement as Creed rips the door away.

"We had all decided to wait on the mortals, but Creed broke the door anways. Because Chaos cannot be contained!"

She boldly strides down the corridor as the mortal indicated, flicking her tail to tickle/caress the guard's chin as she passes.

"Good work, soldier. Maybe I could arrange a private meeting to welcome you properly later on. Bring gifts...." She giggles. "...and maybe a friend."

OOC

Header Information Complete

Character Build Incomplete - I still need to sort out skills, one feat and the replacement spell for Tongues.

I assume Creed actually goes first. And if anyone else wishes to be 'Up Front' then Shillereese is not shoving her way. I mostly wanted to post the correct header information before I have to go to work.

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Molgrug

Molgrug slaps the succubus's hand away, huffing indignantly.

"Yes, well, chaos had proven itself rather, um, lacking in mental capacity..." Molgrug grumbles as his audience begins to depart. "You there! Mortal! Have you some kind of... um... what is the place where you put delinquent mortals? You know, the very small ones, with limited mental capacity? Not gnomes... uh... children? Have you some kind of child-zoo where we can deposit our inferior members?"

Molgrug glances at his companions. Unfortunately, depositing all of the group's mentally-challenged members is likely to leave very few of them left.

Statblock

Molgrug
Edited by TheFred (see edit history)

The group of fiends head down the corridor indicated by the guard. This is clearly some kind of jail or holding area, there are other heavy doors set into the stone at regular intervals, and they do have external locks. You head through a round room with several other corridors leading from it, into one of those corridors and then up two flights of stairs to a larger conference-style room.

A long rectangular bench is placed against one wall. Six striking figures sit at the bench with their backs to the wall thus facing you. Seats are arranged on the other side of the table clearly intended for you. One of the seated people is the gnome witch you met initially. The other 5 are

• A half elf male in a worn, sea green rober
  • An armored female hobgoblin
  • A mangy gnoll or even worse perhaps half-gnoll, also armored.
  • A human female in an expensively embroidered velvet robe
  • A creature whose features shift constanrly

There's also another half dozen people in grey tunics similar to those of the man that was guarding your room, performing servant/slave type activities.

Another table in the room is laden with various foodstuffs, and a third has an arsenal of weapons and armour

The gnome gestures to the seats in front of her, and says

Welcome, agents. You know me, Daria, priestess of the mockery. Allow me to introduce Janus, Krassus, Jessup, Araene and Presense, representatives of the rest of the pantheon. We have brought you, as agreed, to the city of Sharn.