Character Creation

Sorithar

Couple of questions.

1. By warrior types, what specifically is meant by this?

2. Is Complete Psionic a consideration for a source to use? Didn't see it listed so not sure if included in the "Complete Series".

3. Can you clarify on the portions of the requirements for No LA races and No LA buyoff? If LA races are banned then does that mean templates are allowable with no LA Buyoff?

4. Since starting at level 5, should wealth be for this level (9000 gp)? Or is the starting wealth to be done for level 1 despite characters being 5th level? Just wanting to clarify this.

5. Are you using any external sites like Discord or Roll20?

22 hours ago, Master_Enceladus said:

Couple of questions.

1. By warrior types, what specifically is meant by this?

2. Is Complete Psionic a consideration for a source to use? Didn't see it listed so not sure if included in the "Complete Series".

3. Can you clarify on the portions of the requirements for No LA races and No LA buyoff? If LA races are banned then does that mean templates are allowable with no LA Buyoff?

4. Since starting at level 5, should wealth be for this level (9000 gp)? Or is the starting wealth to be done for level 1 despite characters being 5th level? Just wanting to clarify this.

5. Are you using any external sites like Discord or Roll20?

1. Front line warriors.

2. "Complete Psionics" is a AD&D 2nd Edition handbook. Are you referring to the Expanded Psionics Handbook? It's a 3.5 resource, so allowed, but on a case by case basis. All rules regarding psionics from the PGtF are in play.

3. Templates are allowed, on a case by case basis. A template with no LA impact will likely be modified to have at least a +1 LA.

4. Adjusted this in the outline. 5th level wealth by level, no bonus equipment.

5. Not at this time. Also not considering it, at this time. Have access to both, so might be willing to entertain it if all current and new parties are interested.

1 hour ago, JagrHunter said:

Will PCs from your other thread be considered for both?

Wasn't planning on it, they're at different levels. That said, nothing stopping anyone from applying to both with the same character at different levels...

10 hours ago, Sorithar said:

2. "Complete Psionics" is a AD&D 2nd Edition handbook. Are you referring to the Expanded Psionics Handbook? It's a 3.5 resource, so allowed, but on a case by case basis. All rules regarding psionics from the PGtF are in play.

Well, was referring to the Complete Psionic where the Ardent, Divine Mind, and Lurk were introduced but you answered the general question. Will see what I can come up with.

1 hour ago, Draidden said:

For those that are posting new characters and then rolling bad. Before you say your rolls are bad and just drop out, try asking the DM if you can reroll or maybe switch to 27 point buy. He is a reasonable guy. 😉

That would be nice. I usually just stick to the instructions written, but yeah, my had the 14 I rolled been a 13 I would just have rerolled, backed up by the rulebook :)

@Sorithar Could I take the Spiritual Totem Barbarian alternate class feature from Complete Champion? I am hoping to take the Lion Totem for that awesome pounce action. I could make him a worshiper of Nobanion, since I don't suppose there are a lot of lions running around the region.

Spiritual Totem

Choose a spiritual totem: bear, eagle, fox, lion, or wolf. Once you do so, you are forever bound to that animal spirit. Your connection grants you special abilities based on the totem you have chosen (or that has chosen you, as some see it). The DM can add more totems to the above list as desired, using those presented here as guidelines.

Level: 1st.
Replaces: This benefit replaces the fast movement class feature.
Benefit: You gain one of the abilities described below, depending on the chosen totem. Each of these effects is a supernatural ability.

Bear Totem: The mighty bear is known for her crushing embrace, if you adopt her as your spiritual totem, you gain the improved grab ability.

Eagle Totem: The eagle can see clearly over great distances and often notices details that are not obvious. If you embrace him as your spiritual totem, you gain a +4 bonus on Search and Spot checks.

Fox Totem: The cunning fox uses stealth to gain the upper hand. Should you choose her as your spiritual totem, you gain a +4 bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks.

Lion Totem: Regal and intimidating, the powerful lion is a symbol of nobility among the races of the wild. By selecting him as your spiritual totem, you gain the pounce ability.

Wolf Totem: The wolf is a loyal ally who uses pack tactics to subdue her foes. If you choose her as your spiritual totem, you gain an additional +2 bonus on attack rolls when flanking an opponent.