Chapter 2: Where evil lurks

Michael

Nizell joins Carmine at the sceptor..

"Let's take this back to the king and see what he is going to offer us for it?

She also touches it, hoping to sense it's power.

@Michael noting Carmine also already picked up the sceptor I think by his post.

If nothing happens for them both then she will offer to grab it and take it back to the king

OOC

@TheFred I like your posts but Nizell is a lady of action.

Regarding plans I posted in the ooc thread my thoughts...I like the idea of aligning with the king and jointly taking over the world....should things align that way. Just need to find human food.

Edited by Grand Poobah (see edit history)

"Much like the Mortal Conclave, I would prefer not yet returning to the King. Not until we know what this scepter is and what it can do." Carmine counter offers. "There are things here which we do not yet understand. I would like to know more about them before handing them off to either the Frozen King or the mortals who sent us here."

"We have barely stepped ten paces within this complex. Is it unreasonable to examine further? I will not insist, if the general consensus is to make the exchange. But my preference is to look for more options and perhaps other opportunities than we have now."

"We may return to those odd mortals and their prophecy. It is certainly useful to have some sort of guardian during these odd cocooning stages we are experiencing. I would prefer going back with more information and less dependency on what they choose to tell us."

If there are only four of us posting regularly, then I will go with what the three of you decide. Carmine/Shillereese would like to explore more. At least enough to find an exit other than jumping back through the portal. I would like to find out more about this prophecy and what it is about as well, but that may be a dead end. Or, not available here.

Molgrug

"My focus upon retrieving the gem is hardly blind," Molgrug complains. "It is clearly a powerful artefact - the nature of which, admittedly, we do not yet understand, but why else are these mortals so intent upon acquiring it? Seizing it should be a common goal for all of us; my preference is to kill the mortals, because quite frankly I find them annoying, but it may suit our purposes to bargain with them - once we possess the thing that they value. This was, actually, my proposed second-tier objective, though given the ease of realising it one rather considers that it should have been progressed in parallel..."

Seeming not to appreciate the irony of him calling anyone else annoying, Molgrug looks at Nizell with disappointment.

"For once Carmine makes a valid point," he says, looking almost surprised himself. "This king may once have been a mortal of some power but I am amazed that any once-powerful generals of the Outer Planes would want to go scurrying back to a fellow who can't even move! You lot managed to rip a hole in reality with that portal and send us through to some other universe yet, despite being greatly weakened, yet, we do at least possess some basic functions such as speech and locomotion, and some of you might even be able to manage basic arithmetic. This frozen fellow can't even manage to pick up his own sceptre from a few rooms away! Weakened though we may be, I posit that we can do better on our own than throwing in with either the gelugon-wannabe or the circus of mortal weirdos. Though, we should keep the sceptre."

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 16/16 [B]AC:[/B] 17, [B]Touch:[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 14 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Soulmelds:[/B] Mage's Spectacles (1), Lightning Gauntlets (0) [B]Spells:[/B] Command, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Sandblast, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Create Water [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, Init: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 14
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison)
Soulmelds: Mage's Spectacles (1), Lightning Gauntlets (0)
Spells: Command, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Sandblast, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Create Water
Special: None

image.png.70101dd5270428c6f4a8c31d841880e2.pngKerapsis|Female, Medium Outsider (Tanar'ri, Extraplanar, Evil, Chaotic), Vrock, Cleric 2

HP: 3/21 | AC/Touch/FF: 21/13/18 | Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha: +4/+3/+3/+0/+3/+0 | F/R/W: +6/+6/+6 | Speed: 30ft | Spells Active: 

"I think the mortals have more to offer us alive, for now at least," Kerapsis sighs. "Especially if they think we're their gods' chosen harbingers or whatnot. If they stop being useful, we can rid ourselves of them of course. Preferably after we've regained some more of our strength."

"But I agree that we don't need to be hurrying back to anyone. It seems like we have no choice but to explore further if we want to leave this place."

OOC / Actions

Carmine

CarmineAC 14 | Init +3 |  Fort 06 - Reflex 05 - Will 10  |  Claw +3 (1d3+1) | Eldritch Blast +5 (1d6) | 19/19

"Above almost all, I would like to know what these things do before handing them over to anyone, alive or dead."

OOC

Dark One's Own Luck = +2 Bonus to a single save. Changeable as Standard Action. Currently on Fortitude

Detect Magic is Active

Continue to examine the rod/scepter.

We do have fast healing after combat has ended. @Polyphemus should be healing up, yes?

Nizell moves in next to Carmine also looking over the object with interest.

"I agree, but I would also like to see what it's worth to him. Even hear from him why he thinks we are better off working with him rather than just taking what we can. If we assume it's as powerfully as any we have seen. Let's see what he will offer.

GP

Nizell, Mage Slayer

Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Telepathy 100ft Spot/Listen +13 
Level 2: HP: 22/22 Speed 40ft Init:3
AC: 21, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 18

Saves: Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +3 (+1 vs spells)
Spells:[5x0, 1x1] No Light, Ghost Sound, Open/Close, Mending, Critical Strike, Cure light W
Special: Fast Healing 1, Sneak attack +1d6, Improved Grab (Ex), Detect Magic 1/d, Steel Spells (0,1)

Shillereese

ShillereeseHP 19/19  | AC 14 |  Fort 6 - Reflex 6 - Will 10  |  Claw +3 (1d3+1) | Eldritch Blast +5 (1d6)

After several minutes of combined conversation and concentration, Carmine snarls curses in Gith, Draconic and Infernal before pointing the rod at the northern wall, where no one has moved to yet. Growling another multilingual poem of curses and obscenities, there is a ripple of reality about them as Carmine reverts to the proper fiendish form of a Succubus.

Anger and frustration combine to furrow her brow, bodice laced loosely as her décolletage threatens to burst free, arm thrust out, stamping her boots and pouting mightily in outrage that an inanimate object might defy her will; the raging emotional outburst forces the Scepter to react.

OOC

Detect Magic is Active

Dark One's Own Luck = +2 Bonus to a single save. Changeable as Standard Action. Currently on Fortitude.

UMD Activate roll of 26 in this post.

Shillereese waves the sceptre about, concentrating on what aspects of the magical aura she can detect, and possibly understand. There's a sudden drop of temperature in the room followed by a massive blast of necrotic energy which one suspects would be quite beneficial to anything undead...which isn't any of you.

The entire room comes under the effect of a desecrate spell.

Shillereese needs to make a DC 20 will save or be cursed and be unable to release the sceptre.

The succubus suspects this is just one of many powers of the sceptre.

Before Shillereese returns to her true form Nizell exits the room back the way they had come.

If Shillereese was really going to use her extremely diminished skills to play with what could be an artefact for all then know, Nizell was going to get some distance.

Shillereese

image.png.6569c8b539de245a476281976ea8cfa6.pngHP 19/19  | AC 14 |  Fort 6 - Reflex 6 - Will 10  |  Claw +3 (1d3+1) | Eldritch Blast +5 (1d6)

The chill feels good. Even the ghost of such powerful magic channeled through a device gives a lingering sense of the greatness and former glory before this disastrous plummet to where ever they are now. And it is always welcome to be standing upon unhallowed ground.

But there may be a price to pay

OOC

Detect Magic is Active

Dark One's Own Luck = +2 Bonus to a single save. Changeable as Standard Action. Currently on Fortitude.

DC 20 Will Save. 50/50 Chance. How much does the RNG hate me is the question.

Third time rolling below 5. Apparently the RNG hates me a lot this week.

Name
Will Save vs DC 20
1d20+10 2