Pre Game OOC.

Excior

This is the applications so far.

• Player: Red Max (human Fighter)
  • dtspurrier (human Cleric)
  • excior (dwarf Fighter)
  • scary wizard (hal-felf Cleric/Fighter/Magic-User)
  • Mhogrymm (halfling Thief)

I have played in a couple of BW's odd games but I am way not versed in the mechanics however will this be a good mix of classes or do we need a thief ( Assuming I make it in the game?)

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

I'm willing - grudgingly! (the grudge lasts for about five seconds) - to shuffle things into a Magic-User, but I also like to look out for Clerics, having been one in the past.

I tried my absolute best to recruit people over from Twitter, but it's all horses and water over there.

BW, I am in South Florida, were going to Legand with our Grand kids that live in Georgia about 8 hours from us. I didn't expect the game to start so soon. It will be Monday before I can start. I may be able to post late Sunday night when I get home.

Is my PC finished, did I do the encumbrance right?

• 2 weeks later...
Black Wyvern

You are in a 4' deep half-pipe stone trough that was worn into the rock face of a cliff. To the left of the trough is a 100' tall cliff up to the top of the falls. To the right of the trough is a 100' drop-off down to the bottom of the falls. Ahead is a dam of rocks and earth crossing the trough just this side of the falls. Beyond the dam is hollowed out area behind the falls that is filled too the level of the dam with the pool. There isn't an "around".

is there any way to get out and look around on the outside of the falls for a secret or semi secret entrance?

mechanics wise what will be needed to walk along the dam to get to the cave?

There is no out on the sides of the trough. The trough is all there is. Cliff up on one side, cliff down on the other. The outer wall of the trough isn't wide enough at the top to stand on, maybe an inch or two wide. The only thing you can stand on outside of the trough is the dry 6' of the dam before it goes under the falls. Everything else is under the surface of the pool. From where the dam touches the cliff the wall goes back into darkness, the cave.

You are on one side of the cave entrance. The dam runs along the floor of the cave entrance to the other side of it. The cave entrance is all the way across the waterfall and about 15' tall where you are at. The entire entrance is flooded by the dam. To go deeper into the cave you have to cross the water.

So what you are thinking is an entrance on the other side is actually just the other side of the entrance. Where it says "water fall" is actually the pool. The lines on the other side of the dam show where the water fall comes down from 100' above. Cove is Cave.

Where the party is at is where the old man thought there would be a lookout waiting in ambush.

IMG_0567.jpeg

Edited by Black Wyvern (see edit history)

51 minutes ago, Black Wyvern said:

There is no out on the sides of the trough. The trough is all there is. Cliff up on one side, cliff down on the other. The outer wall of the trough isn't wide enough at the top to stand on, maybe an inch or two wide. The only thing you can stand on outside of the trough is the dry 6' of the dam before it goes under the falls. Everything else is under the surface of the pool. From where the dam touches the cliff the wall goes back into darkness, the cave.

You are on one side of the cave entrance. The dam runs along the floor of the cave entrance to the other side of it. The cave entrance is all the way across the waterfall and about 15' tall where you are at. The entire entrance is flooded by the dam. To go deeper into the cave you have to cross the water.

So what you are thinking is an entrance on the other side is actually just the other side of the entrance. Where it says "water fall" is actually the pool. The lines on the other side of the dam show where the water fall comes down from 100' above. Cove is Cave.

Where the party is at is where the old man thought there would be a lookout waiting in ambush.

IMG_0567.jpeg

so to be clear the only way we are gaining access it to get wet in the pool?

that is a pretty good obstacle lol can we tell how deep it is? over my characters head I am sure