OOC Chat

ArcaneDesperado

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Enkhoffer said:

Have Gargoyles been eradicated in this time of unrest?

Given its 2005, and its the start of everything there may still be a few around.  But in my original lore, no the Gargoyles did not survive.  Between the Year of Thin Blood and the Second Inquisition they were eradicated.  

2 hours ago, TheBard101 said:

Still trying to fit the lore with the end of the 13 novels.  Hmmm

Its been awhile since I read the novels and I don't think I have my copies anymore.   But I believe the novels ended in 2000.  So there are a few years between it and when things are kicking off.   Using some ideas from the Time of Judgement book, Gehenna: The Final Night novel, and where V5 took the lore.   So as before.  Don't get too hung up on the lore.  It'll just make things easier if you only use it as a guideline.

11 hours ago, ArcaneDesperado said:

Its been awhile since I read the novels and I don't think I have my copies anymore.   But I believe the novels ended in 2000.  So there are a few years between it and when things are kicking off.   Using some ideas from the Time of Judgement book, Gehenna: The Final Night novel, and where V5 took the lore.   So as before.  Don't get too hung up on the lore.  It'll just make things easier if you only use it as a guideline.

I completely agree, I just don't know what it says to use it as a guideline.  hehe

My point was things have moved past the point where I knew anything.  So, I'm trying to get a handle on the state of the union currently.  Did the great Sabbat crusade actually happen, for example.  That would mean that Baltimore was a melting pot of kindred.  But, then they took the city... it seems that, currently, it's in Camarilla hands.   So, did they lose it or did it never get taken?  Things like that allow us to put our characters in the current situation.  Is Marcus a refugee from another city (where many of his resources were destroyed/eaten) or is he established in Baltimore.  If he's established, did he barely weather the attack or come out stronger for it?  I want to fill in more background with current events.  Sorry for the novella explaining.  

1 hour ago, TheBard101 said:

I completely agree, I just don't know what it says to use it as a guideline.  hehe

My point was things have moved past the point where I knew anything.  So, I'm trying to get a handle on the state of the union currently.  Did the great Sabbat crusade actually happen, for example.  That would mean that Baltimore was a melting pot of kindred.  But, then they took the city... it seems that, currently, it's in Camarilla hands.   So, did they lose it or did it never get taken?  Things like that allow us to put our characters in the current situation.  Is Marcus a refugee from another city (where many of his resources were destroyed/eaten) or is he established in Baltimore.  If he's established, did he barely weather the attack or come out stronger for it?  I want to fill in more background with current events.  Sorry for the novella explaining.  

Baltimore has been a hotbed of Sabbat vs Camarilla control for a number of years.   The tug-of-war has gone back and forth, and even with the Camarilla on the brink of losing Belmont refusing to admit defeat.  The Brujah Prince's tactics saving a number of Kindred and using the Garou and Rokea packs in the city to his advantage to exterminate Sabbat groups. The recent fall of Washington D.C into Sabbat hands at the end of '99 has made Baltimore even more dangerous as its put Baltimore surrounded by Sabbat forces on three sides. It's fourth only saved by the Chesapeake Bay. Belladonna Capotondi and Bistri would be the two most prominent Sabbat Archbishops in the region that have been giving Baltimore trouble as of late.  Belladonna claiming Towson and Bistri in Annapolis.  Belladonna has been the largest opponent to Belmont's rule.  

Thanks for this context! Very helpful from a player perspective! 

My character sheet is almost competed, I think I am only missing my wits specialty. It's time to flesh out my character and write down her story! Thankfully, I shouldn't need to know much about this period of time early game! 

Side question, do we know [some of] the clans/sect of other Kindreds of Baltimore? 

Edited by Nordal (see edit history)

46 minutes ago, Nordal said:

Thanks for this context! Very helpful from a player perspective! 

My character sheet is almost competed, I think I am only missing my wits specialty. It's time to flesh out my character and write down her story! Thankfully, I shouldn't need to know much about this period of time early game! 

Side question, do we know [some of] the clans/sect of other Kindreds of Baltimore? 

The major Kindred in Baltimore (and surrounding area) are listed in the two threads.   Beyond that I'm open to allow some player flexibility to mold the area with their own backstories and the like.  When things kick off, its going to shake things up quickly, so having a huge amount of other political infrastructure that may not come up in the game doesn't serve me very well as a Storyteller.  There are a few Kindred NPC that arent listed that may come up, though as their circle may be limited and arent a public figure even amongst the Court.   As the Players attempt to survive/rebuild, clearly the Kindred and other powers within Baltimore will change based on their actions, and that is really one of the main driving factors I want the game to focus on. 

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)